1/6 Hot Toys BW Movie Taskmaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the list of MCU films that fell short of Black Widow's opening day,

Black Widow: $39,500,000 (July 9, 2021)Spider-Man: Far From Home: $39,255,628 (July 2, 2019)Ant-Man and the Wasp: $33,725,082 (July 6, 2018)Doctor Strange: $32,585,335 (Nov. 4 2016)Ant-Man: $22,649,199 (July 17, 2015)Guardians of the Galaxy: $37,845,336 (Aug. 1, 2014)Captain America: The Winter Soldier: $36,926,192 (April 4, 2014)Thor The Dark World: $31,899,210 (Nov. 8, 2013)Captain America: $25,700,189 (July 22, 2011)Thor: $25,481,796 (May 6, 2011)

I remember when everyone was saying that Marvel had it's 1st failure with GotG before it came out. That they had peaked and a talking tree was proof the run was over.

Last edited:
The MCU has peaked and it only makes sense. Something can only continue to climb so far before the inevitable drop. We are seeing it play out now in real-time with Black Widow and the MCU TV properties.

I'm curious what the BO numbers will be for this film...assuming Disney releases those numbers. I don't expect Shang-Chi or Eternals to do anywhere close to a billion.
It'll be hard to judge any films this summer when it comes to box office, especially with a lot of them available for streaming the same day. My folks ordered it off Disney Plus instead of going to the theater.

I saw BW in the theaters last night and it was packed, people were probably excited to just get out of the house and go to the movies.

If Black Widow makes between 600-800 mill WW, I'm sure Marvel will be more than happy with it.

It'll be hard to judge any films this summer when it comes to box office, especially with a lot of them available for streaming the same day. My folks ordered it off Disney Plus instead of going to the theater.

I saw BW in the theaters last night and it was packed, people were probably excited to just get out of the house and go to the movies.

If Black Widow makes between 600-800 mill WW, I'm sure Marvel will be more than happy with it.
I agree, tabulating final numbers will be a bit muddled especially with D+ streaming factored into it. For the sake of Marvel I hope it does well, but this film definitely was not good, nor was it worth the wait. They should have just WW84'd it and released its bad movie on streaming.

I remember when everyone was saying that Marvel had it's 1st failure with GotG before it came out. That they had peaked and a talking tree was proof the run was over.
That's interesting, where did you obtain the BW opening numbers from?

I don't think you can compare BW's opening day to Phase 1 films when MCU films weren't yet event films, also you'll find a bunch of those films (Spider-Man FFH, Captain America TWS and GotG) will surpass BW when you factor in inflation which does count.
BW has the advantage of people itching to see the next MCU movie after its delays due to COVID and just wanting to see something at the cinema. A disadvantage is that the number of people who saw it at home via D+ will reduce the box office.
It will be interesting to see what the opening weekend numbers are like and the final box office figures.

We'll see what the drop point off is. No D+ numbers, but no Marvel movie for a long time now. Could be inflated for that, good timing on the world opening up. I don't think this has even opened up in China yet.

I agree, tabulating final numbers will be a bit muddled especially with D+ streaming factored into it. For the sake of Marvel I hope it does well, but this film definitely was not good, nor was it worth the wait. They should have just WW84'd it and released its bad movie on streaming.

I hope it does well too, I'm sure the budget was pretty small compared to their usual stuff. I thought it was just okay, wasn't blown away by anything and with how disappointing Taskmaster was, it was obvious who was behind the mask after Natasha had the flashback of "killing" the people involved with the Red Room.

I was impressed with the score of the movie though, Marvel music isn't anything memorable besides the Avengers theme and to an extent, the WS theme, but I thought this film had some nice background music.

I don't think Marvel Box Office is a good indicator of quality anymore. They have a solid fanbase that shows up for them no matter what. Captain Marvel made a billion and the script was reallllyyy bad.
Another good point, my friends and I are in this group lol.

God I despised Captain Marvel lol. Thanks for reminding me about that one.

I was impressed with the score of the movie though, Marvel music isn't anything memorable besides the Avengers theme and to an extent, the WS theme, but I thought this film had some nice background music.
I think everything by Henry Jackman who did the music for The Winter Soldier and Civil War stand out, and the music from Infinity War and Endgame by Alan Silvestri were great as well. To be honest I didn't even notice the score in BW, but I will pay attention more next time I watch it.

Lorne Balfe composed the BW score which stood out to me because I know he's responsible for Mission Impossible: Fallout, so clearly BW was trying to attain those Ethan Hunt vibes...but they failed miserably at it.

Another thing is, what good movies actually came out this year? I see Quiet Place 2 at the top, then F9 and Kong. I haven't heard anything good from any of them. Black Widow might get some Oscars this year with what this year might bring. :lol

I definitely don't think Box Office is going to be a good indicator for these films. Everyone is seeing it, but it seems like it's a subset of hardcore fans who aren't enjoying it as much. For casual moviegoers I think the movie is getting good reception, which means Disney will make bank and that's all that matters to them. Time will tell how Phase 4 shakes out. I'm holding out hope that something will suck me back in. I miss that feeling.

