Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A version by Jazzinc may have been slightly better, but judging by other vehicles they’re making I bet it would have cost over a thousand.

I would love the ‘66 Batmobile by Jazzinc but am put off by the price.

If Jazzinc was able to get license the for it, we know it'll cost more but it will be more accurate than this.

Do we?

The Falcon cockpit was kinda crummy, lacking in fine, crisp molded details, which was further obscured by globby paint. And as I recall the BvS Batmobile had a few production issues. Reviewing that product thread, there's some fitting issues, globby paint again, somewhat 'egregious' label placement, like actual stickers instead of printing on the panels.

The JazzInc stuff is made of polystone/resin so it's a lot more prone to breakage than the Hot Toys ABS plastic stuff.

I can't believe what I'm reading here. There is absolutely no way Jazzinc would make a better Delorean than Hot Toys and the price would be literally double what the HT costs. The Jazzinc vehicles have had a lot of various problems and their paint is sloppy as hell. I have a couple of the early dioramas but I quit buying when I noticed a dip in quality and cheaper materials being used than his earlier dios.

Some of the stuff Jazzinc makes is pretty cool but it's lunacy to think they could even touch a HT Delorean.

Last edited:
Do we?

The Falcon cockpit was kinda crummy, lacking in fine, crisp molded details, which was further obscured by globby paint. And as I recall the BvS Batmobile had a few production issues. Reviewing that product thread, there's some fitting issues, globby paint again, somewhat 'egregious' label placement, like actual stickers instead of printing on the panels.

The JazzInc stuff is made of polystone/resin so it's a lot more prone to breakage than the Hot Toys ABS plastic stuff.

Jazzinc seems to listen more to feedback than Hot Toys. Hot Toys only acts when there is a massive backlash. Price cannot definitely compare between the two but competition will definitely bring the best product to the customer.

Some of the stuff Jazzinc makes is pretty cool but it's lunacy to think they could even touch a HT Delorean.

Why not? You don't think that's not possible? I would think a company competing for your money will pull the all the stops so they can to win your business.

Jazzinc would have to put their best effort especially for the price they'll ask for and Hot Toys will have to be on guard with other companies trying to take away opportunities from them.

A version by Jazzinc may have been slightly better, but judging by other vehicles they’re making I bet it would have cost over a thousand.

I would love the ‘66 Batmobile by Jazzinc but am put off by the price.

Also, the shipping from Jazz Inc is quite pricey from what I recall, at least to the United States.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe shipping was several hundred dollars for some of the vehicles I was toying around getting. Whereas, SSC or a US retailer would probably have a price ceiling of about $100?

Yeah there's no way we're not getting the Part 2 figures again. HT clearly realizes that the originals are pretty hard to come by now, and collectors will want them to display them with the new DeLorean.
They have shown Marty disguised and Doc Brown on Yellow shirt version... i think they can do that for the re-release of BTTF II

I guess I'm one of the only ones that's really disappointed with how the wheel conversion turned out. At this scale, the wheels hanging off the bottom like that are just too unsightly... even the eaglemoss version got it wrong, i can't justify getting a 3rd delorean this big with such a fundamental flaw...
I don’t mind this as much. But the reason I don’t mind is that if this is how they look I’ll just remove them and make new mounting brackets to hold the wheels at the correct height. I’ve been waiting forever to get this version and I’ve ordered two. The first one will be getting mounting points added on the rear and underneath and the wheels fixed. This is my all time fave version of the car. They spend so much time flying around in it in the second film it’s the definitive version for me.

I don't have Facebook. Do you know if people had ask for a fix for the wheels on Hot Toys Facebook? It would be great to do some push!

I commented on JC’ FB page saying the wheels are too low. He liked my comment.
I hope he feeds back the things people are pointing out. As mentioned in this thread, I'm sure this isn't the final version. It would be good for them to acknowledge questions and concerns raised in the coming weeks like JC did with the Dock Ock head sculpt.

I’m sure the designers are aware. More likely this flip down wheel design is a compromise in aesthetics, engineering and cost.

Do we?

I can't believe what I'm reading here. There is absolutely no way Jazzinc would make a better Delorean than Hot Toys and the price would be literally double what the HT costs. The Jazzinc vehicles have had a lot of various problems and their paint is sloppy as hell. I have a couple of the early dioramas but I quit buying when I noticed a dip in quality and cheaper materials being used than his earlier dios.

I unfortunately have to agree. I have Rey's speeder on order and am looking forward to it quite a bit, especially considering the crazy low price, but I was so disappointed--completely gutted to be honest--with the sloppy paint and molding in the production Falcon cockpits that I eventually had to cancel mine. I can post screenshots from some of the video reviews that went up a few months ago with the batch I was going to be in if anyone really needs convincing, but it was not good. The subject of complete and total accuracy aside, there is just a level of refinement that Hot Toys is able to give their final production pieces that I don't think he is able to get anywhere close to yet, but hopefully that will come in the future as his operation expands with obtaining more official licenses. All that said, I would have loved to see them take it on as well just to give us options, but personally quite happy that Hot Toys is going to be doing it for now.

Had to preorder this on day one! Still can't believe they are actually making this...

Back