1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t forget Bana was the first screen Banner. Of course, the icon Bill Bixby

True..to go from Bail bats to completely different Batfleck was a huge accomplishment

Bana, along with Bixby is more in comparison with Bale as Batman though, where they play the same character but its more like from a different universe.
Although Bale is Batman/Bruce Wayne, he is not the same Batman/Bruce Wayne that you see in JL or BvS.

Ruffalo though is literally from the same universe Norton played as Banner. You even have the same actor, William Hurt as General Ross in Civil War who was in the same Hulk movie Edward Norton is in.
So since Ruffalo is doing a good job as the Hulk, we already forgot that he is playing a Dr Banner in the current Marvel Universe that was originally done by Norton.

Is he out of the DCEU? I thought it was just for Matt Reeves' The Batman movie.

Considering you're not gonna get another JL movie anytime soon since it bombed badly. Its safe to say he is out.

Its hard to fathom that Suicide squad actually beat JL movie in the box office. :slap

It’s a shame the DCEU is essentially on life support. Sans SS, I thought all of their films on an individual basis were really good, with only JL being above average I think. Collectively, I thought MoS, BvS (UE) and WW were better than 90% of all MCU films.

I just wish WB didn’t have their collective heads up their asses as far as the direction they want to take this universe, because the MCU is undoubtedly smoking them in that department.

Honesty, its pretty easy. You dont, you just do.
If the actor is great in the role, Most people can easily just adapt to the new actor playing Batman.

The Dr Banner in the current Marvel Movie Universe was originall played by Edward Norton.
Ruffalo is doing a good job so people are able to overlook it.

Its the same way with Batman, you dont have to explain this guy doesnt look like Affleck, just let the new actor do his thing.

I'd be okay with that but that would sticking with the older Batman. If he's suddenly a lot younger it throws off the whole continuity so far unless they do a soft reboot via Flashpoint.

Also I hope the rumours of a more detective, noir driven story turn out to be true. I still feel we haven't had that kind of Batman story on the big screen yet.

Its not on life support. There are two movies ready for release and one currently being shot. And many more being developed and info we don’t know about yet.

I’m expecting some Superman info to be released here soon or maybe around or after Shazam.

Its not on life support. There are two movies ready for release and one currently being shot. And many more being developed and info we don’t know about yet.

I’m expecting some Superman info to be released here soon or maybe around or after Shazam.

WW is the saving grace

It’s a shame the DCEU is essentially on life support. Sans SS, I thought all of their films on an individual basis were really good, with only JL being above average I think. Collectively, I thought MoS, BvS (UE) and WW were better than 90% of all MCU films.

I just wish WB didn’t have their collective heads up their asses as far as the direction they want to take this universe, because the MCU is undoubtedly smoking them in that department.

I agree with you. Although I'm a big fan of both DC and Marvel, I actually do favor DC a little bit more.
I'm a big fan of Snyder, so I absolutely love MOS and BvS.
Wonder woman was also a saving grace.

So I'm kinda heartbroken at what happened to JL.
Its not holding up well on multiple viewings. I can go home tonight and pop in BvS and MoS and enjoy the heck of those movies.
But JL gets more underwhelming the more I watch it.

I agree with you. Although I'm a big fan of both DC and Marvel, I actually do favor DC a little bit more.

Its not holding up well on multiple viewings. I can go home tonight and pop in BvS and MoS and enjoy the heck of those movies.

I still enjoy JL for what it’s worth. But its not my favorite.

My sentiments as well, especially regarding JL.

I really liked it after my first viewing, but with each subsequent viewing, I realized it’s maybe a 7/10, whereas I thought MoS, BvS, and WW were all at least an 8.5. JL wasn’t bad, I personally think it was slightly better than the first two Avengers films as it is, but it could have been much more.

My DCEU display will end up being representations of MoS (all 3 figures from that line), BvS (all figures sans BC ABM and BD ABM) and WW (TA WW and JL WW [with God killer sword and shield]). Which is fine with me, since those are the three films I enjoy immensely.

Yeah, I liked JL on the first viewing, and while it's fine, it's not that great. MoS and BvS are probably two of my favorite superhero movies, and I think JL SHOULD have been the third part of an absolutely killer Superman trilogy. Alas. What's crazy is that overall, I don't really care for Zach Snyder as a director, but I was super impressed with what he did on MoS. And BvS.

Unpopular opinion: i didn't think SS was terrible, just slightly worse than most MCU movies- not great, not garbage, not going to be remembered. But the HT figures... Holy crap. HT seems to give 110% for DC, and I appreciate that.

Did you just message Unreal Customs on Facebook or does he have some other page?

Yes, I agree FB is the best way to contact him. Sometimes he takes a little while to respond depending on how busy he is. And yeah timezone is definitely to be considered. Well worth it though !

Interesting opinions on MoS and BvS because both of those films were pretty poorly received, especially BvS. They tried to lighten up JL a bit and people didn't like that either.

I enjoyed all 3 and was happy with Superman's portrayal in JL.

Not too fussed on Affleck staying on or not. They should have gone with a lesser name to begin with really. How long did they think he would stick around for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting opinions on MoS and BvS because both of those films were pretty poorly received, especially BvS. They tried to lighten up JL a bit and people didn't like that either.

I enjoyed all 3 and was happy with Superman's portrayal in JL.

Not too fussed on Affleck staying on or not. They should have gone with a lesser name to begin with really. How long did they think he would stick around for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed- he is too big a force(Academy Award and all) to stay satisfied for long. I think he may do a couple more though but we'll see.

Back