1/6 Hot Toys BW Movie Taskmaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys seem to be giving up on the increasing prices, I know one way to get them down...stop buying them. If you keep on buying them, they will keep increasing in price.

You guys seem to be giving up on the increasing prices, I know one way to get them down...stop buying them. If you keep on buying them, they will keep increasing in price.
But then the problem becomes “nobody is buying this, so we wont making anything else like this again”.

And I was starting to warm up to the HT figure. Don't think I could buy it, look at it and enjoy it like I thought I would.

Wait why are people mad about this now? I quite liked Taskmaster in the film. Not enough to buy a figure of it though, but it was never really on my radar.

Wait why are people mad about this now? I quite liked Taskmaster in the film. Not enough to buy a figure of it though, but it was never really on my radar.

Because the source material Taskmaster is actually a very interesting and well-developed character who can be a serious threat. Plus, there's actually fans invested in said character who thought they were gonna get to see that in this movie. Instead, we just got a useless, underutilized, throwaway gender-swapped villain just for the sake of having one. Trevor 2.0 again:dunno

Because the source material Taskmaster is actually a very interesting and well-developed character who can be a serious threat. Plus, there's actually fans invested in said character who thought they were gonna get to see that in this movie. Instead, we just got a useless, underutilized, throwaway gender-swapped villain just for the sake of having one. Trevor 2.0 again:dunno

Queue in those people that will say "you just can't handle having your male character turned into a powerful woman or this is not the main Marvel universe so it's ok." which is not the dammed point.

Queue in those people that will say "you just can't handle having your male character turned into a powerful woman or this is not the main Marvel universe so it's ok." which is not the dammed point.

Exactly. I was totally prepared for comments like that when I posted on my IG about how I felt about Taskmasters disppointment. But at this point, I already know that's just an automatic defensive response and it's clear you're not talking to people who read and/or even respect the source material, so there's no point giving them any attention:lol

Which is a shame because I quite liked this design but it's Trevor all over again to me. No matter how cool the IM3 Trevor Mandarin figure looked, I just didn't want to be reminded of my disappointment in the character.

Queue in those people that will say "you just can't handle having your male character turned into a powerful woman

Well... (spoilers)

She wasn't powerful other than physically dangerous due to technology. She was a slave to an abusive psychopathic father and lacked any agency whatsoever, so no 'girl power' there.

Who cares about the source material. The MCU is a legacy all in itself. Look at Spider-Man for god sakes… they want down the “woke” path and honestly good on ‘em… it’s all well done, the characters are likable it’s fun its a universe all into itself but nothing is like the source material.

I liked taskmaster in the movie quite a lot I only wanted more of them as per usual the marvel villains are always never developed enough.

but maybe if I was a taskmaster fan I’d be pissed. Personally though I can’t see how anyone could be a fan of the character all lookin like the love child of Skelator and Deathstroke.

Last edited:
Defensive much? No one is “pissed.” With or without source material, people can have the opinion she was a useless, contrived, throwaway character in the movie.

If you like it, good for you, champ. Enjoy the figure.

I don’t care about source material, just give me something good. I liked what Taskmaster symbolised in this, it made sense for the story they told.

Some spoilers:

Who cares about source material...you do know that the characters and events come from source material right? I don't think Spiderman would be very appealing if he looked like Nacho Libre swinging through New York. Blatant bait and switch is pretty petty and since secret is out on the boards now, they totally had the TM stunt people male and/or padded so that it looks like a male. I happen to appreciate the fit female backside and that wasn't no female. They even CGI'd the head on the stunt performer like others have mentioned. Pathetic.

Defensive much? No one is “pissed.” With or without source material, people can have the opinion she was a useless, contrived, throwaway character in the movie.

If you like it, good for you, champ. Enjoy the figure.
Nothing to defend I’m quite apathetic about it all but I see people freaking out about source material and im thinking like… SO much of the MCU deviates from source material so what?

I don’t care about the figure, would never get it, I don’t care too deeply about the character either. In the film or the comic. But I enjoyed the film a lot and enjoyed the character in the movie for what it was

I’ll probably get the white black widow And if they made a Yelena I’d get her for sure loved her in the movie.

I have little expectation of marvel villains in the films… with the exception of Thanos (maybe) can anyone name a marvel cinematic universe villain who’s not a useless contrived throwaway character? Maybe Killmomger comes closeish… and hell, Loki has his own series and he’s still useless contrived and throwaway (so far). But that’s just my opinion.

Last edited:
Hot Aunt May… fat child Filipino best friend hobgoblin, “MJ” who is not actually Mary Jane…

that’s just one movie but I don’t recall that in the Spider-Man or ultimate Spider-Man series I read as a kid.

Doesn’t make those movies any less a part of the MCU. Who cares about a female version of one of the most throwaway marvel villains when you’ve got a lot more iconic characters like Mary Jane being completely different than the comic?

Some spoilers:

Who cares about source material...you do know that the characters and events come from source material right? I don't think Spiderman would be very appealing if he looked like Nacho Libre swinging through New York. Blatant bait and switch is pretty petty and since secret is out on the boards now, they totally had the TM stunt people male and/or padded so that it looks like a male. I happen to appreciate the fit female backside and that wasn't no female. They even CGI'd the head on the stunt performer like others have mentioned. Pathetic.
No offense to Taskmaster fans, but Spider Man is an iconic character. Taskmaster is b level as far as relevance goes, i’d say they have a lot more room to sway from source material for a fairly unknown character that a lot of people don’t know or care about than someone like Spider Man who is in another league.

I’m sure the source material is wonderful, but 90% of the people seeing this movie won’t care.

Back