1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why Hot Toys never did the black suit Clark wore in Man of Steel in the dream sequence with Zod?

I'm kinda glad they didn't as that was just a black version of his regular suit to show him going evil and not the real black suit which has an entirely different purpose if that makes sense.

2016-10-16 181154.jpg

2016-10-16 181234.jpg

2016-10-16 181331.jpg

Beautiful pics! :clap did you do something to his hair? looks wet and more movie accurate.

I don't think MOS figure was fail, its a gorgeous figure. I love it a lot. That happened because it was fresh on market and there was smaller fandom. The only thing is too puffy cape on the shoulders. which looks perfect after mod.

A small contribution to the modding community. Magnetized stand.

3a01b13c-5952-4318-8143-385f438a18e6_zpswk8kt8ng.jpg

Next post to follow is my simple how -to.

Open up the back, there's a small thread that ties up the zipper; just snip it.
There's a perfect recess at his back, I glue the magnet there.
I am using one 3/4 by 1/16 inch neodymium magnet I got from ebay.

Picture20037_zpsgwvxdznc.jpg

Zip it back up and you can't even tell there's a magnet.

Picture20038_zpsj3qh5nk8.jpg

on the stand I just attach 2 of the magnets, the lip of the stand (from the clamp) prevents it from being pulled down by the weight of the figure.

Picture20036_zpsy0aigmxq.jpg

The cool thing is because the zipper runs exactly through the middle of the magnet; the magnets do not make a perfect contact with each other that may later cause to rub, fray and damage the cloth in between.

Hope you guys find this useful.

Open up the back, there's a small thread that ties up the zipper; just snip it.
There's a perfect recess at his back, I glue the magnet there.
I am using one 3/4 by 1/16 inch neodymium magnet I got from ebay.

View attachment 299484

Zip it back up and you can't even tell there's a magnet.

View attachment 299485

on the stand I just attach 2 of the magnets, the lip of the stand (from the clamp) prevents it from being pulled down by the weight of the figure.

View attachment 299486

The cool thing is because the zipper runs exactly through the middle of the magnet; the magnets do not make a perfect contact with each other that may later cause to rub, fray and damage the cloth in between.

Hope you guys find this useful.

looks useful and simple. thanks

Sorry I'm late to the game but who has the best heat vision sculpt? Tons on eBay. I want the best and prefer a boardie to get my monies. Thank you in advance!

I'd definitely pick up a variant Supes figure. They go overboard with all the Batman variants, it would be nice to have a heat vision variant or black suit variant. They should have done a battle damaged Supes from BvS.

I'd definitely pick up a variant Supes figure. They go overboard with all the Batman variants, it would be nice to have a heat vision variant or black suit variant. They should have done a battle damaged Supes from BvS.

When was he ever really BD though? The only times I could think of was when he had the cut on his cheek from the Kryptonite spear (which immediately healed) and when he took the nuke hit and immediately regenerated. However, in both instances the suit was always intact. The only time the suit got damaged was from Doomsday when he got impaled. I don't imagine they'd make an entirely separate figure just to simply put a small laceration on its cheek.

When was he ever really BD though? The only times I could think of was when he had the cut on his cheek from the Kryptonite spear (which immediately healed) and when he took the nuke hit and immediately regenerated. However, in both instances the suit was always intact. The only time the suit got damaged was from Doomsday when he got impaled. I don't imagine they'd make an entirely separate figure just to simply put a small laceration on its cheek.
It is Hot Toys :lol

but agreed, I can't see them doing a Superman Variant, he always looks the same :dunno

It is Hot Toys :lol

but agreed, I can't see them doing a Superman Variant, he always looks the same :dunno

True. :lol

I was thinking that also (that it's HT), but I don't think they'd even go THAT far in grasping straws for a Batman variant, where all they do to it is put a small cut on the cheek of the sculpt. If that even seems a stretch for a Batman variant, they certainly wouldn't do it for Superman. :lol

I'm not complaining but sad for the fans more of Superman that they made more Batman variants and only one Superman and BvS is Supreman part 2. I finally unboxed my Superman, glad I picked him up.

A BD Superman would really just be wet and dirty, with messed up hair.

:exactly:

Even then, I don't even think he'd be dirty. His suit never really had a "dirty" look to it from what I saw.

I'm not complaining but sad for the fans more of Superman that they made more Batman variants and only one Superman and BvS is Supreman part 2. I finally unboxed my Superman, glad I picked him up.

I'm a staunch Superman fan, but I can see why there are more Batman BvS variants, because that he did have three completely different looks. There's really not much you can do with variants for Superman because he wore (and generally wears) the same suit and as mentioned, it never really looked BD until the end when Doomsday impaled him. If anything, they could have just included a second sculpt with heat vision or as JBot mentioned, one with messed up hair and maybe the laceration on his cheek.

:exactly:

Even then, I don't even think he'd be dirty. His suit never really had a "dirty" look to it from what I saw.

I'm a staunch Superman fan, but I can see why there are more Batman BvS variants, because that he did have three completely different looks. There's really not much you can do with variants for Superman because he wore (and generally wears) the same suit and as mentioned, it never really looked BD until the end when Doomsday impaled him. If anything, they could have just included a second sculpt with heat vision or as JBot mentioned, One with messed up hair and maybe the laceration on his cheek.

Yeah I know what you mean. But I for one would get a Clark Kent. Both from MOS with beard and BvS.

Back