1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy that forever fans will be pleased with theses figures. Always a good thing when old Franchises are back to life.
Easy pass for me as I never was a fan of the movie despite thinking that Kilmer was the best Wayne after Keaton and the Panther the best suit after 89.
Never liked the Sonar.

I've preordered the Sonic suit Batman. This will be very cool. Hope they make the entire Schumacher lineup from both films. That would be an awesome display especially with Freeze. What a damn cool light show that would be.

The Phantom is gayer than Batman Forever, just sayin?.

View attachment 505271

000D567E-693D-4354-A0E1-F6A566D2F160.jpeg

On display at Secret Base

144964430_3694136803988234_3102209319072200599_o.jpg

I only need one Batman in my Collection (RETURNS) which has more accessories for $220 (if I recall). I don't mind Forever as it was a HUGE release back in the day. I have always wanted NECA to do a 89 to B&R line of action figures. Would love to see all they villians in 7" form. Sonar looks great but for some reason having Robin beside him takes away the greatness. No blame to HT. I going to go back and sit in the shadows and continue to wait for my Penguin. :(

Hot-Toys-Batman-1989-Sixth-Scale-10.jpg

Sonar looks great but for some reason having Robin beside him takes away the greatness. No blame to HT.

Agreed but I do blame HT. They could have toned it down and had a viably matching pair.

But the way I see it as of now:

HT Sonar Batman: Mid-90's awesomeness

HT Sonar Batman and HT Robin: Ambiguously Gay Duo

I'll pass on the latter.

"I'm sorry Edward but displaying both figures together just raises too many questions..."

lol

Man oh man!!!!
Batman Forever I know is not the best movie....but man it has such nostalgia for me. Absolutely loved this movie, had a lot of the toys including the bat mobile. Saw the movie in theatre maybe 3 times with my mom. Loved all the McDonalds tie ins.

Did not think I wanted a Batman Forever Batman...but seeing it brings back so many good memories and it actually looks extremely well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man oh man!!!!
Batman Forever I know is not the best movie....but man it has such nostalgia for me. Absolutely loved this movie, had a lot of the toys including the bat mobile. Saw the movie in theatre maybe 3 times with my mom. Loved all the McDonalds tie ins.

Did not think I wanted a Batman Forever Batman...but seeing it brings back so many good memories and it actually looks extremely well done.

I know right and I'm with you that that is totally the fun of this figure.

I look at some collectibles and am reminded of what an awesome movie they come from. But I look at Sonar Batman and think "wow summer of 95 was fun!" which is equally appealing in this case.

I look at some collectibles and am reminded of what an awesome movie they come from. But I look at Sonar Batman and think "wow summer of 95 was fun!" which is equally appealing in this case.

I love Batman in general and the actual figure, suit, likeness is really amazing. So even from that standpoint it looks like it will be a win for Batman fans in general.

The movie itself...i loved loved loved it as a kid. And I think I can still appreciate it today for what it is. Hard nowadays because I think we see that Batman is best being super gritty and dark. And I think Batman and Robin sort of broke the franchise and ppl throw Forever into that mix as well. But I think Forever went with a tone, style and did it well. Mix of the 60s campiness and sort of style and quirky darkness of the Burton films. Forever I think took Batman in a different style and did that well whereas B & R showed how how not to do that well.

But yeah just one persons opinion on the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed but I do blame HT. They could have toned it down and had a viably matching pair.

But the way I see it as of now:

HT Sonar Batman: Mid-90's awesomeness

I'll pass on the latter.

"I'm sorry Edward but displaying both figures together just raises too many questions..."

lol

:lol :lol

No way in hell is that colorful Robin going on my shelf lol

The movie sucks but what matters to me is the evolution of the suit

Hence why DiFabio will need to buy the B&R suit which he even ignored Wor-Gar about lol

When my Robin arrives I’ll be doing the crotch mod and put up a tutorial about it. I mean, it’s a rubber suit right?

All I’ll do is invert the bulge, put it inside out! Might be as simple as just pressing it!

If that doesn’t work, a little nip and tuck might be in order.

:lol :lol

No way in hell is that colorful Robin going on my shelf lol

:lol

When my Robin arrives I’ll be doing the crotch mod and put up a tutorial about it. I mean, it’s a rubber suit right?

All I’ll do is invert the bulge, put it inside out! Might be as simple as just pressing it!

It might be modifiable but do you really want to set yourself up for a conversation that might go something like this:

DiFabio's Friend: "You have Batman Forever figures that's awesome and hilarious. Ha ha look at Robin's dumb little package."

DiFabio: "Yeah it was actually a lot bigger until I rubbed it really hard."

DiFabio's Friend: *spits out beer*

lol

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw what HT did. I think its an inside joke with Howard. Robin's piece didn't look like that, nor should it. Gonna get nothing but jokes and cackles from your friends about that on display. Not sure what you girlfriend's will say.

Back