1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay just got mine from sideshow and the right ankle literally snapped while moving it? Should I bother calling sideshow?
Mine did top bt it snapped right back in. Not broke. At least mine didn't

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Okay I tried that it snapped in but not convinced if I should articulate his ankle again because it crackles every time I move mine around it snaps off. Maybe call them Monday and see if I can get a replacement. I know they're sold out on the exclusive version which I got

That is friggin amazing!! Lol henry rocks so much.

Cavill is awesome. He seems to genuinely enjoy it. He's looking buff AF too, training hard.

I agree. I thought that was really cool to see those pictures of him mingling with his fellow universe members as if he were nothing more than a fan boy himself, as well as mingling with other people in general and checking out the various exhibits at CC. He seems like he never ignores or skips over fans who ask for a picture or an autograph. Seems like an all around great guy and class act with a good sense of humor.

And yeah, he looks pretty beastly in those pictures. His arms look way jacked. There was another picture of him meeting Leto that I saw and you could tell he was just so much more beastly than Leto. :lol

Okay just got mine from sideshow and the right ankle literally snapped while moving it? Should I bother calling sideshow?

In a couple of reviews I've seen, I recall the reviewer stating that one of the ankles on theirs popped out of place also out of the box, but they just simply popped it back in.

Mine has a left ankle that pops out when articulating. The right ankle works just fine and does ratchet. It takes some doing but I can pop it back in.

Sorry if this was posted before
Justice League first official poster
Superman looks exactly same with WW. Batman has some extra details. so what does this mean ? there will be or not new Supes next year?

There are some detail changes on the superman suit. I'd go so far as to say it's almost all different. The corset lines are different and so are the abs details. There are parts that look the same but will be revealed to be different in higher res images.

I'm torn on which Superman to buy. While the suit and cape on BVS version are improved over the original, I have to say I prefer the body on the MOS version. The longer torso and slender legs give it a more elegant feel and I think it'll contrast nicely with the upcoming bulky Bats.

To those who own both (or have owned the MOS version), what are your thoughts?

SupermanR43_zps5e11c730.jpg~original

As far as height goes, people have reported that if you swap out the standard pegs on the BvS version for the longer pegs on the MoS version, it'll put the BvS figure at the same height as the MoS figure. Same if you swap out the longer pegs on the MoS figure for the shorter pegs that the BvS figure has, which by the way, is apparently easier to do I believe from what I've heard since the BvS boots I believe are lightly glued down to the legs from what I've read on here.

As far as the suit goes, I like the general design of the MoS suit slightly more than the BvS design, but I think the BvS figure's suit is better made and more accurate than the MoS suit, even with the common mods done to the MoS figure. Cape sits a lot better at the shoulders of the BvS figure than I feel the MoS one does even with mods and the texture of the suit just feels a lot better. The stock cape of the BvS figure is also hands down better than the stock cape of the MoS figure. The BvS body is also painted silver, which as a result gives the suit a very nice silver shine that you can see through the blue of the suit when in light.

In terms of the body, the only quibble I have with the BvS figure is the large thighs. Although in hand, they don't seem as outstandingly large as what they look in a lot of images. The legs on the MoS figure I think are slightly a bit better in scale with the rest of the body than what the legs on the BvS figure are. However, I think both bodies quite accurately capture Cavill's physique in each film. In MoS, he was a bit leaner while in BvS, he had a bit more girth and definition.

Sculpt wise, I personally think the BvS one bears a slightly better likeness and the detail is a bit sharper than the MoS sculpt, but some people feel the opposite is true. Either way, the sculpts are interchangeable so you could put whichever one you prefer on the figure you prefer. I think the MoS sculpt looks a bit better on the BvS figure than the BvS sculpt looks on the MoS figure though from what I've seen.

Even though I like the look of the MoS suit better, I think between the two figures from a figure standpoint, I'd keep the BvS one. It just looks and feels a lot sharper than the MoS one and the improvements are quite discernible. Which is saying a lot because I've always felt the MoS line has been one of HT's better lines. MoS Supes I felt ironically was the weakest figure in the MoS line simply because of the cape and the raised collar, but MoS Supes is still one of HT's better figures I feel.

Thank you kindly for the detailed response! My main issue with the BVS version is also the gargantuan thighs. I do hope they are indeed smaller in person as every other aspect of the BVS figure is superior and I'd rather not have to do any mods.

