1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Definitely seeing some different changes in the suit this time around. Not much but still great.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

After that new clip I want a civvie T'Challa figure. Yesterday.

I'm getting the regular release but I threw $50 RPs at this to make it a worthwhile variant. The base is cool and I like the weathering (I do see it :lol) but the prized possession is the BD scratched shield IMO

I agree with some others that a simple blood app to this reused sculpt would've made it a cooler and more worthy variant

I actually quite liked that expression. It was something different than the standard, stoic closed mouthed expressions that HT usually gives their sculpts, and Chris Evans seems to have that expression a lot while in the midst of battle. Not actually engaged in combat, but while during a brief break from actually being engaged in combat, while still in the middle of battle.

The only reason I ditched that sculpt was because of the diminutive size.

I'm in the minority with you. Sure, something was a little off and a little derpy but my main issue was that it was undersized. I like the direction they went with doing something different and he does make a similar expression often. If the GA was based off of one still image, I'd say it was the first reveal of the suit when he walked out of the woods with Falcon & Hill.

Are you referring to the Mark VII Stealth Version? If so, that's incorrect. I remember it lasting a good day or two before being waitlisted. The fastest Movie Promo Edition that sold out was the Mark VII Battle Damage as part of the IM3 release. That went to waitlist in about 4 hours if my memory serves me correct. (Mark VII Battle Damage was the best Movie Promo release in my opinion, but this is second for me. Awesome figure and I hope they damage everything up drastically.)

I guess my memory is failing me also because I remembered it sticking around for a couple of days too, but some others remember it differently.

MK VII BD was definitely the fastest sell out of all EX's I can think of as well. Python was a day I think and I believe Midas was a day or two. There may have been another 1 or 2 blow out sellers, but I think many of them stuck around for the most part

I'm in the minority with you. Sure, something was a little off and a little derpy but my main issue was that it was undersized. I like the direction they went with doing something different and he does make a similar expression often. If the GA was based off of one still image, I'd say it was the first reveal of the suit when he walked out of the woods with Falcon & Hill.

:exactly:

I'm getting the regular release but I threw $50 RPs at this to make it a worthwhile variant. The base is cool and I like the weathering (I do see it :lol) but the prized possession is the BD scratched shield IMO

I agree with some others that a simple blood app to this reused sculpt would've made it a cooler and more worthy variant

I guess my memory is failing me also because I remembered it sticking around for a couple of days too, but some others remember it differently.

MK VII BD was definitely the fastest sell out of all EX's I can think of as well. Python was a day I think and I believe Midas was a day or two. There may have been another 1 or 2 blow out sellers, but I think many of them stuck around for the most part

Yeah, I remember it that way too. I do know sometimes with those special releases the waitlist comes up and then changes back to pre-order. So there could have been some confusion as to when it officially went to waitlist.

Look at the bright side. If you miss out, the first release of Civil War Cap is available.. Scarlet Witch is only the movie promo version. "IF" they waitlist quickly, I'd be feeling a lot more miffed about that one if I was too late..

Missing this would be no worse for me than missing the Iron Man diecast EXs and not getting "Tony Stark has a heart", or TDW Loki and the aether. At least there is still plenty of opportunity to get the figure..

Does the back have the magnets to hold the shield in place like in the prior versions? I can't see that described on the Sideshow site.

Does the back have the magnets to hold the shield in place like in the prior versions? I can't see that described on the Sideshow site.

The only prior version that had a magnetic shield was AoU Cap and that was simply to simulate the way his shield attached in AoU. It wasn't meant to be a newly designed feature by HT that they were going to use on all future Cap figures. In CW, he returns back to using his shield with the straps, so both CW Cap figures reflect that.

Nope. That's still only on the Aou version.

I ordered this as well. I am really digging the base on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meh. I like the shield but that's it. I might pick that part up later. It'll be interesting to see how long this is available. It's an "exclusive" but that doesn't mean much when it's not Iron Man.

The Stealth Mk VII sold out in less than a day. What caused the debacle was the professional lighting used for the photos. The actual lighting photos looked way different and people went nuts. (what color is the dress to you?) Python sold out in a weekend. Released on a Friday, sold out by Monday.
I think this one had to come out because of the Black Panther figure. How could you have Black Panther released, and Cap doesn't come with the scratched shield. It's now an iconic image of the film. So, release a 2nd Cap as an exclusive. I don't care about all the arguing about which is better. I ordered the first CW Cap when it went up and I just ordered this one too. I ordered Scarlet Witch as well. I'm saving my points for an MMS version of Mk XLVI and Spider-Man. Depending on the price of Iron Man, I might get both for free. These figures are pretty much the only luxuries I'm buying myself. Thank God for Flex Pay!
Ryan

Meh. I like the shield but that's it. I might pick that part up later. It'll be interesting to see how long this is available. It's an "exclusive" but that doesn't mean much when it's not Iron Man.

That's what I plan on doing as well. Perhaps the base also, but I'm noticing that it doesn't have a cradle stand with it and you seemingly just have to free stand the figure on it.

So I'm guessing there's no rush to order this one?

That's what I plan on doing as well. Perhaps the base also, but I'm noticing that it doesn't have a cradle stand with it and you seemingly just have to free stand the figure on it.

Seems to me that if you want the shield and base from this release, you'd be better off buying the whole figure and parting out everything. You'd most like end up getting them both 'free' and maybe even making some $$ as well. That's if you didn't mind the hassle of parting out a figure. I'm guessing that shield alone is going to go for close to $80 and the base close to $30. You're half way to owning the whole figure right there.

2cents

I'd imagine this won't fly GA fast because it's too similar to the regular release, but I wouldn't bank on it sticking around if you're really interested. I'm pretty sure aside from GA there was another non-Stark exclusive that blew out quickly but while it was mostly Iron Man armors that had top popularity, I think Cap has gotten right up there with him.

I asked this same question earlier in the post. If it ends up there is nothing to help hold him up and he can't actually hold that pose without falling over it makes this "exclusive" base basically worthless.

I think HT Exclusives take longer then then regular editions to sell out. SS has alot of old ex. in stock.

Back