1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rey figure is awesome, I love both of mine, but they made it terribly out of scale the more and more I see it next to various figures. Although for myself personally, I tend to consolidate my figures by film so I'm not really concerned with how figures from one particular movie are scale wise with other figures from a totally different film. The MoS line, for instance. MoS Supes is gigantic, but he seems to be in scale with the rest of the MoS line. A little taller than Jor-El and roughly the same height as Zod, maybe even slightly shorter (as it should be). That's all the matters to me because that's who I'm going to have posed next to one another on one shelf. Same with BvS Batman and the rest of the BvS line.

However, in Rey's case, she's out of scale even with the rest of the figures from her line.

I've also noticed that for whatever reason, HT does seem to make the DCEU figures in general seemingly a bit taller and beefier than other figures. Not sure if that's exclusive to the DCEU figures, or if they're just generally sort of making their males figures to a be a bit bigger. Kylo for instance is pretty large, as is Civil War Captain America.

Edit: Just saw this posted in the SW section in the Rey thread:

The scale of Rey isn't too far off. Daisy Ridley is 5'7" while the figure is listed as 11.02 inches. Extrapolating that out to full scale comes out to 5'6" so she's only 0.16 inches off scale so basically 5/32.

What makes it off scale is the Kylo Ren figure.

Adam Driver is 6'2" which in 1/6 scale is 12.34 inches. His figure stands at 13 inches. He's essentially 2/3 of inch too tall. To make the scale right, a leg/torso mod on Kylo should do the trick.

From Tony Mei's FB post:

HT BVS BATMAN BODY MOD
- my figure left and right forearms came installed backwards, I had to switch it while the body was out. You can tell by the forearms curving outward, it's very minor, but it looks better switch for me.

*any if you guys experiencing the same situation?

View attachment 303474

How you can tell if the forearms were installed incorrectly with the suit on or by just looking at the figure?

Tony is wrong on this one. The factory is correct. Just take a look at your arm or arm anatomy.

I finally shortened and ironed the cape on mine to make it a bit more manageable, but man would I still love to have a much better custom cape someday. The current one is just way too stiff and doesn't flow or drape naturally at all.

I finally shortened and ironed the cape on mine to make it a bit more manageable, but man would I still love to have a much better custom cape someday. The current one is just way too stiff and doesn't flow or drape naturally at all.

agreed, looking forward to an affordable one.

what happened to inforigno's capes? does he still do them?

Still nothing from BBTS. I almost bought one off of evilbay for $269.00 but when I got off work that night, all four were sold out. Now the prices I am seeing are averaging $350-385. Fingers crossed that BBTS gets the rest of their stock in soon!

What was your method for shortening the cape? And happy with the result?

Hey guys for those of you who missed the EX they are selling the sniper rifle on PO for $33. A FB group called tns figure community. It will probably be on OSK soon for cheap.
c887e5ee2203aaa884ec5cf489532e3a.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any slight difference to the original HT one? or looks exactly the same?

Just with some sewing scissors, the same way Tony did. Although his recommended 1/2" was probably a bit too much in retrospect, and I would have preferred to only take off 1/4 to 3/8. But I'm still happy enough with the result.

Great, thanks. Did you eye it out, or outline exactly where you wanted to cut? I've been debating on shortening mine, and am a capable customizer, but not sure if I want to pull the trigger right away on this. Post a pic if you can! Thanks man

Been off the scene for a while and late to the party on this one. Had my EX and regular sitting here for over a week and haven't even had a chance to pop them open (hopefully tonight). Just caught up on the last 50 pages and this dude is looking insane! Only thing that's bugging me from the pics is the size. Scale is one of my biggest pet peeves with figs and this dude looks HUGE.

I'm hoping that I'm going to be mostly satisfied straight out of the box. I've been hiding from Tony's mod tutorials because I'm scared they'll influence me and I don't have time for revamping whole figures :lol. I'm sure one or two will be necessary though.

What's the crotch mod that people mentioned? And I saw one person had to get a replacement because of rubber deterioration??? Has that been common or are there any other issues to look out for?

The only crotch mod that I'm aware of is simply futzing the pants at the crotch by pushing them up so they don't hang so far down off of his crotch. To me, that's really the only mod needed with this figure.

The only crotch mod that I'm aware of is simply futzing the pants at the crotch by pushing them up so they don't hang so far down off of his crotch. To me, that's really the only mod needed with this figure.

Indeed and I don't even think futzing should be considered a mod since nothing is changed and every figure needs it.
The only other mod I may consider in the future is shortening the cape a little but I'm not even sure I find it necessary.
This figure is pretty much perfect out of the box as far as I'm concerned.

Back