1/6 Hot Toys BW Movie Taskmaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I'm kinda curious what was wrong with Task master's original origin that needed to be changed. Seems you could have easily taken his comic story and inserted some revenge/ justice plot between him and Black Widow.

The change to his character seemed pretty unnecessary on the whole and kind of just a watered down version of the Winter Soldier/ Cap dynamic. It was like the same reveal minus all the personal attachment between bucky and cap.:dunno

Other than that, movie was okay. I don't really feel any alarming need to own task master anymore though. Which is unfortunate as I really wanted to cast my ballot in the "please hot toys make some villains for ***** sake" category.

Very disappointed with the way Taskmaster was handled in the film, even early on when getting programmed. That was the first real red flag. The goggles/mask feeding information was fine but the robotic feel to the character was a disappointing twist, but one easily seen when you realize who wasn’t dead either.

Really curious if this figure stays on a male body or gets switched over to a female one? I hope they largely ignore that unnecessary twist to give the figure the physic portrayed in the film. I can separate the film’s portray from the character. I still enjoy the Mandarin figure despite that twist. This is one time I’m glad for no unmasked head.

IM3 mandarin remains the worst twist ever, what a waste of a character. I don't feel angry about taskmaster as I'm not as familiar with the character

The Mandarin twist sticks out because the reimagining was good enough in its own right. Taskmistress is all around awful, so you get angry then forget about it. Kingsley's Mandarin made sense, was cool and before the bait-and-switch you were legitimately interested. I think in a way that stings more. In the end, Taskmaster didn't deserve this, and they better retcon Tony Masters into an actual person that the Taskmaster Program or whatever was based on. Taskmaster's too cool to be wasted like this.

The male Women's Rights protesters are out and trolling the Taskmaster haters. Seeing a lot of specific hate towards that character of the movie. TM clearly didn't deliver and the majority so far agrees. I am always a fan of people giving their opinion and not giving specific reasons as to why, hence just wanting to troll.

The film itself is not delivering either, lots of meh feelings over it. Some are suggesting it should have been a Russian villain instead of using up a well liked comic villain.

Seems to me that most seemed to like the movie overall.

The debate over a female version of a male character is a silly aside that a small group of vocal people on either side will make into a thing that will shortly also fizzle out. It’s not a big deal. It’s certainly not anything that’s worth women’s rights protestors to even think about lol. It’s a debate between weenie fanboys and that’s just it, Snyder cut has been our for awhile and we haven’t had a lot of new content to complain about because if Covid so it’s overdue.

And the new mandarin in Shang chi shows that one day the 12 (15) taskmaster fans may get to see the character portrayed again in a new way within the MCU.

It’s just a suit and a protocol. The real taskmaster dude from the comic could always just find the suit somehow after the woman discards it and take it from there. It’s not a massively popular character like Deadpool so no one is going to be petitioning for it, but another writer who sees an opportunity to work that character into a new story could very much figure out a way to do so as with the Mandarin.

One thing I thought was pretty funny was the debate of it being a male or female body under the suit for the figure. It was a man in the suit in the movie lol why would they make this a female body under this only to add a bunch of padding to make the build look like a man?

Y’all are so silly sometimes.

Anyways you don’t even really know it may not even been purely about bait and switch. For all we know most of her body could have been blown off and the body is a robot

Seems to me that most seemed to like the movie overall.

The debate over a female version of a male character is a silly aside that a small group of vocal people on either side will make into a thing that will shortly also fizzle out. It’s not a big deal. It’s certainly not anything that’s worth women’s rights protestors to even think about lol. It’s a debate between weenie fanboys and that’s just it, Snyder cut has been our for awhile and we haven’t had a lot of new content to complain about because if Covid so it’s overdue.

And the new mandarin in Shang chi shows that one day the 12 (15) taskmaster fans may get to see the character portrayed again in a new way within the MCU.

It’s just a suit and a protocol. The real taskmaster dude from the comic could always just find the suit somehow after the woman discards it and take it from there. It’s not a massively popular character like Deadpool so no one is going to be petitioning for it, but another writer who sees an opportunity to work that character into a new story could very much figure out a way to do so as with the Mandarin.

One thing I thought was pretty funny was the debate of it being a male or female body under the suit for the figure. It was a man in the suit in the movie lol why would they make this a female body under this only to add a bunch of padding to make the build look like a man?

Y’all are so silly sometimes.

Anyways you don’t even really know it may not even been purely about bait and switch. For all we know most of her body could have been blown off and the body is a robot
Nah it was just a **** twist and there's literally no reason for it. I couldn't care less about Dreykov's daughter, are we supposed to just care because it was a fictional child with zero character development? The change wasn't earned or justified whatsoever.

Every character is someones favourite, doesn't matter if the character is mainstream or not. I've liked Tony Masters as Taskmaster in everything I've seen him in, so that's how I know the character, and that's what I want to see.

What's next, Wendy Wilson for MCU Deadpool?

