1/6 Hot Toys BW Movie Taskmaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
197434445_4082625015139409_5130436032684445062_n.jpg

Right. Because people complaining on Facebook and on this little forum is gonna make Hot Toys and Sideshow change their pricing on the figures. :lol

It's not justifying anything. It's just the way things are and have been. Pricing have only gone up over time and will continue to do so. Seeing a $250 figure during these times is something you don't normally see is all.
This is true. Howard Chan DM'd me and said they saw Hologram AI's post and felt comfortable jacking basic figure prices up by 14% now. :lol

Hot Toys has been pricing these absurdly for years and nothing is going to change that. These are nonessential luxuries like a $500 bottle of wine, $800 pair of sneakers or $3000 purse.
Fair...but still basic, barebone figures (especially D-listers like Taskmaster) should not command a $250 starting price. You're telling me this figure is worth nearly as much as a video game console? Get outta here! :thud:

Fair...but still basic, barebone figures (especially D-listers like Taskmaster) should not command a $250 starting price. You're telling me this figure is worth nearly as much as a video game console? Get outta here! :thud:
To someone who doesn’t play video games, it can be worth more. I would never pay $800 for a pair of subzero’s aforementioned sneakers, but apparently there are people out there who will. Different people like different things - go figure. :lol Relatively speaking, IMO Taskmaster should have a higher price point than the new Black Widow. She’s overpriced, but based on the design & accessories I think his price is about right.

Too bad the character doesn’t wear a cape in the movie. Just one scene would have been a nice touch. Maybe someone will offer one in the secondary even if it isn’t screen accurate.

This design is pretty bad. It's kind of an eyesore.

On the other hand, I have an extensive Marvel collection and this would be an omission. Still, I decided I wasn't going to be buying for that reason anymore.

If it goes on sale I guess I'll get it. Maybe TM will be cool in the movie, idk

On the other hand, I have an extensive Marvel collection and this would be an omission. Still, I decided I wasn't going to be buying for that reason anymore.

Ultimately the movie will make or break if I pick this one up, but I agree if it goes on sale that would be a good incentive.

I actually preordered this day one and I haven’t done that in years. I’m really liking the design myself and everything we’ve seen so far. Plus that awesome stunt show in Avengers Campus. For Black Widow I’m gonna wait for the black and gold suit.

I'm the one who is always saying NONE of these figures are worth what we pay but they can charge whatever they want just like any company. There are smaller less detail non articulated figures going for more than this. Just look around sideshows website.

Never know the movie could completely change your mind. I laughed when the Homemade Spider Suit went up for order, It was just so ugly lol. Then i watched the movie and loved it. Ordered it the next day.

Never know the movie could completely change your mind. I laughed when the Homemade Spider Suit went up for order, It was just so ugly lol. Then i watched the movie and loved it. Ordered it the next day.

True! Conversely, one may like figures/collectibles of things one may not have interest in; for instance I ended up picking up some of the JL figures without seeing the film(s).

It’ll make a nice compliment piece to anybody with Franco New Goblin:lol

:lol :lol

Maybe his shield doubles as a saucer sled and he uses it to escape in the end. There is a winter scene after all. :lol

jasonxtremesledding.gif

:lol :lol Would be epic if that happens now!

Reading the love for this character in comic book form all over this thread and pre Widow hype, and having seen the movie last night (in Aus), I genuinely think the majority of people are going to be really pissed off with the way this villain is portrayed in the movie…
I don’t know anything about Taskmaster and even I was underwhelmed by this iteration of the character… ugh

Reading the love for this character in comic book form all over this thread and pre Widow hype, and having seen the movie last night (in Aus), I genuinely think the majority of people are going to be really pissed off with the way this villain is portrayed in the movie…
I don’t know anything about Taskmaster and even I was underwhelmed by this iteration of the character… ugh
Yep, can’t believe Feige approved that ****.

Gotta have that surprise!

Back