1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valid point :) I liked BvS, but I do think there's a LOT wrong with the film. Sometimes, it seems, the press, critics, loathe something just for the sake of doing that. Sure John Carter and Lone Ranger had problems, but they were not the abominations that the critics made them. There's a lot wrong with BvS. I thought I would hate it, going in. I had read all the reviews, my friends hated it, but then my oldest son (17) said to me, just before we entered: "Why does people who haven't even seen this film hate it so much? I think that is stupid." And then I remembered, people who have never seen John Carter or Lone Ranger or BvS HATES it. Critics I know hate it, without haven seen it. I think a consensus is birthed somewhere just before the release of the film, that this is crap. And it is so easy to hate.
It has made 800 million dollars world wide. The cost is 250+adds. It's fair to say WB will get their money back. It wasn't a HIT. It wasn't Avengers (which I didn't like and which by the way had a LOT of problems as well), but I think it was all right.
BvS isn't the best film ever made - but it's not the monster most people needs it to be. I sincerely hope DC will continue their universe, they have a lot to offer and they are doing something Marvel isn't. And I like that.

I agree but it was a BIG HIT- $900 million worldwide is more realistic- go check how many movies released in the last five years make this kind of money

It just should have done much better at the box office considering the subject and time of the year it was released.

Yeah, suppose you're right. BvS is flawless. A masterpiece.

We're not saying the movie is flawless... however the arguments of people who don't like it are not flawless either. Fans of the film can accept intelligent criticism... problem is that the majority of people who keep banging on about not liking the film seem to not have any proper criticsm to bing up – and they regurgitate the same old comments that have been written by others... bit of an emperor's new clothes situation.

Yeesh, I'm fine with going back to talking about the figures. If I even try to bring up any reasons why I didn't like most of movie people get mad and yell at me for not agreeing with their point of view and just dismiss anything I say. I didn't try to attack anyone or question their compression skills just because they liked this movie, why do that to me?

I think it is fine Sevreed. You do not have to like the movie. It is your opinion and there will be people that will disagree with it even though it is just an opinion. I liked the movie but felt it could have been so much more. I like reading people's opinions on movies even if it differs from mine as it opens up perspectives I might otherwise miss or am blind to. So no worries man. Freedom of speech and freedom of opinion.

Back to the figure... I want it out right now while the BvS mania is still ongoing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

We're not saying the movie is flawless... however the arguments of people who don't like it are not flawless either. Fans of the film can accept intelligent criticism... problem is that the majority of people who keep banging on about not liking the film seem to not have any proper criticsm to bing up – and they regurgitate the same old comments that have been written by others... bit of an emperor's new clothes situation.

There's a difference between 'not liking Supes being grumpy' and pointing out genuine issues such as the poor pacing and awkward editing. Discussing the films problems doesn't quite qualify as 'troll like' behaviour in my book.

I do have a question about the figure that might have been lost. Do you like the current body now even though it's a bit slimmer than the movie or do you want to see it get beefed up a little more? I was thinking I wanted it to bulk up a bit more but now I'm starting to like the slightly trimmer look.

Originally Posted by dominishin View Post
excuses more than reasons honestly.

They're neither excuses or reasons... they are simply facts!
Take the example previously given... a poster who didn't like the film. One comment was they didn't know Lex had sent the messages to Bruce (on newspaper cutting etc.) - when pointed out to him that Lex did admit to it, he replied that Lex had "talked to fast in that scene and he had missed it".
When I watched that scene again - Lex does not talk fast at all at that point... his confession is crystal clear! That's a fact, the guy complaining was using excuses.

Again - it's all about opinions - you may not like the pacing and editing - but I had no problem with it whatsoever. I can see that the directors cut will be edited better, but as for pace... I genuinely do not agree that the pacing was bad in anyway... In fact I loved the pacing of the movie. That is my opinion.

Yeesh, I'm fine with going back to talking about the figures. If I even try to bring up any reasons why I didn't like most of movie people get mad and yell at me for not agreeing with their point of view and just dismiss anything I say. I didn't try to attack anyone or question their compression skills just because they liked this movie, why do that to me?

Nobody had a go at anybody – if you want to be attacked go in the Marvel forum and try to criticise one of their movies... jeez

Again - it's all about opinions - you may not like the pacing and editing - but I had no problem with it whatsoever. I can see that the directors cut will be edited better, but as for pace... I genuinely do not agree that the pacing was bad in anyway... In fact I loved the pacing of the movie. That is my opinion.

Maybe you did. But there were still bits that were skimmed over too fast and others that were lingered on for too long. Scenes that felt out of place, editing that caused scenes to feel out of place... Hopefully the new cut will fix some of these issues, but sadly the problems run far too deep for it to be able to turn the film into what it should have been.

I think it is fine Sevreed. You do not have to like the movie. It is your opinion and there will be people that will disagree with it even though it is just an opinion. I liked the movie but felt it could have been so much more. I like reading people's opinions on movies even if it differs from mine as it opens up perspectives I might otherwise miss or am blind to. So no worries man. Freedom of speech and freedom of opinion.

Back to the figure... I want it out right now while the BvS mania is still ongoing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Same here. Really looking forward to this figure after HT teased the new body.

Maybe you did. But there were still bits that were skimmed over too fast and others that were lingered on for too long. Scenes that felt out of place, editing that caused scenes to feel out of place... Hopefully the new cut will fix some of these issues, but sadly the problems run far too deep for it to be able to turn the film into what it should have been.

Yeah, but your reply again is your opinion – not fact... I loved every second of the movie.

Yeah, but your reply again is your opinion – not fact... I loved every second of the movie.

mc8wd.jpg

If you want to look it like that, then there really is no way to prove that a film is good or bad. I could say that TDK is terrible and Batman and Robin is brilliant and there would be nothing prove otherwise.

Seriously, people... if you don't like something, fine. But do you really have to harp on it in multiple threads? That's just... bizarre, imho. When I dislike something I have no interest in even entering its threads, much less carrying on the same arguments in multiple places. But others apparently feel differently, and there's no respite from negativity these days.

Ah, The Internet. I think I've finally outgrown it. :lol

Seriously, people... if you don't like something, fine. But do you really have to harp on it in multiple threads? That's just... bizarre, imho. When I dislike something I have no interest in even entering its threads, much less carrying on the same arguments in multiple places. But others apparently feel differently, and there's no respite from negativity these days.

:goodpost:

Ah, The Internet. I think I've finally outgrown it. :lol

Yeah. Because everyone who dislikes this film is trolling. This is exactly why I spoke up in the first place.

Let's all just agree to disagree, cool? Dario, do you like the new updated body or do you want to see it a bit more buff? I'm wondering if they might trim off some of the bulk in the next few films Batman is in anyway.

Back