Sure that’s a good idea, why not do the Wanda Wilson Lady Deadpool in the MCU? They have the lady and the kid Loki in the Loki series.

jane is going to be the female Thor in the next film.

it’s a massive cinematic universe with endless stories to tell. There’s room forever for all kinds of interpretations on the characters.

Sure that’s a good idea, why not do the Wanda Wilson Lady Deadpool in the MCU? They have the lady and the kid Loki in the Loki series.

jane is going to be the female Thor in the next film.

it’s a massive cinematic universe with endless stories to tell. There’s room forever for all kinds of interpretations on the characters.
Jane is going to be the female Thor alongside Thor, if she earns the power and it feels justified, I don't care. There was no reason for this Taskmaster bollocks, it didn't pay off, majority of people seem to hate it even if they liked the movie.

Until I see Tony Masters I don't believe they're gonna do it. It's taken almost 10 years to get the real Mandarin after whatever the **** that was in Iron Man 3.

I'm sure i'll get hate for this but I (and who i went with) did not know anything about Taskmaster before the film so we thought it was great. We had no idea what to expect or what the comic history was. I will Definitely be picking the figure up just wish it included a headscuplt

I just knew the tears would be flowing, y'all are very predictable

I'm sure i'll get hate for this but I (and who i went with) did not know anything about Taskmaster before the film so we thought it was great. We had no idea what to expect or what the comic history was. I will Definitely be picking the figure up just wish it included a headscuplt

Don’t let comments like the first quote fool you. Nobody is getting emotional over Taskmasters portrayal. They just don’t know how to handle people with different opinions so they just say overly dramatic statements to feel better about themselves.

No one with with any hint of maturity will “hate” you for buying toys with your own money. Personally, I hope it sells to help justify more villains being made in the future.

As someone who has little to no knowledge of Taskmaster's comic origins, I didn't mind the twist that much. As far as the figure design is concerned, I think it's a cool design and it'd be a good figure to pair with Widow on the shelf. The emotional attachment felt forced to me though. I definitely didn't care about Nat's guilty conscience over this little girl. And the two guys who sat in the theater next to me giggling every 2 minutes didn't give a **** either :rolleyes:

The movie itself? It 100% felt like a set up for Yelena and detracted a lot from Nat. It didn't feel like Nat's movie, which is a shame because it's the only solo movie Nat is going to have. I get that Phase 4 is supposed to be a set up phase for everything else, and is apparently going to be shorter, but introducing so many fantastical elements and explaining it away with, "Oh we never interfered before — until it became plot relevant!!" is only going to go so far.

I'm not looking forward to MCU movies/TV the same way I used to. Too many of my favorite characters are gone, and I haven't been sucked in by any of the releases so far (WV, FATWS, Loki, & BW). The new Spidey movie is the only one I'm looking forward to. I think my collection is going to stay focused on the Infinity Saga.

I'm really excited for Shang Chi. It looks really good. Iron Man is my favorite MCU character ( i have dozens of Iron Man figures) and i will miss RDJ but i am happy he is gone. I hate when companies keep a character around so long you start to not care about them anymore. It is better to go out on top.

I am looking forward to the new characters and stories. I had zero interest in Iron Man, Cap, Thor or GotG in 2007 so i'm sure i will have a bunch of new favorites in the next few years. I am already looking forward to seeing more of Yelena.

I don't think anyone is saying not to buy the figure, but Marvel Studios took a liberty with a long established character and changed him. To not expect a backlash is pretty naive. I personally like the look, yet wanted the character to be something more...appealing. Whatever you think, there is clear division with this character.

Ignorance is bliss :dunno

It was clearly meant for people who never gave a **** about the character to begin with. They are not trying to appeal to fans. The fans are an obstacle. The lesson is we were fools for caring.

As someone who has little to no knowledge of Taskmaster's comic origins, I didn't mind the twist that much. As far as the figure design is concerned, I think it's a cool design and it'd be a good figure to pair with Widow on the shelf. The emotional attachment felt forced to me though. I definitely didn't care about Nat's guilty conscience over this little girl. And the two guys who sat in the theater next to me giggling every 2 minutes didn't give a **** either :rolleyes:

The movie itself? It 100% felt like a set up for Yelena and detracted a lot from Nat. It didn't feel like Nat's movie, which is a shame because it's the only solo movie Nat is going to have. I get that Phase 4 is supposed to be a set up phase for everything else, and is apparently going to be shorter, but introducing so many fantastical elements and explaining it away with, "Oh we never interfered before — until it became plot relevant!!" is only going to go so far.

I'm not looking forward to MCU movies/TV the same way I used to. Too many of my favorite characters are gone, and I haven't been sucked in by any of the releases so far (WV, FATWS, Loki, & BW). The new Spidey movie is the only one I'm looking forward to. I think my collection is going to stay focused on the Infinity Saga.
The MCU has peaked and it only makes sense. Something can only continue to climb so far before the inevitable drop. We are seeing it play out now in real-time with Black Widow and the MCU TV properties.

I'm curious what the BO numbers will be for this film...assuming Disney releases those numbers. I don't expect Shang-Chi or Eternals to do anywhere close to a billion.

Back