1/6 Hot Toys BW Movie Taskmaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense to Taskmaster fans, but Spider Man is an iconic character. Taskmaster is b level as far as relevance goes, i’d say they have a lot more room to sway from source material for a fairly unknown character that a lot of people don’t know or care about than someone like Spider Man who is in another league.

I’m sure the source material is wonderful, but 90% of the people seeing this movie won’t care.
Well said, the point I was tying to make also.

Hot Aunt May… fat child Filipino best friend hobgoblin, “MJ” who is not actually Mary Jane…

that’s just one movie but I don’t recall that in the Spider-Man or ultimate Spider-Man series I read as a kid.

Doesn’t make those movies any less a part of the MCU. Who cares about a female version of one of the most throwaway marvel villains when you’ve got a lot more iconic characters like Mary Jane being completely different than the comic?
Never said I like that either. Spiderman is like SW, you can do whatever and it will make a lot of money. Venom in SM3 went over real well. Just cause it is in the MCU doesn't mean it is good.

Taskmaster wasn't a throwaway villain in the comics, hence why TM was shown in all the trailers. Probably one of the more unique ones story wise. Marvel Studios just made it one and the Mandarin in Shang Chi will never replace the damage of the first one.

Mandarin in Shang Chi will never replace the damage of the first one.

Lol a little dramatic.

I’m sure Shang Chi’s Mandarin will be fine and i’m sure the planet will learnt to move on with IM3 Mandarin.

Some of you are so precious.

But we’ve seen comic Mary Jane in the Raimi films, and we’ve had 2 universes of SM movies before the MCU, so can you really blame them for trying something different in regards to that character for current SM?
I certainly don’t need to see the same version of a character 47 times….

Oh I completely agree with this and this is my point exactly. Don’t get me wrong.

So I guess what the topic at hand is then are the 12 taskmaster die hard fans feeling robbed because they never got to see their version of the character on the screen the way they remembered him? And if so is it rightly so?

i’m a big fan of Gambit and he’s barely been featured in the films. And if the only solo movie of him came out and he were like an old woman, or even something more subtle they changed him to be French Canadian instead of Cajun, I suppose I’d be upset. So I’m trying to see both sides. But again I thought this was an excellent film and that character had an arc that made sense for the story so I find little to criticize about it

No offense to Taskmaster fans, but Spider Man is an iconic character. Taskmaster is b level as far as relevance goes, i’d say they have a lot more room to sway from source material for a fairly unknown character that a lot of people don’t know or care about than someone like Spider Man who is in another league.

I’m sure the source material is wonderful, but 90% of the people seeing this movie won’t care.
Could've said that about Bucky, James Rhodes, Pepper, Odin, all the GOTG, etc. A smart, intelligent villain who can impersonate fighting styles is awesome. A damaged girl who had a chip in her head cause of damage from an explosion that "leveled a 5 story building" in addition to a facemask computer system is a lot cooler. Making Natasha clearly killing a girl to get to a bad guy but not really makes me feel better inside. Dumb angle and really took away from that important moment in Nat's past. They took the pedal off to make it more personal, which really made it less impactful.

Lol a little dramatic.

I’m sure Shang Chi’s Mandarin will be fine and i’m sure the planet will learnt to move on with IM3 Mandarin.

Some of you are so precious.
Lol says the guy on a Collector forum. Glad you enjoy everything in every movie.

So I guess what the topic at hand is then are the 12 taskmaster die hard fans feeling robbed because they never got to see their version of the character on the screen the way they remembered him? And if so is it rightly so?
15 actually. And Taskmaster has never been on the big screen before, so why do we need something drastically different?

Oh I completely agree with this and this is my point exactly. Don’t get me wrong.

i’m a big fan of Gambit and he’s barely been featured in the films. And if the only solo movie of him came out and he were like an old woman, or even something more subtle they changed him to be French Canadian instead of Cajun, I suppose I’d be upset. So I’m trying to see both sides. But again I thought this was an excellent film and that character had an arc that made sense for the story so I find little to criticize about it

Surely as Gambit fan, you’re well aware of how fans shitted on Deadpool in that Wolverine Origins movie. I even remember a handful of Maverick/Agent Zero fans expressed their distaste for his movie version.

It doesn’t matter if it’s millions of people mad about the changes of an A-list character or the 12 people here feeling robbed of a B-level character. It really isn’t too hard to understand there are always fans who just want what they know.

But this thread is about the discussion of who is cancelling /not buying this figure after seeing the movie and their reasons why, which is what us “12 fans” are discussing. This isn’t a passive aggressive therapy session about how people don’t get what they want in a comic book movie.

If that’s the topic at hand then I think the thing that shocks me the most about this hobby is actually more how people either buy or preorder a figure before they have even seen the movie. Because let’s be honest when you are buying figures from a film the film is actually what becomes the true source material so the rest is sort of a moot point.

I guess it’s not so hard to lose a $25 NRD on a preorder but still what benefit is there to preorder something before you see the film?

