Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Doc Brown MMS617

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so happy to see these I can't bother to nitpick sculpts at the moment. It's so awesome that they are making Doc's rifle! Never thought I would be getting that in 1/6.

Fingers crossed now they do 1950s Marty and Doc, although I guess they are not as visually appealing as these figures. Chances of any other characters is slim, but the thought of a Biff or (dear Lord please) Mad Dog Tannen may just create a problem with the earth’s gravitational pull.

I have faith another Delorean is coming, they know we want one, they can't be that cruel and show us all these pics with no new Delorean.

The question is which one? The lazy reissue of the first, the flying version that they showed a proto of previously, or the part three version that goes with the new figures? If they somehow could do an all in one version I think everyone would be grateful but I still think it's very unlikely.

I actually don't mind the sculpt. My bigger issue is with the sculpted hair & hat. I know a lot of folks prefer sculpted hair and it makes sense from a production standpoint. However, I'd probably have it rehaired and get a fabric hat. The outfit and accessories are fantastic.

I actually don't mind the sculpt. My bigger issue is with the sculpted hair & hat. I know a lot of folks prefer sculpted hair and it makes sense from a production standpoint. However, I'd probably have it rehaired and get a fabric hat. The outfit and accessories are fantastic.
I agree. You could cut off that plastic hair and even use cotton for hair and it would look better.

Personally I am ecstatic this is being produced. I dont have the same issues with likeness that some people have. I prefer this over another rehash of the open mouth sculpt.

Not loving the likeness either but everything else just looks absolutely fantastic, I can't not order this figure lol.

The Delorean sure is showcased heavily for it to not be solicited for sale.
Yeah, I'm also thinking that a Delorean is much more likely now that it is highlighted in those pics. If you release 4 new BTTF figures, then they should hit while the iron is hot if they are going to do it at all. Strange we got about a week in-between reveals of the part 1 and part 3 figures, though maybe that is part of the strategy. Wait another week to reveal the Delorean or part 2 re-releases or whatever.

wow didn’t think they could actually make a worse sculpt then their previous doc brown but there it is. holy crap that’s the worst likeness I’ve seen from anything hot toys related.

Agreed. There's not one angle where I see Christopher Lloyd in this. And even if they wanted to have a smiling sculpt instead of one of his more exaggerated expressions, it should still be unmistakably Christopher Lloyd.

The other thing is, as much as I usually prefer sculpted hair, Doc is one character where I think you really need to have rooted hair in back for that thin and wispy look it had. The thick sculpted hair is just way too weird and distracting on the figure.

9f535b6810a477055ccef5ba6d9983c8.jpg

Are you serious? This is one of Hot Toys worst sculpts.View attachment 538583

You're pointing out one of HT's biggest sculpting problems. Like with Ripley, Dooku and other character's they forgot to leave enough of a gap between the eyebrows and the eyes to sculpt in eyelids. Also, with both Dooku and Doc (future outfit), they made they eyebrows way to subtle and idealized.

Anyway, really happy we are getting these at all, even if on Doc the facial expression seems a bit undefined. Your adjusted photo really helps sell the humanity in Doc.

It's also really twisted of HT not to have the hats removable. If they could do it on BTTFII 2015 Marty, they should have done it here. It's almost baffling they didn't.

You're pointing out one of HT's biggest sculpting problems. Like with Ripley, Dooku and other character's they forgot to leave enough of a gap between the eyebrows and the eyes to sculpt in eyelids. Also, with both Dooku and Doc (future outfit), they made they eyebrows way to subtle and idealized.

Anyway, really happy we are getting these at all, even if on Doc the facial expression seems a bit undefined. Your adjusted photo really helps sell the humanity in Doc.

It's also really twisted of HT not to have the hats removable. If they could do it on BTTFII 2015 Marty, they should have done it here. It's almost baffling they didn't.
I don’t mind the face sculpt. I do think the hair looks thick and too wide due to the sculpted nature.
And yea, that hats being non removable. Wish they were. Hot Toys know we wish they were. They want more money from us is all. I gave up on HT “doing the right thing” for fans at this point in regards to making the perfect package for a figure.

Back