Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I agree, but if someone buys both, then he would just get what is coming to him! Instead of making $450 on a set, he loses 2 sets for $250 each :lol

haytil, that's one way of looking at it, but I see it as a scumbag move to trap unwary buyers who think they're getting the DEAL OF THE CENTURY, quickly click "buy it now," and find out they're on the hook for a lot of dinero.

I don't think anyone's going to be fooled by the $50 price tag. It's too much in the "too good to be true" camp.

If shipping were like $800, I might agree with you - but $450 is the average going rate on Ebay right now, so I don't think he's trying to scam people so much as he is trying to get people to notice his (fair) price as well as save a bit on the Ebay commission.

Don't know if you're serious, but if you are, I'm totally up for it, Buttmunch. Or if anyone else is, PM me.

I am really considering it now :lol

I even went through the pages and sure enough just before the 'commit to buy' page it shows $100 + $400 shipping for a total of $500 for two sets. Could be a steal. But I just have a feeling the seller will come up with some excuse to get out of it. What to do, what to do.

Oh, it just ended. I'd really like to see how it turns out. It says 2 were sold.

Which one of you bought it? :lol

Dibs on the second set if this ends up working!

I don't think anyone's going to be fooled by the $50 price tag. It's too much in the "too good to be true" camp.

actually, you'd be surprised. i've seen soooo many people fooled into buying an empty box thinking it's a sealed mint figure... despite the very explicit description

Yeah, I saw that a number of times with gaming systems (Wii, Playstation,) and you laugh at people's inability to read a simple paragraph, but I also become angry at other folk's predatory nature.

I mean, what jerk sells an empty box for a hot new item, that isn't laying a trap for the gullible and unwary?

man..that's some ____ for one item...but a set for 250 is awesome. I totally would have done that.

Oh, it just ended. I'd really like to see how it turns out. It says 2 were sold.

Which one of you bought it? :lol

Dibs on the second set if this ends up working!

Was me, sorry. I wanted to get to bed and didn't know how quickly you'd respond, so I just went ahead and bought it.

But you're right, he's trying to weasel his way out of it, the lousy prick.

There was discussion a few pages back. Some seller had 2 for $300 plus $50 shipping. I and another member bought them, only to be told that the seller "ran out of stock"

No doubt as soon as he realized how much he under-valued them for eBay's market.

:rolleyes:

I wanted to make him eat the fees, but if I didn't agree to mutually cancel the transaction, eBay would have given me a non-paying bidder strike. So, the bastard got off clean from my end.

How would you have gotten a NPS for not paying for something thats not in stock? Are you saying Ebay expects you to pay for something that the seller said is no longer in stock? :dunno

You should've made him eat the fees and neg'd his azz...

How would you have gotten a NPS for not paying for something thats not in stock? Are you saying Ebay expects you to pay for something that the seller said is no longer in stock? :dunno

You should've made him eat the fees and neg'd his azz...

^^This. karamazov you lost me a lil bit there.

So eBay is allowed to give you infractions for something thats not your fault?

Here's the direct text from the e-mail I received today from eBay:

EBay e-mail said:
According to our records, you haven't responded to ivanyeshk's notification regarding payment for item HOT TOYS Anniversary Batman Demon & Scarecrow .This unpaid item case was opened on 2011-01-11 10:04:03.0.
If you've already resolved this situation through email or paid for the item, please let us know by responding through our Resolution Center.

To avoid receiving an unpaid item strike, please resolve this situation within seven days of the date the notification was sent to you. An unpaid item strike will result in loss of feedback privileges for this transaction. See eBay's Unpaid Item Policy for more information.

Back