1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each their own of course, but to me, if the slightly darker color of the suit is enough to make one sell it, you probably didn't want the figure that much to begin with. I equate it with the not getting the figure and citing the front of the cowl slightly covering the logo as being the reason why.

Well, I also feel it is the least impressive out of the three and since I already had Knightmare and armored, plus the fact that I will be getting the normal suit in form of the sideshow PF, it seemed 100% not needed to be part of my collection. The fact that it depicted the movies suit in the wrong color was the main reason that made me unhappy with it though.
To be honest here, its not just slightly darker, it has the color scheme of the JL suit, which is just plain wrong for the BvS suit. I loved the BvS suit because it depicted the Batman for the first time in black and grey and if the HT doesn't replicate that, it a problem for me.
If you love the reg suit Hot Toy, awesome. It's a great fig and I get when people don't mind the color of the suit. I do though.

I also find it weird that you equate me not being fully happy with it (and selling it to a fellow collector who otherwise would have had a hard time getting it anymore) with people not buying it at all. I don't get that thought process.

That's why I said to each their own. We all have our own reasons for liking or not liking a figure. If you're not fully happy with something, then by all means, get rid of it indeed.

I just recall in one of ClipperKing's reviews, him mentioning the very minor issue of the cowl slightly covering the logo and that some people were probably not going to get the figure because of that (which of course is their prerogative). However, he mentioned that if that minor issue bothered you enough to not get the figure, then you probably didn't want it that much in the first place. I would put the issue of the suit being slightly too dark in the same category. It's a bit too dark indeed, but it's something that is very minor, in my opinion.

Also, if you prefer and like the grey suit with the dark cowl combo, this figure would be your only chance to get that, at least for awhile. I don't imagine the hue of the suit of the potential SS Batman figure being any different, and the suit in JL looks to be darker than the BvS suit.

I didn't even notice the suit was too dark until someone mentioned it earlier this week. I'm not nitpicky or a stickler for exact movie accuracy(a useful trait for Hot Toy collectors) so stuff like that doesn't bother me I get more concerned about the long term durability of them than anything else. If it made it into my detolf I wanted it despite any flaws or inaccuracies.

Got this as a Christmas present what an awesome piece. Didn't realize there was some blue in the armor from the pics. I dig.

After seeing a few negative comments recently it's good to see more positive reactions for this BC figure. I love mine to, such an imposing piece.

Got mine as a Christmas gift as well! I love the figure I think the black plating makes it look a little more like batman IMO. I love how imposing he looks in my display case and the LED light just make him pop! Couldn't be happier with him!! Actually just posted my review on my youtube channel! If you have any interest in this guy you can check it out here!

https://youtu.be/CRoIlyzLo5I

IMG_2476.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2475[1].jpg
    IMG_2475[1].jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 273
Got mine as a Christmas gift as well! I love the figure I think the black plating makes it look a little more like batman IMO. I love how imposing he looks in my display case and the LED light just make him pop! Couldn't be happier with him!! Actually just posted my review on my youtube channel! If you have any interest in this guy you can check it out here!

https://youtu.be/CRoIlyzLo5I

View attachment 313797

Nice review, I watched this morning. Agree on how poor the stock stand is, I bought one of Stoney's stand for mine and love it.
You are right about the LED's making him pop but I find them so frustrating. Just like the DX13 I get a few minutes before they fade so dim I can barely tell they are switched on. :gah:

Nice review, I watched this morning. Agree on how poor the stock stand is, I bought one of Stoney's stand for mine and love it.
You are right about the LED's making him pop but I find them so frustrating. Just like the DX13 I get a few minutes before they fade so dim I can barely tell they are switched on. :gah:

Thanks for checking out my review! I've looked at Stoney's stands a few times but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. For now since the BC and normal bats both stand really well by themselves I've just put them side by side and put the normal batman stand between them with the logo propped up. Think it looks decent enough. I tested the led eyes yesterday on mine and even after about 45-60min they still seemed as bright as they were when I turned them on. That really sucks yours dim that quickly.

Thanks for checking out my review! I've looked at Stoney's stands a few times but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. For now since the BC and normal bats both stand really well by themselves I've just put them side by side and put the normal batman stand between them with the logo propped up. Think it looks decent enough. I tested the led eyes yesterday on mine and even after about 45-60min they still seemed as bright as they were when I turned them on. That really sucks yours dim that quickly.

Cool idea using the stand popped up between them, I'd never even thought of that.
hmm not sure what's wrong with the eyes on mine then, as I said the red eye on the DX13 fades quickly to. Are you using the three batteries they provide with the figure or something else? I thought I might have put them in wrong, so tried other ways :lol but they only work that one way, not sure what else it can be.

Cool idea using the stand popped up between them, I'd never even thought of that.
hmm not sure what's wrong with the eyes on mine then, as I said the red eye on the DX13 fades quickly to. Are you using the three batteries they provide with the figure or something else? I thought I might have put them in wrong, so tried other ways :lol but they only work that one way, not sure what else it can be.

I'm just using the stock batteries that came with the figure. I just tested my Mark 45 Iron Man and that one doesn't seem to dim either. Now the light saber light up function on my kylo seems to dim out extremely quick. Maybe its just how some of them are wired or maybe something wrong with the connectors. But its strange that both of yours dim like that. Would think the QC for hot toys would be good enough you wouldn't get two figures like that...

I'm just using the stock batteries that came with the figure. I just tested my Mark 45 Iron Man and that one doesn't seem to dim either. Now the light saber light up function on my kylo seems to dim out extremely quick. Maybe its just how some of them are wired or maybe something wrong with the connectors. But its strange that both of yours dim like that. Would think the QC for hot toys would be good enough you wouldn't get two figures like that...

Thanks for your replies. Would be interesting to know how many others have the same issue with this figure. I assumed if there was a fault they wouldn't work at all, seems odd they are bright to start then start to fail but I'm not an electrician. :lol

^ That spear really does add quite a lot to an already stunning figure!

So uhh...how the hell do you attach hands to this guy? I have one arm with a peg in it, one without, and I can't get the hands to stick on either. Any help?

So uhh...how the hell do you attach hands to this guy? I have one arm with a peg in it, one without, and I can't get the hands to stick on either. Any help?

I gave up trying to switch the hands on this guy. Every time I went to switch them out the wrist peg came out with the hand and had to use pliers to remove the peg from the hand. I also had a lot of trouble getting them to stay in the arm socket. I just put on the open hands and I think I have them actually in place now so that's how it will stay. Not messing with any sort of poses other than a vanilla museum pose with this guy unfortunately.

I frequently get the wrist pegs coming out with the hands. Pliers to get the peg out, hair dryer to get the peg in the new hand and again to get it onto the figure. It's so tedious I dread having to change hands on figures. I haven't switched hands on this BC figure but they did fall off a few times while i was putting the spear in his hands. I just pushed the gauntlet up as far as it would go to expose more of the wrist peg, quick blast with the hair dryer and then forced the hand on.

Back