Hot Toys Black Widow - Black Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Accidentally picked up a endgame one, thinking it would be this one for some reason lol.

Suit material wise, is this the same as endgame?

I’ll try to catch a review tomorrow m, but if anyone has any insight.

Will I be happy with endgame, or do I have to have this one?

The suit material is better on the solo movie figure and proportions are also better. It is a more sophisticated suit than the EG version. The articulation is also slight better for the solo movie figure with the ankle articulation a major difference between the 2 (Yes, it is can be quite painful to pose the ankles) You also get the articulated batons which are quite fun to pose and you also get a lot more gestured hands as well. I think until they come out with an Artisan Black Widow for IM2 or Avengers, the solo movie figure is the closest to a great Black Widow figure. (Not really worth investing in the Taskmaster shield special, IMO. I got it but she didn’t really use it in the movie anyway. I ended up getting the Taskmaster sword and it’s great to pose with it.)

The suit material is better on the solo movie figure and proportions are also better. It is a more sophisticated suit than the EG version. The articulation is also slight better for the solo movie figure with the ankle articulation a major difference between the 2 (Yes, it is can be quite painful to pose the ankles) You also get the articulated batons which are quite fun to pose and you also get a lot more gestured hands as well. I think until they come out with an Artisan Black Widow for IM2 or Avengers, the solo movie figure is the closest to a great Black Widow figure. (Not really worth investing in the Taskmaster shield special, IMO. I got it but she didn’t really use it in the movie anyway. I ended up getting the Taskmaster sword and it’s great to pose with it.)
Thanks for the reply. That’s all very helpful and good to know. I did watch a couple reviews, but they didn’t clarify on a couple of those points as well.

I guess I’ll get a Widow from her film, as originally planned. I need to get a Yelena First tho

I like the red accents better on the solo movie 🎥

But I got a endgame for 160$ and thought it was a good deal

But if it’s worth an upgrade still, then I’ll put it on my list.

Thank you!

This is what I mean with the Taskmaster sword, recreating that scene in the final fight.
IMG_7318.jpeg

This is what I mean with the Taskmaster sword, recreating that scene in the final fight.
View attachment 661989
That’s a really nice shot!

I actually have a Taskmaster en route as we speak! I wasn’t as let down by the non Tony Masters reveal, as some and thought it an interesting twist. And he’s cool in the comics and games. So ima be very happy with him/her lol

I actually really like the Black Widow movie, I think it’s solid and not only a good mcu film, but a good spyfi film on its own as well

Does anyone know if any of the suit uses pleather or faux leather? I tried to look at some reviews and many of them say it's sculpted plastic. However sideshow in their video mentioned the suit uses pleather.

I can't seem to tell... wondering what others think.

Also wondering the same for the snow suit version as well...though I think sideshow didn't mention pleather or faux/fake leather for the snow suit version.

Does anyone know if any of the suit uses pleather or faux leather? I tried to look at some reviews and many of them say it's sculpted plastic. However sideshow in their video mentioned the suit uses pleather.

I can't seem to tell... wondering what others think.

Also wondering the same for the snow suit version as well...though I think sideshow didn't mention pleather or faux/fake leather for the snow suit version.

As one of the proud owners of both the black and snow suits BW, I can share that they do not have pleather or fake leather as you called it.
IMG_9180.jpeg

It is pleather as Sideshow said themselves at 2:40 in this video (soft goods/pleather combo):

Ya I noted that but other reviewers all believed it was sort of molded plastic and not pleather. Hot toys doesn't say what type of fabric they used either that's why I was asking. Also when sideshow reviewed the snowsuit version, they did not mention that it was pleather ... That's why I was wondering still if sideshow is correct or not. They too could be guessing that it is pleather.

The good thing about this suit is that, regardless as to wether the textured parts of the suit are pleather or soft plastic or whatever, it’s a soft fabric in almost all of the spots where a less durable material could be problematic. I think it’s the best suit for posability.
Agreed, i held out for this version to be my only BW its so nice to be able to pose a figure after the stiffness of EG cap/thor/team suit tony . i was confused about the ankles not bending both ways has anyone remedied this ?

uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000D17&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000D1F&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000D2E&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000D2F&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
Here's some pictures I did last month. While I like the look of this figure, I was hoping to have fun posing this like the endgame and civil war versions.
But holy mother of anus, the wrist pegs on this do not cooperate. Taking the hands off is easy, but getting them back on is nearly physically impossible. The hands do not go on the pegs, I have to take the pegs out to get the hands on, then the pegs refuse to go back in the arm. I took a screw driver to the peg holes on all of the hands and both arms to make the holes bigger (🤨) and it's a bit better now. Never had this problem with the other 2 Widow figures I have.
I thought this would be the best black widow figure to pose. It's the worst for me sadly.

View attachment 692907View attachment 692908View attachment 692909View attachment 692910Here's some pictures I did last month. While I like the look of this figure, I was hoping to have fun posing this like the endgame and civil war versions.
But holy mother of anus, the wrist pegs on this do not cooperate. Taking the hands off is easy, but getting them back on is nearly physically impossible. The hands do not go on the pegs, I have to take the pegs out to get the hands on, then the pegs refuse to go back in the arm. I took a screw driver to the peg holes on all of the hands and both arms to make the holes bigger (🤨) and it's a bit better now. Never had this problem with the other 2 Widow figures I have.
I thought this would be the best black widow figure to pose. It's the worst for me sadly.
Nice outdoor pics! Thanks for sharing! Mine is still back in the box since I moved last summer… Maybe it’s time to take her out again, I suppose?

you guys think, HT will redo any of the widows with movable eyes head sculpt? I mean that Iron Man II widow deserves a 2.0 version :-D

How would a movable eye and Artisan Black Widow (plus more expressive facial sculpt) be able to get more sales opportunity realistically?

Will it be like: “It’s the same Malibu Stacy, but with newer features! It’s a must get for your collection!”

Or.. Just loose interest after more than a year and a bit of waiting for the figure to be released. :unsure:

How would a movable eye and Artisan Black Widow (plus more expressive facial sculpt) be able to get more sales opportunity realistically?

Will it be like: “It’s the same Malibu Stacy, but with newer features! It’s a must get for your collection!”

Or.. Just loose interest after more than a year and a bit of waiting for the figure to be released. :unsure:
How would Iron Man #5,000 be able to sell? Or any other of the many redundant figures that Hot Toys makes?

A bit reductive to call her "Malibu Stacy." She was a core member of the Avengers and a favorite for many fans. Not to mention fans of the actress in general. I'm sure a reworked figure that's more accurate to the actress would sell just fine. Their artisan releases have had zero issues selling because they hype up the limited nature of the releases. FOMO, scalping, and general demand guarantee a sell out within minutes.

Back