Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that means HE opened the case on you. That's ____ed up. Has it even been a week?

The first thing I would have done was PAID him ASAP (even though he wouldn't have the item "instock"), then when they tried to pull that ____, YOU could open a case against him, get your money back, make him eat fees AND neg him.

At this point, I'd either let the case go and then talk to ebay about all this or contact him directly. The former probably wouldn't help, but it's worth a try.

Oh I agree, but if someone buys both, then he would just get what is coming to him! Instead of making $450 on a set, he loses 2 sets for $250 each :lol

Don't know if you're serious, but if you are, I'm totally up for it, Buttmunch. Or if anyone else is, PM me.

I don't think anyone's going to be fooled by the $50 price tag. It's too much in the "too good to be true" camp.

If shipping were like $800, I might agree with you - but $450 is the average going rate on Ebay right now, so I don't think he's trying to scam people so much as he is trying to get people to notice his (fair) price as well as save a bit on the Ebay commission.

I am really considering it now :lol

I even went through the pages and sure enough just before the 'commit to buy' page it shows $100 + $400 shipping for a total of $500 for two sets. Could be a steal. But I just have a feeling the seller will come up with some excuse to get out of it. What to do, what to do.

Oh, it just ended. I'd really like to see how it turns out. It says 2 were sold.

Which one of you bought it? :lol

Dibs on the second set if this ends up working!

There's also this one,

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190492085910&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and the one you guys were talking about got relisted,

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-10th-Batman-Demon-Scarecrow-Combo-Dark-Knight-/200566809791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb2b6a4bf

I'm thinking of buying it. You could pay the price and then once we saw the REAL shipping price (which would probably be about $60) upon receiving the box, you could contact ebay, open a case and ask for a refund for the shipping.

It falls under ebay's shipping policy and you could open a case as a shipping scam.

They'd be forced to refund you the $300 refund and you'd be paying around $110 for the set.

Well, the case was opened for the reason: "Seller wants to cancel this transaction." So I'm not sure how it got to being an unpaid item issue. But, I didn't pay for the item. . . And given that the seller is shady anyway, I didn't want to send him payment after his claim that it wasn't in stock.

There's also this one,

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190492085910&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and the one you guys were talking about got relisted,

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-10th-Batman-Demon-Scarecrow-Combo-Dark-Knight-/200566809791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb2b6a4bf

I'm thinking of buying it. You could pay the price and then once we saw the REAL shipping price (which would probably be about $60) upon receiving the box, you could contact ebay, open a case and ask for a refund for the shipping.

It falls under ebay's shipping policy and you could open a case as a shipping scam.

They'd be forced to refund you the $300 refund and you'd be paying around $110 for the set.

Sounds just as weasely to me...

Sounds just as weasely to me...

So what, I'm going to do it after a few of the ones I'm watching end. It's not even "weasely" considering they have purposely jacked up the shipping. I could, conceivably win both figures for $110.

Fight fire with fire, why not?

3250881780_1317ce91ac.jpg

Here's the direct text from the e-mail I received today from eBay:

Interesting, I guess Ebay has sunk to a new low.

Well like someone said earlier, I guess you could pay, then reverse the NPS threat, then file a dispute via Paypal (I agree with you, I wouldnt pay him!) or go thru Ebay's resolution center and explain you were fully prepared to pay for the item until you were advised it was out of stock. Assuming the messages sent back and forth were thru Ebay and not private emails, they will have everything and can see everything.

I know you can also chat via IMs under the customer service > automated agent feature and thats been pretty helpful for me in the past. Maybe they can help out there.

All this of course if you care enough to fight it. I would. This guy is a d**k, I wouldnt let him add insult to injury...

Well, the case was opened for the reason: "Seller wants to cancel this transaction." So I'm not sure how it got to being an unpaid item issue. But, I didn't pay for the item. . . And given that the seller is shady anyway, I didn't want to send him payment after his claim that it wasn't in stock.

What is the sellers name?

EDIT:

Nevermind, found it. ivanyeshk

Last edited:
I really don't care enough to waste more energy. I would like to make the guy eat the fees, but if EBay has a "seller wants to cancel this transaction" because the item is out of stock option, then I'm not sure how far I would get with it, anyway.

A) Is there a guaranteed way of finding the real price of shipping of an item from Hong Kong?

B) Will Ebay always do this if you complain about the price after its shipped? If they consistently refund you your money, and you can explain how to find what the real cost of shipping was, then I'm interested.

