Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want Doomsday too.

Got Batman, Supes & WW on PO, skipping both armored Batmans.

Same, except I am happy with MoS Superman so will be passing on the BvS one. I do want to get the Superman BvS stand though. Plus I am getting Knightmare Batman. Looks way to cool to pass.

I hope they make them all. But that's me.

Anyway...

I've seen a fair bit of questions over the knightmere sequence and why it's in the film at all or what it means..

Spoiler Spoiler:

Those dream sequence is reference to to Injustice / Flashpoint Paradox

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope they make them all. But that's me.

Anyway...

I've seen a fair bit of questions over the knightmere sequence and why it's in the film at all or what it means..

Spoiler Spoiler:

None of what is in your spoiler is conveyed that clearly in the movie, and that isn't at all how I interpreted that dream sequence. This is a movie, based on a screenplay, not a book. If I have to read a whole bunch of stuff BEFORE the movie comes out about every scene, and what the intent of the filmmakers was... then the filmmakers failed. The intent should be up on the screen. And since it isn't, I believe that is why a lot of the critics are bashing this movie. I give it a 7 out of 10, and didn't think it was that bad... but it does have some serious issues.

For a movie that critics are almost universally complaining as being too over the top, the most interesting things in this film are surprisingly subtle.
Spoiler Spoiler:

For a movie that critics are almost universally complaining as being too over the top, the most interesting things in this film are surprisingly subtle.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Your 100% right on all that, and I feel like because that among other things the critics completely missed and which is a major reason why people shouldn't listen to critics as if their word was gospel.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Your 100% right on all that, and I feel like because that among other things the critics completely missed and which is a major reason why people shouldn't listen to critics as if their word was gospel.

Sadly, then you just get reviews like this one:

A popcorn film — and this is a popcorn film — should never feel like Sunday night homework.

I'm not going to be one of those people who says "it's a conspiracy," or "they don't know what they're talking about," but a couple things, really. First of all, in the case of the above review, when the **** did US Weekly become a trusted critic? I don't know about you, but, if I'm looking for the go-to authority on all things film and film related, my first choice probably isn't going to be behind the cover of "KIM AND KANYE'S NEW BABY: GET YOUR FIRST LOOK HERE!"

Second of all, so many of these reviews are absolutely astonishing in how biased they are. I **** you not, in the same review, the critic talks about the "success of Deadpool" and how "audiences respond better to lighter fare like The Avengers." I think there's a lot of room for valid criticism of the film, but a lot of it just seems to be people who are pissed off that it challenges genre conventions and tries, and succeeds, in being something different from any other comic book movie.

I'm not going to be one of those people who says "it's a conspiracy," or "they don't know what they're talking about," but a couple things, really. First of all, in the case of the above review, when the **** did US Weekly become a trusted critic? I don't know about you, but, if I'm looking for the go-to authority on all things film and film related, my first choice probably isn't going to be behind the cover of "KIM AND KANYE'S NEW BABY: GET YOUR FIRST LOOK HERE!"

Second of all, so many of these reviews are absolutely astonishing in how biased they are. I **** you not, in the same review, the critic talks about the "success of Deadpool" and how "audiences respond better to lighter fare like The Avengers." I think there's a lot of room for valid criticism of the film, but a lot of it just seems to be people who are pissed off that it challenges genre conventions and tries, and succeeds, in being something different from any other comic book movie.

Critics love Marvel- they don't like anything different or stuff that challenges their thinking process:)rotfl). They aren't the smartest or most well-informed people out there who watch movues

I LOVED the movie! Wonder Woman was my favorite in the film, along with Batman. Kinda bummed that we did not see more of
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think I am spoiling anything, most of what I will say is fairly easy to assume. The spoilers part will be hidden and as a response to another member's comments.

Before watching the movie and made an effort to avoid any reviews on this movie, even skipping most comments on the HT figures when it came out. Only one review, did I watch completely (the superhero news on youtube) and they were very careful and seem contemplative about the movie. After watching the movie I went and searched for comic fans review thinking that as fans they might have a better understanding of what the movie was about. It's very surprising that most of these critics seem to jump into the same bandwagon of hating the movie with the same comments and yet when they try to go in-depth on their comments and use examples in the movie they actually talk about scenes that were not there or was there but did not see. I almost wonder if they even saw the same movie, was too sleepy because they were in the midnight show or too distracted by friends or just drunk; I don't know.
My advice: go in there with as clear a mind as possible, when going with friends tell them to don't bother you or talk to you while the film is going on, be ready to absorb a lot.
There is a lot of stories here: Batman's vengeance, The superman question, Lex's evil, and Lois' investigation. On top of that we are being introduced to the Justice League and why they are being sought. They are short stories and you will be moved and yanked in between them but I don't think the pacing is off or too erratic. It gives you enough to sit on the edge of your seat and as you get comfortable and sit back it yanks to the next set.
It's not a perfect movie. If you go in there nitpicking, you will find loose threads but I dare anyone to tell a story in 2 1/2 hours and say they were able to explain everything little detail without blatantly using one-liners to explain the small details.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's the spoiler part in response to Mr. Tanker: And this really is a spoiler alert with my musings on what I saw and interpret.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love this movie. I came out numb and slack-jawed. I want to see it immediately. If I could have access to it's blu-ray, I'd probably be watching it over and over waiting for the next related movie.

HAHA! Very well said my friend. I thought the same thing. Us Weekly should stick to "Who wore it best?"

I think the figures announced up to now and Knightmare Bats will be it in 1/6- I'm hoping for 1/4 versions but we wil have to wait and see...

I'm not planning on getting the vision batman, and also the superman. I think the MoS version is good enough and the head sculpt is better for me. The vision batman is not relevant enough for me. The Doomsday, if they had pushed the look just a little bit more with the bones then I might have as it would push him out of the troll look. I decided to just stick with batman, the armored version and wonder woman.

I think the figures announced up to now and Knightmare Bats will be it in 1/6- I'm hoping for 1/4 versions but we wil have to wait and see...

I agree. I wouldn't spend any money on any of the other JL members if they decided to make them for this film.

The only one who was shown clearly (through marketing) was Aquaman and they already teased his new, different outfit for Justice League.

Just because you detested it and weren't entertained, doesn't mean others won't be. Your opinion isn't any more or less valid than anyone else's and it doesn't mean your tastes supplant theirs.

Let me put it like this: Sharknado is a better film because that one was bad on purpose. This one is just bad. The editing and story are bad. I can't think of anything to say in defence of the story and anyone saying doomsday was done justice in this movie is just lying to you and themselves.

Erm, maybe they used electronics because it makes more sense to do that than walk around growling all night. Its makes complete sense as a voice hiding device.

Why? it has a different creative team behind it?

It would make sense, but the reason they did it is because Affleck couldnt do it. Cmon, listen to Kevin Conroy. A true voice is always more badass, and please don't bring "realism" into a superman movie.

Erm, maybe they used electronics because it makes more sense to do that than walk around growling all night. Its makes complete sense as a voice hiding device.

Why? it has a different creative team behind it?

The same studio, making bad decisions. Joker Tattoo's, PG13 rating in a villain's film.

Let me put it like this: Sharknado is a better film because that one was bad on purpose. This one is just bad. The editing and story are bad. I can't think of anything to say in defence of the story and anyone saying doomsday was done justice in this movie is just lying to you and themselves.

Subjective vs objective.

You disliked the movie. That is your subjective opinion. Other people did like the movie. That is their subjective opinion.

Both opinions are valid.

Back