1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason not worried about missing out we have long way's to go to Justice League and a 2nd batman movie or whatever spin offs still to come. Hot toys loves bats n jokers and as you say slowly evolution of best release from movie design to hot toy's final release. How many Avengers , wolverines do you want in the collection ? I think owning them all kinda cheapens the display imo. Its all in choice of what we want.

We get it. You don't like this figure as much as those who have it do. Yes there would be more versions, as you say the reason you're not worried about missing out. Yes there will be more versions. Yes they might be better versions. Heck they might even have non-movie accurate extra capes just to please everyone. But to most people on here this is the best Batman movie figure SO FAR, so let's just let them enjoy it while it lasts. Saying too much about something we don't worry much about is unconvincing.

The reason not worried about missing out we have long way's to go to Justice League and a 2nd batman movie or whatever spin offs still to come. Hot toys loves bats n jokers and as you say slowly evolution of best release from movie design to hot toy's final release. How many Avengers , wolverines do you want in the collection ? I think owning them all kinda cheapens the display imo. Its all in choice of what we want.

True it's exactly " Choice of What we want " I skipped the entire run of Bale Batman versions and I'm okay with it :lecture

And as long as the prices keep fluctuating every line, it will indeed be a method of choice for me :lecture

I'm not even a huge Affleck fan, never have been, however I'm ecstatic over the Jim Lee costume concept in the comics and this suit seems to be the closet thing to a 12" Lee non custom figure that is put in the market. So even though the movie wasn't my favorite, I'm really impressed from this version of a figure :lecture

True it's exactly " Choice of What we want " I skipped the entire run of Bale Batman versions and I'm okay with it :lecture

And as long as the prices keep fluctuating every line, it will indeed be a method of choice for me :lecture

I'm not even a huge Affleck fan, never have been, however I'm ecstatic over the Jim Lee costume concept in the comics and this suit seems to be the closet thing to a 12" Lee non custom figure that is put in the market. So even though the movie wasn't my favorite, I'm really impressed from this version of a figure :lecture
This is probably the closest to the comic accurate black and gray Batman we'll ever get, or at least for a long time judging by the change in the suit for JLA.

This is probably the closest to the comic accurate black and gray Batman we'll ever get, or at least for a long time judging by the change in the suit for JLA.

Yeah, that sucks but you know they can always go back to this design in the future

Agreed on the cowl and I happen to like the cape as well. You can get the cape/cowl thing to look a lot better with a couple simple tricks using some Super Glue Gel. On both these figures I've done 3 of the Tony futzes: Pants pushed up to the crotch, glue sleeves to wrists (keeps the suit on the arms tight) and lower the shirt & logo/glue it down (lets you push the head forward & down without covering the logo). Both figures get red arrow step 1: lift up the cape at the shoulders and locate the tip/edge of the cowl. Do a quick spot check & lay the cape the way you want it. Now lift the cape up and put a drop or two of SGG on the tip/edge of the cowl and glue the cape down on the cowl. Repeat on the other side ( duh :D ). Now you get a much better drape with reduced gap as seen on the figure on the left. But if you're really sick in the head and want the uber drape, do the green arrow step 2 as seen on the right: lift up the cape, put a drop of SGG on the inside of the cape near the back of the shoulder, pull it taut and fasten it to the suit. Now you get a much weightier drape effect. Obviously it requires a level of commitment to the pose since you've glued the cape to the suit, you won't be pulling the head off to change the eyes anytime soon. You can still change the mouthpieces.

View attachment 304199

In terms of keeping the cape under control, here's what I did. Take off the cape/cowl and lay it face up on a flat surface and smooth out the pleats nice and flat. Start on one side and locate the first three pleats and get them flat and well defined. Now, starting about an inch below the shoulder wire, lift up that second pleat, put of drop of SGG on the backside and glue it down. Do the same to the third pleat. Now move down about 4 inches or so and repeat twice, leaving about 4 inches or so from the bottom unglued. I find this keeps the cape more under control, you still get an easier and good looking drape, and still have plenty of spread from the middle of the cape. Plus, neither of the above capes were cut, burned or suffered any other injuries otherwise. :D Hope this helps!