How does the fabric of the MOS suit compare with the BVS in terms of flexibility and bunching/sagging? I wouldn't do anything crazier than this, pose-wise:

SupermanR33_zps3f047098.jpg~original

Last edited:
No worries. :duff

The thighs for me on the BvS figure don't seem as large in hand as what photos make them out to be. They are indeed noticeably larger than the MoS figure, but as mentioned, it doesn't seem to look so out of place at all in person when you look at the figure displayed. At least for me.

I'm not a dynamic poser so I haven't really played around with each figure to compare how each suit responds to bending at joints, but I would imagine they are pretty much on par. Both seem to been kind of restrictive, but I'm certain the BvS figure won't have any issues at all acheiving the pose that you have pictured. The only thing that bunches up a bit on the BvS figure suit wise is the boots at the ankle joint, to seemingly varying degrees on each particular figure. Mine's luckily not as bad as I've seen on others. The boots at the ankle joints on the MoS figure are relatively smooth, while the fabric on the boots of the BvS figure sort of get wedged inside of the joint a bit at the ankles.

I see. Thanks again for the insight. Much appreciated. :) At this point, I'm think I'm leaning toward BVS; from what I've learned, that figure is stronger out of the box and I'm hardly a customizer. Plus I am rather curious to see that silver effect in person.

I see. Thanks again for the insight. Much appreciated. :) At this point, I'm think I'm leaning toward BVS; from what I've learned, that figure is stronger out of the box and I'm hardly a customizer. Plus I am rather curious to see that silver effect in person.

Stronger figure out of the box without any modding is BvS. Even then, I think it's out of the box still the slightly stronger figure even with the common mods that are done to the MoS figure.

I'm torn on which Superman to buy. While the suit and cape on BVS version are improved over the original, I have to say I prefer the body on the MOS version. The longer torso and slender legs give it a more elegant feel and I think it'll contrast nicely with the upcoming bulky Bats.

To those who own both (or have owned the MOS version), what are your thoughts?

SupermanR43_zps5e11c730.jpg~original

I'd say get both. Each have their strong points and weak points. From my perspective the suit and symbol on the DOJ version is much better, while the MOS version I feel has a better body by not being overly muscular.

I've had both and prefer the DOJ version. Just a much nicer figure stock out of the box. No mods needed.

MOS version is good but needs mods and a cape to look it's best. Seems like it's cheaper now so most likely you could get it low enough to cover the cost of a custom cape and be at the same price point as the DOJ but it's a lot of work getting it there. And no guarantees it will look good.

If I had to choose I'd say DOJ all the way.

I had the MOS figure, which I recently parted with, modded with a stellar MOS Tony Mei cape and it looked awesome. However, I ended up switching up to this new figure for a variety of design reasons. I like the understated blue trim compared to MOS's black trim. The more transparent suit with flashes of the silver body underneath, etc. Tony's new DOJ cape is still superior IMHO. But the cost of the upgrade is a little steep for what turns out to be an only minor visual difference. Though I have to admit I like the expression of the headsculpt on MOS a bit better. The DOJ has crazy weird eyebrows going on.

IMG_1414.jpg

BvS version is a far superior figure. MoS is still great though, and I do prefer it in some ways. More poseable too. Just get both :lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I liked the trailer. Diana looks tanner and more comfortable - starting to think her rigidness in bvs was on purpose as apprehension.

Bruce looks thinner.

I like the vibe.

I just love Margot Robbie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MOS figure needs one obvious mod; the cape.
Once this is done the figure has a more natural appearance that the BVS one, the whole thing flows better.
While the BVS figure has a finer costume and a more muscular body the head sculpt is off (with a big nose) and only looks good when viewed from certain angles.
Same for the head on the neck, it looks unnatural when viewed form most angles, the neck is too thin for this body and the way they cut off the head below the ears looks wonky.
Finally the thighs do not go well with the pelvis or lower legs, they also look unnatural.

While preference for a figure over another is a matter of taste the proportions and the way the parts flow together can be objectively assessed and MOS is better on that front.
BVS wins when it comes to details and production quality.
Maybe the Justice League Superman will combine the best features from both figures but who wants to wait almost two years for a figure?

Back