1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are 3 versions. One which is the regular bats. The 2nd is with the tech cowl and no rifle that you get if you order the 2 pack thru most retailers. The 3rd is with the rifle and tech cowl that you get when u order the 2pack and the exclusive bats thru an official HT retailer like sideshow or thru HT secret base. I am not sure if the rifle comes without the tech cowl though...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think this is pretty much it, but I'd guess Batman *could be* packaged FOUR ways:

1. Regular Batman: No Sniper Rifle. No tech cowl. Pre-Order anywhere.

2. Regular Batman, bundled with Regular Superman: No Sniper Rifle. WITH Tech Cowl. Pre-Order anywhere.

3. EX/Special Edition Batman: WITH Sniper Rifle. No tech cowl. Pre-Order at Sideshow in US (or what would count as the SELECTED MARKET/RETAILER in your country)

4. EX/Special Edition Batman bundle with EX/Special Edition Superman: WITH Sniper Rifle. WITH tech cowl. Pre-Order at Sideshow in US (or what would count as the SELECTED MARKET/RETAILER in your country)

Pic from the video above.
0c18bf5f5623938e8b889cbee8417f0c.jpg

@Jedijim: I think the cowl was just lowered by the bloggers in most of their photos. That photo and video you posted however is from Dean Knight and it's the Knightmare Batman sans the coat and with a different cape. But yeah, I think it would be the same with the regular Batman.

@Jedijim: I think the cowl was just lowered by the bloggers in most of their photos. That photo and video you posted however is from Dean Knight and it's the Knightmare Batman sans the coat and with a different cape. But yeah, I think it would be the same with the regular Batman.

Oh snap! Didn't even realize that! LOL! I just hate when people panic over nothing. Especially when these types of thoughts are discussed earlier in this thread or others like the Knightmare Bats thread.

Is base on the weight but usually is between $15 to $20 are so. At least in California. Not mention taxes. That's where uncle sam gets you. :lol

Yeah ordering from SSC definitely sucks when you live in California, with all the extra you pay for taxes and shipping. Think I'll skip the sniper rifle and try ordering from somewhere a bit cheaper instead.

Yeah ordering from SSC definitely sucks when you live in California, with all the extra you pay for taxes and shipping. Think I'll skip the sniper rifle and try ordering from somewhere a bit cheaper instead.

I know right? Price we paid for living in California. lol I only go to ssc for exclusive item. Other then that...I hit up bbts.

I know right? Price we paid for living in California. lol I only go to ssc for exclusive item. Other then that...I hit up bbts.

Yeah I just tried bbts but they were sold out. So I went with timewalkertoys instead, which with their discount came up to $234 total with shipping. Which is the base price for the figure on SSC.

Yeah I just tried bbts but they were sold out. So I went with timewalkertoys instead, which with their discount came up to $234 total with shipping. Which is the base price for the figure on SSC.

Yeah....bbts sold when bat pics started coming out. lol. Congrats! Guys from Timewalkertoys are wonderful. Never had any issue or problem and from my experience..they have great customer service.

Batman tax on top of the already off-putting Hot Toys price kills any sliver of temptation for the impulse buy. Although I think this guy looks weird in many shots so there's that too.

Ah, that I didn't know nor have thought of (I guess since I usually do museum poses straight out of the box?). I could have compared with the figures from Amazing Spidey 1 and 2 as well as MoS Superman since they seem to be the closest to the BvS figures as far as the suits are concerned, but I no longer have them and I can't recall if their suits had low crotches.

Have you ever watched people try and run with saggy pants? Legs wont open very far. The fit is total speculation on my part but I just looked Spiderman and his aren't as bad but still has a lower sitting crotch. Definitely not fitted but not as low as these guys. Also he has a much thinner frame so the contours are less than the huge thighs of these which I would guess makes a difference.
Though Im not expert, I have built a few costumes in my day and anytime you have pants that are fitted they will be at least four panels. Unless its stretchy material. The other problem is even if spandex was used, sewn seams don't usually stretch because thread is not stretchy. It usually realize on the surrounding fabric to give instead.

Last edited:
Snyder had specifically stated that he cast Ben as he wanted a Batman that was physically bigger than Superman as a contrast to the power difference and to convey the difference and in age and experience

Just goes to show that Snyder's instincts are unfailingly wrong.

This Batman figure has got to be as tall or taller than one of the DC Direct 1/6 figures--no one's bothered by that even a little?

Just goes to show that Snyder's instincts are unfailingly wrong.

This Batman figure has got to be as tall or taller than one of the DC Direct 1/6 figures--no one's bothered by that even a little?

I disagree. Visually it's striking. Superman already met the superhero height requirement...does that mean no other human can be taller or more physically imposing than him? I don't understand the beef some have with snyders choice here. It's one thing to disagree with the tone of his films...but cmon, now we're actively complaining about having a taller batman? Never mind the fact that Snyders choice of having a comic book accurate batman that friggin moved like the cartoon and video games...no, none of that matters, all that matters to some is that he's taller than superman...I mean, really? Cmon, does it really bother some people that much?

That's truly nit picking IMO. Either that or they just truly hate Snyder and EVERYTHING he does is wrong.

Just a reminder, not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone, I really don't understand the negativity to the height.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and chill. For those who love the figure (like me), buy it and who cares what anyone else thinks. Don't get upset because someone doesn't like the same thing you do. For those who don't, feel free to voice your concerns and then move on. There is no need to keep hammering on about how much you hate it here though, it's made already, and it's not anyone here who is to blame. When I'm in that spot I try to send a e-mail to the actual company and voice my concerns to people who can make actual changes in the future.

Back