Wow thanks for the tips, there is no way I'm glueing the cape to the shoulder option 2.. out of the question. I do like the first option on the glueing method. I'll think about it :wave

We get it. You don't like this figure as much as those who have it do. Yes there would be more versions, as you say the reason you're not worried about missing out. Yes there will be more versions. Yes they might be better versions. Heck they might even have non-movie accurate extra capes just to please everyone. But to most people on here this is the best Batman movie figure SO FAR, so let's just let them enjoy it while it lasts. Saying too much about something we don't worry much about is unconvincing.

I never said didnt like the figure just the cape is all. I think your taking my posts too personal and not bashing just talking what i like to have improved. This forum would be pretty boring if just compliments and praise. I dont see any problem with discussing the options of the figure. The fans and all can still enjoy it stop being over sensitive.:lol

There is no such a thing as a "final Release", like life itself these things are in a constant flux, change is the name of the game.
As long as there is a Batman there will be Batman movies and related figures.
You want to wait forever for the perfect Batman, we'll make sure to put the latest release next to you in your coffin to keep you warm.
Also, English is my third language, I'm not too bad at it but I have a hard time understanding you.
Please take the time to type and work on your syntax.

I never said didnt like the figure just the cape is all. I think your taking my posts too personal and not bashing just talking what i like to have improved. This forum would be pretty boring if just compliments and praise. I dont see any problem with discussing the options of the figure. The fans and all can still enjoy it stop being over sensitive.:lol

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. The problem starts when somebody replies at a personal level. That's why I never go there. Everyone should be netural when somebody makes a commit. I have no problem with your point of view. I don't think anyone should question your view.

Let's move on and yes I think some posters on here are too sensitive when there is no reason to be :slap

There is no such a thing as a "final Release", like life itself these things are in a constant flux, change is the name of the game.
As long as there is a Batman there will be Batman movies and related figures.
You want to wait forever for the perfect Batman, we'll make sure to put the latest release next to you in your coffin to keep you warm.
Also, English is my third language, I'm not too bad at it but I have a hard time understanding you.
Please take the time to type and work on your syntax.

Tourists you are trying to start something over nothing and clear you dont like my opion's. I feel sorry for you getting all upset over simple cape discussion.

Chill guys... We are just glad that HT made figures and have 8000+ replies on this thread to discuss about this hobby/figure... We are all brothers and sisters in this hobby.. Pros and cons are common.. Just don't take personally. We do not own HT company, just individual's personal wish list. What if this, if only that..

:) glad to be chatting with you all here..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'm just over here waiting for a WL conversion. Don't mind me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I just watched ClipperKing's mod video for this figure and will most likely be doing the sleeve mod and lowering the bat logo mod. I may cut the cape too. This really is a great looking figure.

I just cracked mine open, and I totally agree… The cape is entirely too long and makes for a very unnatural look without some major screwing around with it. Trimming off about a half-inch would definitely do the trick.

I am putting my own taste and idea's YES. I just think at price we pay ,I dont think its too big of a request to include a extra cape as well as dynamic stand with each release for all Hi flying hero's. I know no figure will ever be perfect and always get tweaked modded. As for cape being too heavy never underestimate bats strength and tech.

At the price we pay, we (well, most people) pay for the figures to look as screen accurate as possible and the likeness of the sculpt to be as close as it possibly can to the likeness of the actor or actress. Your cape, as nice as what you may feel it is, is not screen accurate, which is why HT doesn't include it. If you don't like the style of cape that was actually worn in the film, then simply purchase a custom cape (as you did) that makes your figure look the way you personally want it to look.

Wow thanks for the tips, there is no way I'm glueing the cape to the shoulder option 2.. out of the question. I do like the first option on the glueing method. I'll think about it :wave

Yeah, the first method will work for 95% of people no problem and look great. And I imagine there are other methods to get the cape to sit tight on shoulders without the glue....some snaps like on the CR Superman come to mind, maybe a couple small magnets, etc. if you want that look.

Back