Even still it’s not actually so bad. I say that as I’m currently I’m seeing people drop thousands of dollars on a Robert Pattinson Bruce Wayne custom figure at the moment and not gonna lie, out of spite that alone makes me kind of hope that movie turns out to be awful

Lol says the guy on a Collector forum. Glad you enjoy everything in every movie.
That would make sense if i was buying every collectable released….but i’m not, so no idea how that post makes any sense.

Lol reading all these comments...

In the whole scheme of things the bungling execution of Taskmaster is the least of the film's problem. Can't believe these scripts get approved. What an awful film! It wasn't Captain Marvel or Incredible Hulk bad, but it surely came close. A solo movie about Black Widow, which wasn't even really about Black Widow! Imagine that!

The irony is that the titular character is essentially sidelined so that Black Widow Jr can shine and step into to fill the Black Widow void. It's crazy that this movie just showed us how unremarkable Black Widow is...since there's a small army of them! What makes Natasha Romanoff special then??? Because any of those global/ethnic group Black Widows could be an Avenger since they all essentially have the same skill sets.

Red Guardian was completely useless and only there for comic relief. The entire movie could have eliminated that character and the film would have progressed the same way. His ONLY purpose was to pivot the story to Melina...THAT is it. He didn't have any hero moments, he was pretty helpless, and he wasn't even that hilarious.

I won't go into Taskmaster since everyone else here has done it for me.

I gotta say MCU Phase 4 is def leaving a bad taste in my mouth. With this bomb of a movie and my dislike for the MCU TV series (with the exception of Loki so far...let's see if they botch the finale or not) I gotta say it's only a matter of time now before I dip out of the franchise entirely. Shang-Chi and Eternals both look exceptionally underwhelming...guess it's up to Spidey to save the day!

Anyways, let's see how the HT White Suit turns out...the proto still seems awesome enough that I would still buy it even though I'm not a fan of the film. Hopefully HT doesn't drop the ball on the final sculpt.

Could've said that about Bucky, James Rhodes, Pepper, Odin, all the GOTG, etc
Sure, of course they all fall into that b level slot too, but clearly some will get more development than others.
It’s just the nature of adapting everything Marvel has and so many hundreds of characters to utilise.
I think side characters ultimately are used to flesh out the bigger picture amongst the main characters, Taskmaster very much did that.

Wow thanks to the reveal botch job the film did with this character..this thread is really active :lol

That would make sense if i was buying every collectable released….but i’m not, so no idea how that post makes any sense.
So why are you on this thread? So called B list character you didn't care about in the first place....

Lol reading all these comments...

In the whole scheme of things the bungling execution of Taskmaster is the least of the film's problem. Can't believe these scripts get approved. What an awful film! It wasn't Captain Marvel or Incredible Hulk bad, but it surely came close. A solo movie about Black Widow, which wasn't even really about Black Widow! Imagine that!

The irony is that the titular character is essentially sidelined so that Black Widow Jr can shine and step into to fill the Black Widow void. It's crazy that this movie just showed us how unremarkable Black Widow is...since there's a small army of them! What makes Natasha Romanoff special then??? Because any of those global/ethnic group Black Widows could be an Avenger since they all essentially have the same skill sets.

Red Guardian was completely useless and only there for comic relief. The entire movie could have eliminated that character and the film would have progressed the same way. His ONLY purpose was to pivot the story to Melina...THAT is it. He didn't have any hero moments, he was pretty helpless, and he wasn't even that hilarious.

I won't go into Taskmaster since everyone else here has done it for me.

I gotta say MCU Phase 4 is def leaving a bad taste in my mouth. With this bomb of a movie and my dislike for the MCU TV series (with the exception of Loki so far...let's see if they botch the finale or not) I gotta say it's only a matter of time now before I dip out of the franchise entirely. Shang-Chi and Eternals both look exceptionally underwhelming...guess it's up to Spidey to save the day!

Anyways, let's see how the HT White Suit turns out...the proto still seems awesome enough that I would still buy it even though I'm not a fan of the film. Hopefully HT doesn't drop the ball on the final sculpt.
Not sure why she just didn't have a Disney+ series. She is on the same level as Hawkeye. Want to talk about her skill set being not special now, seems like everyone has gotten their hands on the super soldier serum. That is really a joke now.

I still would like to get this figure. Maybe adding a cape might help me get away from this version. Looking at the figure, I was wondering if a hood and a scarf like that was actually more of a womanly look than a manly one with a cape. Comic version is more of a hood attached to a cape, not a scarf. :dunno

Might be able to get this figure on the cheap now :D

Thing is, will this be the only Taskmaster MCU appearance? Only HT Taskmaster to be made? I wish they would do the VG Spiderman one now after this debacle. :lol

So why are you on this thread? So called B list character you didn't care about in the first place....

Erm, because i liked the character in the film? And wanted to see what other people thought? Because this is a discussion forum….

Back