1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SilverStar17

Superman is from BvS artwork as I know. as we already know he will look totally different in a new movie. But actually I like this look best. I'm not sure about Black Costume,how it will look on screen. black with silver? don't know.

image2.jpgimage1.jpg

Got to open him yesterday, very nice. love the way the costume looks and feels, the cape is awesome. The only thing was the figure feels a little loose, not sure if that was normal, meaning the joints were not very stiff. Still works fine though. cant wait until we get batman to complete the set.

great figure! im so tempted to get him. happy with my modded mos but this will look so pretty too :) i actually kinda might like the bootleg better?? not sure just from pics. but the likeness is just a tad nicer to my eyes on the bootleg. maybe from the pointed out differences. either way, ill be thinking about this one

great figure! im so tempted to get him. happy with my modded mos but this will look so pretty too :) i actually kinda might like the bootleg better?? not sure just from pics. but the likeness is just a tad nicer to my eyes on the bootleg. maybe from the pointed out differences. either way, ill be thinking about this one

There is no think, only do.

/Master Yoda

View attachment 273660View attachment 273659

Got to open him yesterday, very nice. love the way the costume looks and feels, the cape is awesome. The only thing was the figure feels a little loose, not sure if that was normal, meaning the joints were not very stiff. Still works fine though. cant wait until we get batman to complete the set.

Yeah, my joints weren't that stiff either.

i love that body! lol that pose would look awesome. is the knock off sculpt more square than the actual hot toys head?

Thanks. The body is a medicom one. I have plans to try and get a costume for it. It might look cool.
The bootleg is about the same. Fractionally different in some dimensions. I bought six of them and they each look fractionally different.

That looks awesome man. That's sorta what I wanna do...but my modding skills are severely limited. Did you Dremel out the head?

Thanks. I removed the peg holder and dremelled the area behind the eyeballs to about 1/2 or 1/3 of one millimetre. Then i put the LEDs in there. It was just a lighting test as everyone wants the entire system inside the head and i can't do that. The way i do it is to have the battery pack hanging behind. You'd never take a pic of the lit eyes from behind anyway, so it's not an issue. And if you want to take a pic from behind, you just remove the lit head and put on the normal one.

Wow @username, that custom heat vision head looks really cool...great work

Thanks. It's not that hard to do if you know what you're doing. It took me about an hour of careful work.
Plus i also painted the hair black.

Yeah, there's doesn't seem to be much articulation in the legs especially. The joints on mine were a little stiff at first, so I had to apply a bit of force to sort of dislodge the joint and get the leg to move outward. But even then, it doesn't have crazy articulation in the legs.

Speaking of JL, did you guys see the first revealed concept art photo of the characters' suits in JL? Superman essentially looks like they went back to the MoS suit, just with the rectangular belt buckle like in BvS. Same design with the lines as well on the does as in BvS, except the way it comes down across the front and makes contact with the belt buckle, like it does in MoS.

justice-league-concept-art-1870x1049.jpg

Damn I really like this suit more than the MOS version. I hope they don't revert back to old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pictures, everyone! Always enjoy seeing pictures of this figure. And I agree about the sculpt; as good as I think the MoS sculpt is, I think this sculpt bears a better likeness.

And very cool heat vision sculpt, Username. :clap

I got this a couple of days ago. Very impressive figure overall. The costume is a huge step up from the Man of Steel version. The likeness might not be quite as good, something about it seems a tad off this time around. I hate the flexible stand, you're only option is to have him flying.

Back