This guy's being a real ____ over the e-mail, and with these "low price + high shipping" listings popping up all over the place, I don't have a problem fighting fire with fire. And there's more than enough to go around, it seems like.

Best thing to do is just watch his activity. I just added him as one of my "favorite sellers".

I'm willing to bet the seller lists them again and when he does, there's your shot to question the situation.

A) Is there a guaranteed way of finding the real price of shipping of an item from Hong Kong?

B) Will Ebay always do this if you complain about the price after its shipped? If they consistently refund you your money, and you can explain how to find what the real cost of shipping was, then I'm interested.

This guy's being a real ____ over the e-mail, and with these "low price + high shipping" listings popping up all over the place, I don't have a problem fighting fire with fire. And there's more than enough to go around, it seems like.

Depends on how he ships it out. The label/postage is a dead give away. You'd also see the location and method in which the seller went about shipping it to figure out the actual cost of shipping.

Report them as avoiding ebay seller fees (they pay less ebay seller fees which makes ebay $$$, they wouldn't be too happy about that) and open a case and ebay would most likely refund you if the seller refused.

Ok. I got a few PMs regarding the Scarecrow figure I was able to get from a supplier. I am taking back that offer because I'm not getting it from him. I emailed him earlier last night and he emails me back today saying he wants more. So Sorry folks. I tried to help but I'm not going to screw you all.

Depends on how he ships it out. The label/postage is a dead give away. You'd also see the location and method in which the seller went about shipping it to figure out the actual cost of shipping.

Ugh, that's the problem. What if the label/postage is worn off, rubbed out, or removed somehow in transit? Then I end up paying far more for the item than I intended or ever wanted to, since I won't be able to get a refund without proof that the shipping wasn't hundreds of dollars.

As far as that ebay transaction goes...the two items were bought from him with combined shipping for a total of 500 dollars. ($400 for shipping, $50 set+$50 set) and he backed out and said it was out of stock, right? Then he re-lists only one of them, as far as I can see...
He is probably saying that he only had one in stock to begin with.

If you won the auction for 2 items and paid him and then opened a case at the start of the weaseling...you coulda probably done something to screw him. I'm not so sure what you can do about shipping..I've never dealt with that before. I have bought things from china before and it's taken a damn long time and there is no way to track the package.

I do know that, in my experience, for paypal...they usually always side with the seller. Maybe it would be beneficial to open up a case through paypal in the future.

Ugh, that's the problem. What if the label/postage is worn off, rubbed out, or removed somehow in transit? Then I end up paying far more for the item than I intended or ever wanted to, since I won't be able to get a refund without proof that the shipping wasn't hundreds of dollars.

Well I just sent them a message asking if I can have insurance and delivery confirmation/tracking.

Lets see what they say.

As far as that ebay transaction goes...the two items were bought from him with combined shipping for a total of 500 dollars. ($400 for shipping, $50 set+$50 set) and he backed out and said it was out of stock, right?

No, he did not say it was out of stock. He said I had to pay $900 for the two of them, and then he relisted them.

Then he re-lists only one of them, as far as I can see...

He must be relisting multiple times. At one point, he relisted two of them, because there were two back up there (though with adjusted shipping, so it would've been a flat $450 per item).

If you won the auction for 2 items and paid him and then opened a case at the start of the weaseling...you coulda probably done something to screw him.

No case has been opened yet. I paid him, then he refunded without asking me, and I complained to him via e-mail. In the meantime, he's being a ____ over e-mails and also relisting the items.

The question is - can I force him to send the items at the original, agreed-upon price?

If not, and I tell him to just send one of the items (at the normal price), will I be able to get my money back by disputing his excessive shipping? (So I end up with only one set of figures, but they'll be real cheap).

If so, I'd do that, since it's better to have one set of cheap figures then nothing. But if I can't do that, then I would like to forego having him send one item (since his "normal" price of $450 is too much for my blood), and just slam him with feedback. I won't get my item, but I won't have lost money, and he'd be punished somewhat.

I have bought things from china before and it's taken a damn long time and there is no way to track the package.

I've bought from Hong Kong before, and have received tracking numbers for them. The question is, how do I get what the price of the actual shipping was? And what if he argues that it only cost $50 for shipping, but the "handling and packing" cost $350? Obviously a lie, but is it something Ebay will reject?

there really isn't alot of info I could find on how ebay can control shipping costs besides maxing shipping costs per weight. but since it is international shipping I guess it may be harder to track.. still $350 is pretty ridiculous. there must be something you can do.

Back