Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Doc Brown MMS617

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's BTTF dedication.

Makes it hard to choose which DeLorean to get though... 1985 or 1885 or 2015?
I honestly haven't been overly impressed with the previous figures or even the DeLorean I bought a while ago, but my love of BTTF kind of overrides all that I guess. Of course it didn't help before that the collection often felt so incomplete-- you either had a Part 1 Marty and DeLorean without Doc, or a Part 2 Doc and Marty without the flying DeLorean. So at least that's finally starting to get corrected now.

I think those days are long behind us. $250 feels closer to the norm today, given the accessories and different layers of clothing involved.

Like it or not, this is true. These come with two complete looks each and they won't sell huge volume. I'm happy to pay $270 just to get them and I would encourage anyone who wants to see more surprise releases like this to support these figures if you can.

I'm wildly excited for these two. Even after I realized he looks like Jeremy Irons and I can no longer unsee that lol.
doc.jpg

I share the sentiments of many here. Mediocre sculpts? Yes. Overpriced? Yes. Must-haves simply due to being BTTF? Yes.

Hope these sell well and maybe show Hot Toys there is still demand for these older properties. I think there are plenty of newer collectors who were drawn in by Marvel/DC/Star Wars over the past few years who would also be interested in some of these types of figures.

Like the Batman Forever reveals seeing these figures really make me smile even if they are from a lesser entry in the series.

Part 3 is not the best of the trilogy but I think it's underrated and gets too harshly criticized simply because it's not as good as part 1. I rewatched it today and it's packed with fun smile inducing charm, something very lacking in the films of today.

Part 3 is not the best of the trilogy but I think it's underrated and gets too harshly criticized simply because it's not as good as part 1. I rewatched it today and it's packed with fun smile inducing charm, something very lacking in the films of today.
Yes the films of today have definitely caused a lot of previously subpar movies to be cast in a much more favorable light, lol.

But it was a hell of a lot better than part 2 — which was overly depressing and dark.

Part 3 has always been my second favorite. After the grim and convoluted second movie this one brought back the more innocent spirit and straightforward storytelling of the first one again. And plus it's just fun as hell seeing the DeLorean in the Old West.

But it was a hell of a lot better than part 2 — which was overly depressing and dark.

I can understand why some feel this way. I liked the darker angle of part 2 myself. Part 3 was definitely more in-step with the tone of part 1. Overall I would rate part 2 and 3 pretty close to even with part 1 being the best of the trilogy.

I can understand why some feel this way. I liked the darker angle of part 2 myself. Part 3 was definitely more in-step with the tone of part 1. Overall I would rate part 2 and 3 pretty close to even with part 1 being the best of the trilogy.
I've come to like Part 2 a lot more over the years, but it's still a bit clunky and overly cartoony for my taste, and the future scenes are just painfully dated. What I really like about the first and third is you can actually buy that the character have traveled back in time, and are gonna be stuck there a while and have to struggle to get back.

Back