1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These images brought to you by JJ Abrams, lol. Nice display
Are you lighting from below with those dioder?
I am impressed with the wire routing. Most people have them all overt the place like a dogs dinner.
If you get another one though, what I normally do is drill a hole in the baseplate and route all the wires down through that. It's very tidy and you don't have to worry about getting the power to the top of the detolf.

Cheers man! I didn't even think about that, the wires really annoy me. I already have another but Iv not lit it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers man! I didn't even think about that, the wires really annoy me. I already have another but Iv not lit it yet

i recommend making your own system. If you have a soldering iron(or know someone who does), you can buy a 5m roll of LED strip and have five times the light as your DIODER in the detolf at half the cost. Or, light several from one pack. I have fitted four such rolls in my new custom cabinet and they are amazingly bright. I should have the whole thing together in a week or so.

i recommend making your own system. If you have a soldering iron(or know someone who does), you can buy a 5m roll of LED strip and have five times the light as your DIODER in the detolf at half the cost. Or, light several from one pack. I have fitted four such rolls in my new custom cabinet and they are amazingly bright. I should have the whole thing together in a week or so.

That sounds like a great setup! Would love to know how to do that in mine. I'm having two detolf side by side and raised so the bottom shelves are more visible. How to light them best has been bugging me for a while.

On a standard IKEA detolf, I usually saw off roughly an inch of the bottom of one of the plastic strips that attaches the two glass panels together at the corner, and run the wires out through there as opposed to through the hole in the middle of the top that the detolf provides. From the bottom, I work the wires up as opposed to down as you'd have to do if you went through the stock hole at the top. Looks a lot cleaner in my opinion.

image.jpg

The white cord on the right has nothing to do with the detolf lighting. I just tucked the excess wiring underneath the detolf.

That sounds like a great setup! Would love to know how to do that in mine. I'm having two detolf side by side and raised so the bottom shelves are more visible. How to light them best has been bugging me for a while.

Well if you want a tutorial on what i am using, let me know. Just PM me and i can send you links to the materials. Pics at the bottom of this message of my new cabinet. It's been a WIP for ages, but hopefully will be finished this week sometime.

On a standard IKEA detolf, I usually saw off roughly an inch of the bottom of one of the plastic strips that attaches the two glass panels together at the corner, and run the wires out through there as opposed to through the hole in the middle of the top that the detolf provides. From the bottom, I work the wires up as opposed to down as you'd have to do if you went through the stock hole at the top. Looks a lot cleaner in my opinion.

The white cord on the right has nothing to do with the detolf lighting. I just tucked the excess wiring underneath the detolf.

Very clever. I never thought of that... But on my detolfs, i used two full sets of Dioder per detolf, so i could have two bars on each shelf, so i had a lot more wires.

Here are pics of the WIP cabinet i am making right now. The "small" shelf is for the Delorean, and the gaps on either side are for Hulk, Iron Monger and Jake Sully. Each shelf has 4 metres of lighting above it in pure white LEDs, at a rough cost of $18 per shelf.

50D4117B-BE05-4DE4-B948-82CDBA469CD1.jpg

A6C8AD0D-0A43-43D3-B219-1E8A3E5CA9CA.jpg

6959A454-65F0-4171-8433-FC255BAF4D50.jpg

ABD66C6B-96E5-4906-B244-3079170FD5DC.jpg

E1BD30EE-FBAF-4B64-A11B-35AEDB5C5470.jpg

C5E56693-34B2-49FD-BF61-6BBEA44C7053.jpg

Last edited:
Well if you want a tutorial on what i am using, let me know. Just PM me and i can send you links to the materials. Pics at the bottom of this message of my new cabinet. It's been a WIP for ages, but hopefully will be finished this week sometime.

Very clever. I never thought of that... But on my detolfs, i used two full sets of Dioder per detolf, so i could have two bars on each shelf, so i had a lot more wires.

Here are pics of the WIP cabinet i am making right now. The "small" shelf is for the Delorean, and the gaps on either side are for Hulk, Iron Monger and Jake Sully. Each shelf has 4 metres of lighting above it in pure white LEDs, at a rough cost of $18 per shelf.

50D4117B-BE05-4DE4-B948-82CDBA469CD1.jpg

A6C8AD0D-0A43-43D3-B219-1E8A3E5CA9CA.jpg

6959A454-65F0-4171-8433-FC255BAF4D50.jpg

ABD66C6B-96E5-4906-B244-3079170FD5DC.jpg

E1BD30EE-FBAF-4B64-A11B-35AEDB5C5470.jpg

C5E56693-34B2-49FD-BF61-6BBEA44C7053.jpg

Thank you, I'll do that. So that's 4 detolfs together but without the side pieces of glass diving each one? That will be a beautiful display, looks incredible already, cant wait to see when you finish.

Thank you, I'll do that. So that's 4 detolfs together but without the side pieces of glass diving each one? That will be a beautiful display, looks incredible already, cant wait to see when you finish.

No. it's two custom top/bottom plates which are as wide as five detolfs, but twice the depth from front to back. It uses the rear panels from five detolfs, and five of the metal frames, altered to be wider. I had the side glass and front doors custom made too. It's also up on 12" riser legs, which you can buy from Homebase.

That's just my pose he's shorter than batman ( as he should be ) but he's stepping forward so he looks shorter than batman who's standing straight up.
Looks awesome beside armored batman.
I was never going to get him but after gettin all the batmen, I thought I ought to give him a shot.
Really glad I did, he's a great figure with great presence on the shelf

Slightly even shorter.

Thanks, after checking out reviews I had to get it. At first I had the 2 pack exclusive but cancelled it. Damn now I regret it. Thought all I would want is Batman. I own the MOS Superman thought it would be justified not to get DOJ Superman. Glad I at least scored one still at retail last night but had to pay $25 shipping. So $235 shipped is not a bad deal. Looks like I snagged the last one. I called and confirmed that they do have 1 to send to me. This will be displayed as the Trinity set up.

If anyone is interested I am selling my Superman for 215.00 US shipping included not including paypal fees. I am also selling my Batman tech cowl version for 260.00 US shipping included not including paypal fees. hit me up

Superman2.jpg
Batman.jpg

Anyone know how to display Superman on the flight stand without damaging the details on the suit or the suit itself? I had mine on the flight stand for a couple days and I saw that the clamp had left imprints in the molded details on the suit, and I'd rather not have that

Anyone know how to display Superman on the flight stand without damaging the details on the suit or the suit itself? I had mine on the flight stand for a couple days and I saw that the clamp had left imprints in the molded details on the suit, and I'd rather not have that

Perhaps if if you could have him levitating using the power of your mind?
Ive been trying that but haven't had any success so far.
Seriously, though, any stand will have to contact the suit and will leave indents.

There is no way. You'll have to live with the damage or take it off the flight stand.

Hey guys, new to hot toys and I think I want BVS to be the first line I get involved with. Anything particular I should know about hot toys in general? I have knightmare batman on pre order and I'm on the wait list for superman and batman? How often are waitlist fulfilled? Is there a big difference between the normal armored batman and black version and are there any good comparison pics? Thanks in advance

Don't think it can be done as long as he wears this style of suit. Exactly the same as the man of steel and makes it more annoying they only include a stand you can't display him with safely. I've had the Christopher Reeve Superman up on the flying stand for months and no damage at all but the material on that suit is totally different. The Cavil figures I just free stand on the base they come with.

It would have been nice if Superman came with the clamp and a crotch stand. I switched out the stands for Superman and Armored Batman. The clamp is a lot less noticeable on that Batman, and I don't worry about his ankles giving out.

Back