Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Doc Brown MMS617

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swap out hair, as HT usually provides in order to take hats on and off, would've been preferable. Though I'd probably never have them without their hats on anyway.

The hats actually look the weakest part of the outfits, as they appear quite shiny and plasticky.

The colours of Marty's coat and hat may be off too. I was watching the Blu-ray today and was watching for the colours. His coat and hat were both a similar shade of brownish-green, or greenish-brown. His shirt was also darker, or grubbier, as was the bottom of Doc's duster. HT has them both looking very clean.

Nevertheless I'm loving both figures, and thinking of them not just as movie characters, but as western characters. Doubling their role will make them seem cheaper. lol

I have neither the space nor the money for these but these hurt to pass on. My favorite of the trilogy, I love their costumes and and would look great and be very unique in my collection. I've been okay missing out on stuff since (mostly) quitting the 1/6 collecting but these are the first to really make me upset that I won't be able to get.

Agreed. There's not one angle where I see Christopher Lloyd in this. And even if they wanted to have a smiling sculpt instead of one of his more exaggerated expressions, it should still be unmistakably Christopher Lloyd.

The other thing is, as much as I usually prefer sculpted hair, Doc is one character where I think you really need to have rooted hair in back for that thin and wispy look it had. The thick sculpted hair is just way too weird and distracting on the figure.

View attachment 538617
What happened to the old man makeup he was wearing in 1985?

I can only assume Hot Toy's artists have a mental block on what Christopher Lloyd actually looks like.

d8.jpg

There is something cartoony about the sculpt imo, idk its hard to explain. Not sure about those shiny hands to.
Its a shame because the part III Marty sculpt looks amazing.

Are you getting the Doc/Marty pair from all three movies (if they make them)? Wait, there's more even...

1955 Alternate
Yeah I already have the previous figures they made and will get these ones too. The only one I'm not as interested in is Marty in the leather jacket they previewed a while ago.

Back