Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the best 1/6 '66 Ive ever seen.And I ve seen them all.I do nt know who makes these prototypes for Hot Toys but hes a genius and a master craftsman.And I ve no doubt it will improve before we have it in our homes.

Don't get me wrong, I am all over this and it is a total and utter "must buy" for me. I am not the type to just shoot the spit and argue for the sake of arguing...as many on the other figure threads seem to have the habit.

I grew up loving this car and to me it is the best overall looking of all the Bat's cars. I am also not worried about this being nothing but the prototype either. If either HT or Minimodel's acquaintance do indeed contact the guys at '1966 Batmobile' I am sure that it will look totally stunning in the final version.

Incidentally Minimodel, does your friend know...is this a new prototype or is it an acquired model....as Mattell had a 1/6 Bat at the SDCC show a couple of years back and it had pulses racing, but all came to naught?

Last edited:
Why would they need to contact the guys at '1966 Batmobile'? They're working directly with the source: George Barris himself. There's no need to reference replicas. If they want idealized, they'll go with the dark red stripes, etc. If they want actual prop accuracy they'll go with the florescent "orange" and so on. As it stands the HT prototype on display at SDCC was colored exactly like the Barris car outside... with your dreaded "orange" striping.

Incidentally Minimodel, does your friend know...is this a new prototype or is it an acquired model....as Mattell had a 1/6 Bat at the SDCC show a couple of years back and it had pulses racing, but all came to naught?

Oh,hes not a friend he just sounded like he knew what he was talking about and a lot of people seemed to know him :lol

Why would they need to contact the guys at '1966 Batmobile'? They're working directly with the source: George Barris himself. /QUOTE]

Err,something you need to know about George Barris-He created it 46 years ago,but it was just another customizing job to him-the gig originally went to Dean Jefferies of Monkeemobile and Black Beauty fame,who was going to be working off a '59 Cadillac but ran out of time.George had the '55 Lincoln Futura sitting around(having acquired it from Ford for $1-it cost $250,000 when built!!) and recognized its bat-tential straight away!!It s a bit like asking the guy who built Corvettes in the '60s to be a concours judge at a show-yes,he built them,but wo nt be able to tell you the colour of the original oil filter or what colour the timing marks should be.Thats the enthusiasts job and Eric Setzler,Mark Racop,et al,are the very best.

Why would they need to contact the guys at '1966 Batmobile'? They're working directly with the source: George Barris himself. There's no need to reference replicas. If they want idealized, they'll go with the dark red stripes, etc. If they want actual prop accuracy they'll go with the florescent "orange" and so on. As it stands the HT prototype on display at SDCC was colored exactly like the Barris car outside... with your dreaded "orange" striping.

Like I said, Barris also even takes credit for the Aston Martin DB5 in 007's GOLDFINGER these, despite having nothing to do with it at all...I know, I asked the director Guy Hamilton, so quite what planet he is on these days is anyone's guess.

And you keep referring to the No1 car as it is now...as it is now is a joke. Barris has added so many joke labels and tags on everything that the car (as it is now) is a total disaster.

They should contact the 1966batmobile site because it's full of people who love the car as it appeared on the show.

Barris, to be polite, has not been overly concerned with show-based accuracy. But I want models of the car as it appeared on my television in 1966, not as it appears after nearly fifty years of Barris' additions and revisions.

They should contact the 1966batmobile site because it's full of people who love the car as it appeared on the show.

Barris, to be polite, has not been overly concerned with show-based accuracy. But I want models of the car as it appeared on my television in 1966, not as it appears after nearly fifty years of Barris' additions and revisions.

This was the biggest bind with the Mattel 1:18 range. They spent a whole lot of time and money laser-scanning the body of the #1 in Barris' shop, then included every whacked out sticky label, wicket, gizmo and alteration Barris had put on it in the last half century. There would be little point taking it up with Mr. Barris at this stage.

However, I have already politely suggested to HT (via email and on FB) to contact them, so let's see what happens.

600041_10150929743357344_795645237_n.jpg

One major thing I am excited about is Batman has no rubber on his suit. :lol And finally we'll get a worthwhile Robin for the collection. As hated as Robin can be, I'll be glad to display a Burt Ward Robin. This is such a nostalgic license.

Back