The way the MCU is set up right now I just don’t see how they could have introduced comic TM without it being tech based.

But turning him into Drakov’s daughter is definitely a divisive idea.

In a way I guess they needed TM to be the ultimate soldier to lead the Widows program.

I would’ve went even deeper with the character and presented her as being tortured under the suit while the tech was mimicking the Avengers moves.

It’s as if BW is still slowly killing his daughter.

Last edited:
Another thing is, what good movies actually came out this year? I see Quiet Place 2 at the top, then F9 and Kong. I haven't heard anything good from any of them. Black Widow might get some Oscars this year with what this year might bring. :lol

F9 is nowhere near being a top movie of 2021. It’s just a movie that came out in 2021:lol

After watching it again..they don’t have to do a unmasked deformed sculpt . They can just make the figure look like a man and work with it

I watched a Quiet Place and it was probably about a 30% full. F9 was only about twenty or thirty people including the 5 i was with and BW last night was probably about 80% full. I was kind of suprised at how many people were there just because a lot people have been just watching things at home.

The way the MCU is set up right now I just don’t see how they could have introduced comic TM without it being tech based.
I would've liked to see a super intelligent fighter that has photographic memory. Would be a terrifying person to mess with and I really liked the bridge fight that alluded to that. I'm kinda tired of the Stark like tech that everyone seems to have now. Also everyone has the super soldier serum too!

I would've liked to see a super intelligent fighter that has photographic memory. Would be a terrifying person to mess with and I really liked the bridge fight that alluded to that. I'm kinda tired of the Stark like tech that everyone seems to have now. Also everyone has the super soldier serum too!
I agree but it would had to be mutant powers enabled and then we would all be complaining that everyone now has mutant powers lol

I’m actually surprised that the MCU didn’t go with an enhanced BW, one of my favorite depictions in the books, at least It would have explained how she could have survived what she physically went through in this movie sheesh she was made of rubber in this!

Then again an enhanced BW would have survived Vorimer unless Vorimer nullified powers.

Seems to me that most seemed to like the movie overall.

The debate over a female version of a male character is a silly aside that a small group of vocal people on either side will make into a thing that will shortly also fizzle out. It’s not a big deal. It’s certainly not anything that’s worth women’s rights protestors to even think about lol. It’s a debate between weenie fanboys and that’s just it, Snyder cut has been our for awhile and we haven’t had a lot of new content to complain about because if Covid so it’s overdue.

And the new mandarin in Shang chi shows that one day the 12 (15) taskmaster fans may get to see the character portrayed again in a new way within the MCU.

It’s just a suit and a protocol. The real taskmaster dude from the comic could always just find the suit somehow after the woman discards it and take it from there. It’s not a massively popular character like Deadpool so no one is going to be petitioning for it, but another writer who sees an opportunity to work that character into a new story could very much figure out a way to do so as with the Mandarin.

One thing I thought was pretty funny was the debate of it being a male or female body under the suit for the figure. It was a man in the suit in the movie lol why would they make this a female body under this only to add a bunch of padding to make the build look like a man?

Y’all are so silly sometimes.

Anyways you don’t even really know it may not even been purely about bait and switch. For all we know most of her body could have been blown off and the body is a robot
Seems most are torn on it. It's Marvel and people feel like they have to like it.

The debate is silly in your mind. Marvel wouldn't be in this position if not for passionate fans. Not sticking to certain character elements would get you where the failed superhero movies got you. Just take what they give you, no need to debate anything. Please...

Multiple Mandarin's shows that Marvel blew their first shot with him.

Oh he's not Deadpool. Thanks for the clarification. TM wasn't even given a shot to be something worthwhile. I'll start the petition so you don't have to. Black Widow is just a spy, why make a movie about her? Nothing special there.

The actress for TM is a very thin woman. If they wanted it tight on her, you could EASILY tell that it was a woman. Fraudulent bait and switch as I've ever seen one. When she was crawling at the end, the suit looked real padded on her. Just do a Russian villain and stay away from TM.

I guess your not silly sometimes.

I hope she is mostly robot to make the character even more worthless now. Might as well made her Deathlok then. Since you didn't know about Taskmaster nor read comic books, I guess you wouldn't know that character either.

I agree but it would had to be mutant powers enabled and then we would all be complaining that everyone now has mutant powers lol

I’m actually surprised that the MCU didn’t go with an enhanced BW, one of my favorite depictions in the books, at least It would have explained how she could have survived what she physically went through in this movie sheesh she was made of rubber in this!

Then again an enhanced BW would have survived Vorimer unless Vorimer nullified powers.
Batman/Dr. Strange/probably Stark/Banner have photographic memory. I'd just want TM to be the super smart merc that he is supposed to be. No mutant genes required!

BW seemed to have hit every surface possible in this movie. :lol

Last edited:
Back