Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big mistake they've made is to have not sold the car in the same time than the figures.
It would had been a virtuous circle. Because even if the 89 is my favorite, the 66 one is mythic and would had touch more buyers thant just the Classic fan of Batman but also car's collectors or cinema's fans.
The fan of the show would had bought the car to fit with the figures and the fan of the car would had take the figures just to make a diorama...
Everyone would have been pleased, even HT...
:dunno

Simple-
the line was dropped because B&R figures did not sell enough for HT to continue the line- if they did we'd have villians and car for sure. I'm just happy they did B&R.

To be fair, I don't blame people who waited to buy or didn't because they where waiting for the car. Hot toys blew that and are partly responsible for slow sales. If I did not love the show so much watching it in TV as a kid I would have waited also. Without the batmobile or villians, they do not fit in most peoples collections. I bought a 2nd set when sideshow reduced then to 125.00 each so I could put one set in the car and other out. I need this car. I still don't understand the secrecy if this is cancelled or not?

Yup.

Instead they decided to wait and see how the figures sold first. :slap

That was a stupid move by hot toys. They showed the figures with the batmobile. I did not need villains to go with them if they would have released batman, Robin, and the batmobile at the same time. That would be all I would need for a dio. Hot Toys fault on poor sales, don't blame us. The casual fan would have most likely picked up all three in a minute. Again, they showed us the car and it was well received. This is to me the most iconic car in my lifetime.

I'm pretty sure Hot toys wants to release this batmobile but they must be having problems with the rights/ license . Who gets paid royalties ex... It goes back to the original creator of the car . Remember last year they showcased the alternate 69 batman figure to keep our hopes up . Who know ?

I'm concerned that with the upcoming offering of the BvS Batmobile that if sales are slow they will use this as a decision making measure on whether or not to move forward with a 66 Batmobile. I don't think many will buy the BvS Batmobile

New Batmobile and the Rey Speeder, hah come on HT. Those are just newly short screened hyped vehicles. 66 Batm is a legend :cuckoo:

New Batmobile and the Rey Speeder, hah come on HT. Those are just newly short screened hyped vehicles. 66 Batm is a legend :cuckoo:

Agreed. Rey speeder to me was forgotten till I saw pics of it. That was a dumb thing to make imo. 66 is a legend, can't argue that. It's a fact. Rey speeder lol, and I am a huge star wars fan since 1977 btw.

I'm pretty sure Hot toys wants to release this batmobile but they must be having problems with the rights/ license . Who gets paid royalties ex... It goes back to the original creator of the car . Remember last year they showcased the alternate 69 batman figure to keep our hopes up . Who know ?

I heard (not fact just rumors) there was some issue and it got bumped because of it but it will still be made. I just want the car. I don't have a Batman for my 89 Batmobile, Marty for my DeLorean and i will not have any figures for this car.

I have 2 brand new in the box 69 batman's . Also a brand new Robin. Never opened . I'm waiting for this car to be released .

With the Ecto-1 coming, BttF Delorean part 2 coming, this would be the final vehicle I'd need to be able to get out of the sixth scale hobby. At least they gave us the 89 Batmobile. If 66 batmobile doesn't show/get produced, the 89 is the next best thing IMO.

Yeah, finaly when i have a look to my 89 batmobile under its display case, i tell to myself that i'm very lucky that this beast saw the light of day because this is my favourite car but i'm very very sad for those who wait so long for maybe the most iconic batmobile.
What a pity...:dunno

Yeah, finaly when i have a look to my 89 batmobile under its display case, i tell to myself that i'm very lucky that this beast saw the light of day because this is my favourite car but i'm very very sad for those who wait so long for maybe the most iconic batmobile.
What a pity...:dunno

I started collecting because of the 66 and 89 batmobiles. 66 is the most iconic batmobile and 89 second to me. I saw the show on reruns as a kid in the 70's and I graduated high school in 1989. My 2 favorite vehicles followed by delorean and ecto 1. I have the 89 and it is still impressive.

I started collecting because of the 66 and 89 batmobiles. 66 is the most iconic batmobile and 89 second to me. I saw the show on reruns as a kid in the 70's and I graduated high school in 1989. My 2 favorite vehicles followed by delorean and ecto 1. I have the 89 and it is still impressive.

Pretty much those 4 vehicles I have and will have as 1/6. Got the 89 and delorean, now the Ecto-1 is coming from blitzway :yess:
So my car collection will be incomplete as long as I don`t get the 66 Batmobile.

Would have given the Incterceptor and Bluesmobile a thought, but space is essential.

I can't believe all the people acting like the figures are worthless because of no Batmobile. I'd like it too but I'm definitely still happy with just the figures. The car would just be extra icing on the cake.

Pretty much those 4 vehicles I have and will have as 1/6. Got the 89 and delorean, now the Ecto-1 is coming from blitzway :yess:
So my car collection will be incomplete as long as I don`t get the 66 Batmobile.

Would have given the Incterceptor and Bluesmobile a thought, but space is essential.

General Lee would be awesome too

I can't believe all the people acting like the figures are worthless because of no Batmobile. I'd like it too but I'm definitely still happy with just the figures. The car would just be extra icing on the cake.

I agree. I love my dynamic duo. I have 2 sets. Bought 2nd set when went on sale for 125.00 each through Sideshow. Still hoping for 66.

When is the (50'th?) anniversary for the show? Hopefully that's what HT has been waiting for. Aren't Adam West and Burt Ward doing some Batman project together? Thought the rumor was it would be for an animated movie they'd lend their voices to.

When is the (50'th?) anniversary for the show? Hopefully that's what HT has been waiting for. Aren't Adam West and Burt Ward doing some Batman project together? Thought the rumor was it would be for an animated movie they'd lend their voices to.

This year is the 50th. The 1st day the show aired was Jan 12th 1966

Animated movie is right. Wouldn't it be awesome at batman event the 66 is revealed and the animated movie!

Back