1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogueRunner I know you want perfection but chill with the cotton balls.. it's too much ..his Chest is getting too wide and his shoulders and biceps are shrinking :horror

From one customizer to another..you're doing too much

It's Batfleck not ..

Sooo...a week ago I received my first batman from Forbidden planet.com, and I sent it back for a replacement, due to the cowl having a weird blemish at the front centre, which I attempted to rub off but it didn't help, as this weird blemish left a big shiny spot on the cowl which was irreparable.

Today I received my replacement and it has the same problem only worse this time.

Here are some pictures straight out of the box. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/c5c720263424661b206f15d8dfa400df.jpg[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/d7f35c0c336938e57ee14330bd8d1aff.jpg

I believe this issue is happening to the cowl either reacting with this white foam pad, or friction when the figure is in the box due to this white foam pad:

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/864b88e33c76dc74599caf647649d853.png

I believe the white pad (which is actually meant for protection) is damaging the rubbery textured effect of the cowl, which is the excess black material you can see has pooled up in the images, which then leaves a shiny, smooth spot on the cowl. Making it look Horrible.

This issue was discussed last week on here, so I know I'm not the only person having issues with this. So I thought this post may help people to understand the issue.

I am going to try and gently rub off the damage tonight with a cotton bud (q-tip) I will post the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, man. That's a bummer.

Although, this is evidence and precisely what I've always meant when I've stated before in the past that when your figure has only a very minor blemish, you really have to weigh the pros and cons of returning it and that if you do, you're taking a gamble. For a figure that you have been waiting for what feels like ages, it's understandable that we want it to be utterly perfect and bereft of any blemishes, even the slightest ones; but if you send it back, you're taking a gamble. There's no guarantee that your replacement won't suffer from the same thing, be even worse (as in this case), or have an entirely different issue (that ends up being worse) than what your initial one didn't have because they're not going to open every shipper box to check each figure and ensure that they send you one that is utterly flawless.

Torn clothing, discernible unsightly scratches, overly loose or broken joints that prevent the figure from staying posed, badly errant or smeared paint, etc., I can understand. If your figure however has a slight spot and it's something you can otherwise live with, and there are no other problems with your figure, I personally would keep it.

To me, I've pretty much accepted that since these are hand made, it's near impossible that you're going to receive a 100% perfect figure that doesn't have even the tiniest of blemishes. I've fortunately never had the misfortune of receiving a figure that I considered required needing to be returned, but it's also been rare that I've received a figure where I personally didn't find something on it that I wish wasn't there.

RogueRunner I know you want perfection but chill with the cotton balls.. it's too much ..his Chest is getting too wide and his shoulders and biceps are shrinking :horror

From one customizer to another..you're doing too much

It's Batfleck not ..

I only have one (smaller) cottonball behind the logo to fix the cowl/symbol overlap issue. In hand it looks great. Pictures from certain angles might make it look that way

Thanks. Not bad but, does that have the inner workings inside the cowl for the eyes, mouths etc?

Sorry to see that your replacement isn't any better, Platty. And yeah, I don't think that Copycat's cowl is meant to be used and worn by a figure. It's most probably a hollow recast of the HT original for use as blank cowl in an armory or whatnot.

I only have one (smaller) cottonball behind the logo to fix the cowl/symbol overlap issue. In hand it looks great. Pictures from certain angles might make it look that way

I don't see any problems with your cottonball mod, RogueRunner. I think the proportion is still okay. Best of all, it's a reversible mod :)

I too used foam. I did so to even out his lats and it worked just fine. I wouldn't go crazy though but whatever satisfies you most is what's important. I'm just a bit paranoid about the suit is all so I keep it to a minimum.

Solution:
1_zpsbgckprju.jpg

wait, what! how can I get this? I need a cowl for a custom im working on

I got my replacement from bbts and I'm glad to report it looks great now. I keep going back and futzing around trying to find the perfect pose. Thanks goes out to bbts customer service for fixing the problem.

Mine arrived from fp.com today. No issues with marking on the cowl so I'm relieved there. Beautiful figure haven't had a proper chance to pose it but look badass in hand.

Wondering if anyone can help, I have a small speck of silver paint on one knee, isn't really visible but was wondering if there was a solution to getting it off without damaging the suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived from fp.com today. No issues with marking on the cowl so I'm relieved there. Beautiful figure haven't had a proper chance to pose it but look badass in hand.

Wondering if anyone can help, I have a small speck of silver paint on one knee, isn't really visible but was wondering if there was a solution to getting it off without damaging the suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try removing it with a small brush as it might be just a loose speck of paint..

Back