1/6 Hot Toys Black Widow - White Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do think this look great. Maybe I'm just a long flowing hair kinda guy ?

I wonder how much of the personal opinion on a figure like this comes down to taste in women and their hairstyles ? i.e nothing at all to do with the figure itself. Food for thought perhaps :lol

110113427_10157385656762344_7307219200337558742_o.jpg

I really do think this look great. Maybe I'm just a long flowing hair kinda guy ?

I wonder how much of the personal opinion on a figure like this comes down to taste in women and their hairstyles ? i.e nothing at all to do with the figure itself. Food for thought perhaps :lol

View attachment 491147

I'd say I'm a long flowing hair kinda guy.

I seriously am considering to cancel my Endgame Widow in favor for this. And it's not even about the white suit (which is a great look), but the hairstyle definitely does it for me. Endgame Widow (IMO) was the best so far because of the sculpted hair. But seeing this, also sculpted, but long flowing hair compared to the braided hairstyle from Endgame. I'm definitely leaning towards this one.

I'll wait to see if this even gets announced before deciding to do anything though.

The white suit is dope...but that faux zipper in the front looks so tacky and cheap! :slap

Oh wait...this is HT after all, where all they do is cut corners and put out cheap shiz and charge you a premium for it...yeah I'm looking at you Styrofoam stands, clam tray plastic for the FFH glitch effect, and going from cloth material to cheap vinyl (IW Cap)! :nono

Didn't notice the fake zipper - gotta agree that's some corner cutting.

Nice fig tho. Prefer rooted hair - plastic ain't gonna top my CW or TWS Widows.

Will hold out for a black with gold Widow.

I wonder how much of the personal opinion on a figure like this comes down to taste in women and their hairstyles ? i.e nothing at all to do with the figure itself. Food for thought perhaps [emoji38]

View attachment 491147

I like the sculpt and prefer sculpted hair. Do not like the white time travel suits. I would like to see this sculpt on the CW suit next to the CW suit with the stock rooted hair sculpt.

I'll take tiny immovable zippers over the functional ones that are clearly over-sized.
Yeah the only reason I can see people complain about the zipper is now they can't expose the cleavage to a creepy point. This looks better and scales properly. There's zero reason to need a real zipper here.

My only issue with the sculpted zipper, at least on EG Widow, is that (to me) it doesn't stand out enough from the material around it to look "not plastic-y." (Going hard with the technical terms here, I know.) I agree that the real zippers are over sized to scale, but I like the change in materials. (FWIW, my Avenger's Widow is zipped up pretty far. :lol )

View attachment 491147

Nah, it's not just you...I much prefer this version over the EG one, even though it's the same headsculpt. To me, the voluminous hair just looks better! Also the paint work on this sculpt looks more realistic.

Didn't notice the fake zipper - gotta agree that's some corner cutting.

Nice fig tho. Prefer rooted hair - plastic ain't gonna top my CW or TWS Widows.

Will hold out for a black with gold Widow.

I dunno if they're cutting corners...but they're definitely not putting in the extra effort.

It's just like the Endgame BW's zipper, but a different color. :lol

It's not about the functionality of the zipper my friend...it's that the lil plastic piece just looks super cheap and tacky. I appreciate it when HT makes the effort to craft individual parts...and that zipper looks molded onto the suit...cheeeeeeaaaapppp!!! :slap

BUT this version looks the best in my opinion and I gladly look forward to its release in 2-3 years! :lol

My only issue with the sculpted zipper, at least on EG Widow, is that (to me) it doesn't stand out enough from the material around it to look "not plastic-y." (Going hard with the technical terms here, I know.) I agree that the real zippers are over sized to scale, but I like the change in materials. (FWIW, my Avenger's Widow is zipped up pretty far. :lol )

Precisely how I feel! It looks plastic-y and therefore "cheap." Kinda like how the EG Loki has printed on zippers on the material instead of ACTUAL zippers...yeesh! CHEAP!!!

I like that head sculpt a lot. If they reuse it for the inevitable black suit variant I'll probably get one.

I like that head sculpt a lot. If they reuse it for the inevitable black suit variant I'll probably get one.

Yeah might be worthwhile to wait and see how many variants they will make for the movie, if it ever comes out as a movie.

White is a colour which will stand out on from all the others the shelf though.

Yeah might be worthwhile to wait and see how many variants they will make for the movie, if it ever comes out as a movie.

White is a colour which will stand out on from all the others the shelf though.

Yes, with my Avengers, Infinity War and Endgame Widows all sporting black outfits, this version is a must for me. It will really pop and is a good single representation of her solo movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the only reason I can see people complain about the zipper is now they can't expose the cleavage to a creepy point. This looks better and scales properly. There's zero reason to need a real zipper here.

Its probably a good thing I dont post pics of my IM 2 black widow...:)

For $250, a working zipper isnt much to ask for.

Its probably a good thing I dont post pics of my IM 2 black widow...:)

For $250, a working zipper isnt much to ask for.
For a $250 realistic 1/6 scaled figure, whatever parts make a properly sized outfit isn't too much to ask for. Agree to disagree here.

Zippers that have teeth the size of a finger just kill the illusion. Plus on these Widows it serves no purpose. No swap out clothing or outfit parts.

For a $250 realistic 1/6 scaled figure, whatever parts make a properly sized outfit isn't too much to ask for. Agree to disagree here.

Zippers that have teeth the size of a finger just kill the illusion. Plus on these Widows it serves no purpose. No swap out clothing or outfit parts.

Yeah I really don?t need a working zipper so I prefer the sculpted one that?s in-scale, it just looks better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back