Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Implying Hot Toys will still be around in 25 years.

I'll give them another decade, tops.

In my wildest dreams, I like to imagine that all of these smaller companies that have been blossoming in their shadow continue to grow bigger and better until, finally, they put HT out of business.

I mean, ThreeZero's doing pretty damn well with the TV stuff, albeit a bit slowly, StarAce has been having moderate success with their Harry Potter stuff, I think the one's who are primed to overtake the throne, should they have continued success with their "slow and steady wins the race" approach, are Blitzway, and it seems like more and more people are getting in on the licensed 1/6th business, like Qmx, Mondo, and, now, Soldier Story.

It isn't just penny ante, niche stuff, either. Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Batman: TAS; these are all big licenses with devoted fanbases that Howard passed up because his head was too far up Disney's ass.

In my wildest dreams, I like to imagine that all of these smaller companies that have been blossoming in their shadow continue to grow bigger and better until, finally, they put HT out of business.

I mean, ThreeZero's doing pretty damn well with the TV stuff, albeit a bit slowly, StarAce has been having moderate success with their Harry Potter stuff, I think the one's who are primed to overtake the throne, should they have continued success with their "slow and steady wins the race" approach, are Blitzway, and it seems like more and more people are getting in on the licensed 1/6th business, like Qmx, Mondo, and, now, Soldier Story.

It isn't just penny ante, niche stuff, either. Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Batman: TAS; these are all big licenses with devoted fanbases that Howard passed up because his head was too far up Disney's ass.

At this point hot toys is pricing themselves out of business. Those smaller companies really have stepped up. Seems Howard can careless in what us collectors want.

it's weird, he used to do alot more interviews the last couple years, but this year i haven't seen or read one single interview from him. maybe he's to busy swimming in his scrooge mcduck vault to do them.

No big loss. Most of those interviews were bland propaganda that didn't say much anyway.

Implying Hot Toys will still be around in 25 years.

I'll give them another decade, tops.

Yeah the 1/6 figure market will implode long before that...rising prices, high duplication of subjects(SW , MCU) , reliance on hit film franchises almost 100%..yeah HT is making all they can NOW you better believe it...

Yeah the 1/6 figure market will implode long before that...rising prices, high duplication of subjects(SW , MCU) , reliance on hit film franchises almost 100%..yeah HT is making all they can NOW you better believe it...
Clearly the brands they choose to focus on sell well or they wouldn't keep doing them or at least not as many of them. It isn't as though brands like Marvel and Star Wars are flavors of the month that are just going to plummet in popularity and disappear. As far as pricing goes I see this argument brought up a lot. They're expensive yes but all I can say is it seems like the prices I pay are apparently different from others. Prices seem fairly consistent in the four years I've collected. Some of the more popular lines command more but a lot of the output is priced fairly similarly to when I first started.

On topic I'd still love for this to come out but who knows at this point. It seems like the 66 line didn't do very well for it to be continued which is a shame. I'm hopeful for this but kind of am not holding my breath for it to happen.

I feel alot of people were waiting for the batmobile before they bought batman and Robin. It hot toys would have put it up for preorder around the time they were released, they would have sold better imo. Hot Toys kind killed sales themselves on that one imo. Then if would have committed to some villians, then they definitely would have sold better.

The crazy part for me is that this was, literally, the first licensed product to come out of the WBCP deal to be announced. I'm pretty sure this even came before they had their big licensing announcement with all the T-shirts and comics and Mattel's stuff. Just goes to show that there's no such thing as a sure thing, when the first Batman '66 product we saw coming out of the gate is nowhere to be found once we've finally got the show and everything else. At the very least, though, I'm content having two great figures from the show. Maybe, someday, someone who might have a bit more appreciation for the show might get the license and give us all the stuff HT left us wanting.

I feel alot of people were waiting for the batmobile before they bought batman and Robin. It hot toys would have put it up for preorder around the time they were released, they would have sold better imo. Hot Toys kind killed sales themselves on that one imo. Then if would have committed to some villians, then they definitely would have sold better.

I agree with this.

At this point hot toys is pricing themselves out of business. Those smaller companies really have stepped up. Seems Howard can careless in what us collectors want.

If the past few months have shown me anything, it's that resting on their laurels for so long has made them lazy. Now, they aren't even pretending to give a **** about anything other than money by slapping a "2.0" on a sold out release and including a few new things in the package. All the ****** gold and chrome variants were one thing, but I'd hoped I'd never see the day when they just start doing straight-up re-releases, and the MK IV and MKXLII show that they've finally dropped the façade and become Hasbro.:lol

I'm fine with rereleasing old stuff only in China (minus the gold trooper) as long as it's not something new that i want.......like this car.

Just hoping to see this again @ SDCC 2016 and pre-order announcement..

These are shots from 2013 SDCC
DSC02914.jpg
DSC02921.jpg

Also displayed outside - full scale car
DSC03013.jpg
DSC03022.jpg

If the past few months have shown me anything, it's that resting on their laurels for so long has made them lazy. Now, they aren't even pretending to give a **** about anything other than money by slapping a "2.0" on a sold out release and including a few new things in the package. All the ****** gold and chrome variants were one thing, but I'd hoped I'd never see the day when they just start doing straight-up re-releases, and the MK IV and MKXLII show that they've finally dropped the façade and become Hasbro.:lol
The Iron Man re-releases aren't global releases. They're being done specifically for the Shanghai Disney store that they recently opened and aren't being sold via Sideshow or other retailers. Basically from the sounds of things they're doing them because they're entering a new market and it would be foolish of them to not fulfill the market demand.

The Iron Man re-releases aren't global releases. They're being done specifically for the Shanghai Disney store that they recently opened and aren't being sold via Sideshow or other retailers. Basically from the sounds of things they're doing them because they're entering a new market and it would be foolish of them to not fulfill the market demand.

It would be foolish of them to not fulfill afattori's demands.

[emoji12]

Never will be made by HT- however maybe someday another company will get the license and do the Batmobile

Back