Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are crazy. I'd like to ____ a cartoon turtle I guess.

cartoon_turtle.gif

Heath Ledger deserved all the praise and accolades he received and then some. He was a brilliant actor and his performance as the Joker was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It was as though he literally became the Joker. There was nothing at all recognizable about him in that performance. When I watch him in that role, I completely forget that I'm watching a performance, that I'm watching an actor. I literally believe that I'm watching the Joker come to life, like someone just happened to have a camera and were following him around. He was that good. I don't think I'm watching Heath Ledger when I watch him in "The Dark Knight", I think I'm watching the Joker, for real, and that is the mark of a truly brilliant acting performance. Heath Ledger was absolutely incredible and he deserves all the praise he got.

Oh, and Maggie Gyllenhaal is a really good actress. And she's not ugly at all.

Last edited:
Heath Ledger deserved all the praise and accolades he received and then some. He was a brilliant actor and his performance as the Joker was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It was as though he literally became the Joker. There was nothing at all recognizable about him in that performance. When I watch him in that role, I completely forget that I'm watching a performance, that I'm watching an actor. I literally believe that I'm watching the Joker come to life, like someone just happened to have a camera and were following him around. He was that good. I don't think I'm watching Heath Ledger when I watch him in "The Dark Knight", I think I'm watching the Joker, for real, and that is the mark of a truly brilliant acting performance. Heath Ledger was absolutely incredible and he deserves all the praise he got.

Bang on man. He BECAME Joker.

DiCaprio has made a lot of crappy movies too, but in the last few years he has really matured and I'd rate him as among the best half dozen actors in his generation.

Ledger, if he was still alive, would probably have taken a similar career route I feel

Heath Ledger made A LOT of crappy movies.

This is true.

DiCaprio has made a lot of crappy movies too, but in the last few years he has really matured and I'd rate him as among the best half dozen actors in his generation.

Ledger, if he was still alive, would probably have taken a similar career route I feel

This, also, is true,

What amazing movies!? TDK and Brokeback Mountain? Because that's the only two movies he ever did (with a major supporting/leading role) that were both critically AND financially successfully. The majority of movies he made either bombed at the box office or were panned by critics.

I'll never understand how people can revise history to make Ledger's acting career look greater than it actually was. :dunno

too bad drugs took him out of this game :(
I suspect that was possibly something he used as a tool to get to that level of madness and just could not shake off after. The drugs and darkness just got ahold of him

Go watch "Candy" or his performance in "Moster's Ball". Just because a film isn't a box office hit doesn't mean its not good. Usually its the opposite. Like I said, he was ____ing 28 years old and clearly on his way to becoming a force.

I don't think Ledger can be called a GREAT actor, based on just a couple of incredible performances, but the tragedy of his death was that he was only just beginning to blosom / show his true talent, and were he alive i'm sure we would have been treated to a lot of amazing performances, but that was not to be and hence we lost someone who was on the path to greatness.

I do not deny for a second that his performances before Brokeback were mediocre at best

Go watch "Candy" or his performance in "Moster's Ball".

He has a very minor role in Monster's Ball. And it wasn't all that spectacular.

Just because a film isn't a box office hit doesn't mean its not good.

I put that there so I wouldn't be accused of just posting my opinion. If you just want my opinion, yeah Heath Ledger made A LOT of crappy movies.

Go watch "Candy" or his performance in "Moster's Ball". Just because a film isn't a box office hit doesn't mean its not good. Usually its the opposite. Like I said, he was ____ing 28 years old and clearly on his way to becoming a force.

I also loved The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which came after TDK.

He has a very minor role in Monster's Ball. And it wasn't all that spectacular.

I put that there so I wouldn't be accused of just posting my opinion. If you just want my opinion, yeah Heath Ledger made A LOT of crappy movies.

And that's no reflection on his acting talent.

Seriously dude, he was just a kid who only got a few chances to show what he was really capable of, and when he did, he blew everyone's minds. He was a great actor. Two Oscar nominations in such a short span of time is just a testament to that.

That was one trippy movie. Ledger looked mental in that - in a not so good way

You only say that because you know he died while it was being filmed.

I didn't get that from the character at all. I thought he played it very well.

And yes, it was a trippy movie. :exactly:

Seriously dude, he was just a kid who only got a few chances to show what he was really capable of, and when he did, he blew everyone's minds. He was a great actor. Two Oscar nominations in such a short span of time is just a testament to that.

If you say so. Speculating on what he could've done is pointless. Because it's 50/50.. he could've made some more great movies with great performances or he could've made more crappy films with forgettable performances like he previously did. It's irrelevant. The only thing we DO know is, the majority of the films he did in his career sucked. And proof of that is no one paying to see them. Period.

Back