1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself and some others who ordered the two pack got their notices I think last week. It's shipping next Friday. Sometimes they'll miss sending an email, happened to me with Superman but it still shipped on time.

I have emails on both the two packs and the standard release. Perhaps check spams folders guys.

Went with BBTS, so no email. This will go on my POL, as there's a bit of transformers coming out on nov-dec, making shipping even cheaper.

I got nothin! Ordered January. Full pay. Nothin. Knightmare received. Armored en route. No email for regular (ex two pack)
Where is he!?!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i_will_find_him_man_of_steel.gif

Not sure it will happen. I am surprised how well bats and superman sold considering the hare the movie got. I am glad mine converted a while ago. I hope tours does, but not sure it will.

Hot toys already set precedent with star wars and straight up rereleasing sold out figs, wouldn't worry too much, plus theres still a suicide squad and Justice league version, wouldnt worry at all

This guy looks great from the waist up, but the entire bottom half looks completely off to me. It's not just the stubby, ham hock thighs. The film suit had sculpted muscle definition throughout the lower body, and that got completely ignored when HT developed the new musculature.

c9be24ce2f17bc1d0ad870c68da1ad2e.jpg

So, all I see when I look at the figure is two completely different body types that join at the hips, and then the utility belt in the middle just further emphasizes the split. Don't mean to sound too negative, I still have him on preorder, but to me it's just one of those things I can't unsee, ever since the new body got shown. It also doesn't help that they went a bit overboard with the upper body muscle definition in the first place. Gotta have those completely anatomically correct 8-pack abs, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This guy looks great from the waist up, but the entire bottom half looks completely off to me. It's not just the stubby, ham hock thighs. The film suit had sculpted muscle definition throughout the lower body, and that got completely ignored when HT developed the new musculature.

So, all I see when I look at the figure is two completely different body types that join at the hips, and then the utility belt in the middle just further emphasizes the split. Don't mean to sound too negative, I still have him on preorder, but to me it's just one of those things I can't unsee, ever since the new body got shown. It also doesn't help that they went a bit overboard with the upper body muscle definition in the first place. Gotta have those completely anatomically correct 8-pack abs, I guess.

While this is my most anticipated figure of the year, I will agree that it isn't completely screen accurate. But that's due to the design of the suit more than anything. The way I see it, they had the option of rubber suit or fabric...and THANK GOD they DID NOT use a rubber suit. I'm tired of it. Especially if the underlying body doesn't feature ratchet joints (see both Keaton batman and arkham city). That defined muscular, sinewy look with wrinkles and creases all over the suit just can't be done in this scale IMO. So it's just one of those things that I personally can overlook. You do have to admit that they DID do a great job, given the complexity...especially with the ab section.

While this is my most anticipated figure of the year, I will agree that it isn't completely screen accurate. But that's due to the design of the suit more than anything. The way I see it, they had the option of rubber suit or fabric...and THANK GOD they DID NOT use a rubber suit. I'm tired of it. Especially if the underlying body doesn't feature ratchet joints (see both Keaton batman and arkham city). That defined muscular, sinewy look with wrinkles and creases all over the suit just can't be done in this scale IMO. So it's just one of those things that I personally can overlook. You do have to admit that they DID do a great job, given the complexity...especially with the ab section.

This never actually dawned on me till now, but what is the suit made of? Given the definition of the abs and the chest, I actually thought it was rubber.

Thanks in advance!

I had to destroy an Armored Batman body, so I got the oppurtunity to see what materials they are using. It seems the suit is made up of some kind of plastic-weave material that is hard to tear (I tried) over a soft rubber muscle suit.

Dammit, why do you have to bring up this photo and make me doubt my purchase now at the last minute... dangit. I know it's not a exact replica but I had it in my head that it's close enough. That photo just underlines how much the shoulders and legs are off. And you just know that they will fix that for the Justice League release. Unfortunately, the suit for the Justice League movie has does little pads all over it. Why did they do that? Now I'm panicking.

Dammit, why do you have to bring up this photo and make me doubt my purchase now at the last minute... dangit. I know it's not a exact replica but I had it in my head that it's close enough. That photo just underlines how much the shoulders and legs are off. And you just know that they will fix that for the Justice League release. Unfortunately, the suit for the Justice League movie has does little pads all over it. Why did they do that? Now I'm panicking.

the legs look fine, you just have to futz.

What is great about this figure:

-Facial likeness
-Articulation, which in itself is a big thing. No HT Batman before it had this great articulation. It has to do with how they designed the suit, rubber muscle undersuit, and ratcheting body. Also, how they designed the head/neck articulation is pretty ingenious. Now our figures can turn their neck.
-The design of this suit (Snyderverse) is in my opinion the best. I am actually sad they went with the more armor plated look in JL.
-Accessories are pretty good.

What is great about this figure:

-Facial likeness
-Articulation, which in itself is a big thing. No HT Batman before it had this great articulation. It has to do with how they designed the suit, rubber muscle undersuit, and ratcheting body. Also, how they designed the head/neck articulation is pretty ingenious. Now our figures can turn their neck.
-The design of this suit (Snyderverse) is in my opinion the best. I am actually sad they went with the more armor plated look in JL.
-Accessories are pretty good.

I agree with the that!

Checked my bank account around 8 am this morning and saw Sideshow withdrew $16.
Thank you sideshow for the points. I basically bought this figure for $16. :banana

Hope to get tracking soon.

Back