1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn I really like this suit more than the MOS version. I hope they don't revert back to old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That concept art is old. The Flash and Cyborg look nothing like that in the film so it's a good chance neither will Superman.

I got this guy yesterday.
I agree with most here, the suit is a clear improvement over the MOS one, fit, texture, details etc....
I also like the added muscles with the exception of the thunder-thighs, thankfully when the figure faces you they look OK.
The real problem for me is still the head sculpt, the proportions are way off.
The nose IS too big, the forehead too high which is made worse by the "tall" hairdo, the head ends up looking elongated when it should be square and the eyes fail to capture Cavill.
The MOS head sculpt, while softer, remains a much better likeness.
Overall I like this figure but I think Batman will be a lot better.

Supes arrived yesterday and my custom Kryptonite Spear print arrived today... can't wait to get it painted up and cast the green resin spear tip!

323f15af644cb7f6dfeaa54ae73ab48c.jpg

3a7bd427cefaf34372d1d7c75cce336a.jpg

c4fbff504ca655ae8c222a0aff885a89.jpg

ade02834f757b5c2df0878924ec39154.jpg

this figure is so much better than MOS it isn't funny. glad i got one.

makes me wonder tho....perhaps to wait for round 2 for Batman. surely it will be an improvement whatever happens.

God, this figure's fantastic. I'm really hoping my wait list for the SE set converts. At the very least, I'm glad I got it in before all the people whose opinions change once they see the UE.:lol

God, this figure's fantastic. I'm really hoping my wait list for the SE set converts. At the very least, I'm glad I got it in before all the people whose opinions change once they see the UE.:lol

UE is awesome. Definitely makes the movie easier to follow and I recommend people check it out. It doesn't necessarily make the movie more accessible though. Deconstruction of Batman and Superman is awesomely done. Love how this cut shows Clark trying to make a difference as a man/ reporter. Lois Lane's role is even more expanded and plays out like a political thriller.

More amazing pics I definitely want to order but I know I should wait a bit. I keep coming back and it makes it harder to keep away from hitting the button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Congrats on the figure, DD, and the spear looks great.

Without intending to start a long, drawn out discussion and debate, I just finished watching the extended version of BvS. From what I glean, what it essentially does is fill in a lot of gaps for what may have been plot holes for many people in the truncated, theatrical version. It shows a lot more insight and investigation into the bullet in the desert scandal and it builds up the animosity towards Batman from Superman/Clark Kent's perspective a lot more. The African woman who was testifying at the Capitol in the building at the beginning apparently plays a bigger role than what she did in the theatrical version and it has a lot more screen time for Clark Kent. It also in my opinion makes you feel a bit more bad, guilty and sad for Superman, as it illustrates a bit more how he is actually the good guy in all of this while being framed, set up and made out to look like he's the "bad guy", when he's really not.

And as I always do with any film I watch, I always immediately go and admire the figure(s) I have from the particular film I just watched for a moment or two. :lol

I really like how Martha Kent is in it more. Love the role she plays as his compass. "Oh, my baby boy. Nothing is ever simple". Love how the movie goes freudian with Supes and Bats.

Love how we see Clark going to Gotham and investigating Batman, trying to make a difference as a reporter, but feeling he has to step in as Superman.

I've spoken quite a bit about my thoughts on the film. Though it would be tiring to see DC films like this all the time. I'm really happy with the movie (especially the extended cut) that we got. I can see the events in this film being necessary for what is to come. After all, it is in the title "Dawn of Justice".

I hope it means that Warner/ DC is also more willing to have more variety and texture to their universe compared to Marvel's which I find to be very two dimensional despite all the characters they've introduced thus far.

Yeah, the inclusion of Martha Kent a bit more was pretty cool. Even though I enjoyed the theatrical film, I have to say I enjoyed this one a bit more. I had no issues following the truncated version, but a lot of the added scenes in the ultimate edition did make things even clearer.

Just got mine finally from the UPS store. All looks good but his head is tilted to the side just a bit and it's very stiff. Anyone have this issue?

Got my supes on Wednesday but I've been at work since Tuesday and couldn't open him till today.
Great figure. Ankles are a bit precarious but otherwise solid figure. Much improved over the MOS version. Here are some crappy iPhone pics I took.
cebbd00301fde249a986abb28672916e.jpg

ae416d5e743fd75aced34e4567879321.jpg

c82e437506c2514a53824a74453f3ab3.jpg

f85418ae2544a673b82c98196926a026.jpg

c196551a07a376f4611ebc306707124c.jpg

aa3d01f9517475fb99e314e365df9ec6.jpg

66307db473032e290eff00b0b68ea753.jpg

ea339ea9f258ae77af1d2ec3906a70e8.jpg

Back