Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody, I have a delorean bttf2 but it arrived with a scratched front.

I thought I'd just replace the piece by asking HT, but it seems I asked for the moon, so I decided to dismantle it and repaint it myself.

Can anyone tell me the exact color they used?

I asked HT but they don't answer me. Like I had asked for the secret formula of Coca Cola"

Attachments

• 20231105_171638.jpg
    20231105_171638.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Yes. It's got a styrofoam clamshell with 2 strap belts. Just slips right in there
Hi, I need to pack my Delorean back to the box. Since it was a nightmare to assemble the front and side frames, I would appreciate to know if somebody tried to remove/unclip them with no breakages.

Hi, I need to pack my Delorean back to the box. Since it was a nightmare to assemble the front and side frames, I would appreciate to know if somebody tried to remove/unclip them with no breakages.
I took a knife and cut the styrofoam to fit the frames along the outside and top of the car. I had snapped one of the clips when I first installed the frames and wasn't going to mess around with removing them and then adding them again later.

They pop out easier than they install, don't stress!

Hello everyone!

I'm having a problem with the driver's door on the delorean. It won't stay open. :cry:

Do any of you know how i could fix this?

thanks in advance for your help.

issue with ratcheted joints on some Gullwing doors

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 14.53.39.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 14.55.43.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 14.55.43.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 14.55.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 14.55.19.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 14.54.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 14.54.49.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The antenna on Docs remote broke in half. When you have this type of break are you just basically SOL or is there a way to even glue something like that? I was thinking maybe clear tape?

393088673_383863277410906_1425472681093452486_n.jpg

The antenna on Docs remote broke in half. When you have this type of break are you just basically SOL or is there a way to even glue something like that? I was thinking maybe clear tape?

View attachment 678805

Depending on how crafty you feel like getting, I think you might try using a Dremel tool, and cutting off the remaining antenna bit at the base, then searching maybe Home Depot or Lowe's to find a similarly sized wire, or small metal rod. Then, using your Dremel, you can drill a small hole at the base of the remote and super glue in the tiny rod. You might want to take the broken rod into the store, and ask them if they have any metal rods of a similar diameter.

Barring that, the break looks somewhat clean, you might be able to just super glue the two parts back together again. Just make sure to use the glue sparingly, so it doesn't ooze out the sides when you glue them together.

Last edited:
Depending on how crafty you feel like getting, I think you might try using a Dremel tool, and cutting off the remaining antenna bit at the base, then searching maybe Home Depot of Lowe's to find a similarly sized wire, or small metal rod. Then, using your Dremel, you can drill a small hole at the base of the remote and super glue in the tiny rod. You might want to take the broken rod into the store, and ask them if they have any metal rods of a similar diameter.

Barring that, the break looks somewhat clean, you might be able to just super glue the two parts back together again. Just make sure to use the glue sparingly, so it doesn't ooze out the sides when you glue them together.
Thanks dude! I'm gonna try for the glue (is there a type you'd recommend?), then if that doesn't work just try the Dremel method. I really appreciate the help!

Depending on how crafty you feel like getting, I think you might try using a Dremel tool, and cutting off the remaining antenna bit at the base, then searching maybe Home Depot or Lowe's to find a similarly sized wire, or small metal rod. Then, using your Dremel, you can drill a small hole at the base of the remote and super glue in the tiny rod. You might want to take the broken rod into the store, and ask them if they have any metal rods of a similar diameter.

Good info, he may get lucky with just that. If not, or it's problematic and doesn't want to hold, another possibility is using heat shrink tubing to help brace it. Clear tubing exists and can be found in very small sizes so that's a start. While they do make silver tubing, it may not be as accurate/shiny unless painted or wrapped with a very thin foil tape/reflective material. Hopefully it won't end up too thick/bulky to stand out.

For example, here's some 3:1 shrinking clear tubes (most is 2:1 so this will be really tight). I'm not sure the exact size of the figure's controller so he might need to shop for thinner but this is a starting point.

https://www.amazon.com/Wirefy-Clear-Heat-Shrink-Tubing/dp/B089D6L839

View attachment 678805
That actually happened to mine too. I was dusting my shelf and knocked the antenna by accident and it snapped. I very carefully applied some super glue and let it lay to dry. Looks good and you’d never even know it broke.

Back