Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be great for those that missed the 2015 versions if they reissued them, but since I already have them, I’m hoping they finally release the ‘alternate 1985/1955’ versions they teased at SDCC several years ago to be able to do a display like this -

View attachment 619568

View attachment 619569
I was actually considering that for a display as I think it would look awesome as hell, but not sure how you'd be able to keep Marty on the car securely. And of course we don't have the right outfit for Doc either.

It’s not thaaat expensive. Now if Inart or Joost ended up doing one that would definitely be soul selling.
Lol. I know but I will have to sell some things to get it. Yeah, that’s one of those things do I wait to see if one of those two will make one or just get this one which will be in shops soon

It’s not thaaat expensive. Now if Inart or Joost ended up doing one that would definitely be soul selling.
Its plenty expensive for us aussies at 1200aud with the rising cost of living. Still, if we really want something, we always find a way. Its just so nostalgic!

Since Present Toys just released their Prt 1 Marty, it only makes sense that they turn their hand to Prt II Doc now.
There must be a whole heap of newer collectors, such as myself, who weren’t in the 1/6 game when HT released the initial figures but have immense love for the movies and had to get this DeLorean.

Seeing as a Prt II Doc would live inside the vehicle, I don’t need a HT update- not that they’d improve the HS anyway- so a cheaper third party option would be best. Hoverboard Marty is also a must and, for the love of God, will somebody give us a Biff/Griff!
Yeah but that marty looks like dog poo

Yeah but that marty looks like dog poo
It really does but if they somehow manage to botch the Doc sculpt even beyond how bad it already is, I can put the HT 2.0 sculpt on the Prt II figure and get a custom for Prt 1.
I’d rather Mars Toys, SooSoo or Toys Era did it but PT seem to be the most likely candidate.

Yep, and a Prt 2 Doc sculpt really doesn't need to be extra special with those futuristic glasses on either.

I'd be happier with a cheaper 3rd party alternative, just to have that option.
In all honesty the 2015 HT Doc sculpt never really bothered me, ok it wasn't perfect, far from it, I always wanted rooted hair but it wasn't a deal breaker.
HT reusing that sculpt though for 1985 Doc was just a slap in the face to all the fans. Considering that first Doc fig came out so long ago its pretty incredible they reused that sculpt again, not even changing the sculpt to get rid of the holes for the glasses. :gah:

Had my part 2 set up for sale but had a change of heart, for some reason I think the part 2 look better than part 1.

Scored this Last year for an insanely good price. Wish I had the space for the delorean.

PXL_20221213_102538422.jpg

Last edited:
I was actually considering that for a display as I think it would look awesome as hell, but not sure how you'd be able to keep Marty on the car securely. And of course we don't have the right outfit for Doc either.
they actually teased the proper outfits at SDCC a few years back when they first teased the BTTF II DeLorean. Just remove the leather jacket and fedora on Marty and the black overcoat on Doc and voila! Doc is in the cargo pants with the train shirt. Still hoping they release these.

F5DAF514-B0AF-4E7B-B666-7DC1A9809527.png

In terms of keeping Marty on the hood, a little blue tac on the bottom of the shoes should work!

Interesting in part 2 there were 2 different deloreans for filming. One has no bottom vents blocking the tail lights while the other scenes have it covered. Was wondering if that's why hot toys didn't light up the bottom vents covering the taillights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122_230820_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122_230820_YouTube.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230122_230931_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122_230931_YouTube.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 0
they actually teased the proper outfits at SDCC a few years back when they first teased the BTTF II DeLorean. Just remove the leather jacket and fedora on Marty and the black overcoat on Doc and voila! Doc is in the cargo pants with the train shirt. Still hoping they release these.

View attachment 619708

In terms of keeping Marty on the hood, a little blue tac on the bottom of the shoes should work!
Man those wheels are awfulll glad they fixed this

Interesting in part 2 there were 2 different deloreans for filming. One has no bottom vents blocking the tail lights while the other scenes have it covered. Was wondering if that's why hot toys didn't light up the bottom vents covering the taillights.
I still prefer the black cooling vents from that scene. It really made them stand out more on the car, and I'm almost tempted to repaint mine that way.

View attachment 619708

I never noticed this before but they even went to the trouble of printing the newspaper from the end of part 2!

The DeLorean with the black vents wasn't actually a proper vehicle, was a fibreglass panelled mock-up that was used for the flying scenes & hover-conversion mode, purely so it could be moved around with ease, lowered by a forklift to simulate landing, etc... I have no idea as to why they chose not to complete the lower section of the vents though.

If you watch the landing scene as Doc's waiting for the rain to stop, as he opens the door you can see that the finish inside the car isn't quite up to par & as he bumps the steering wheel it wobbles as it's not connected particularly securely.

The moment the DeLorean touches down & scene cuts to the wider front shot, the car is back to being a genuine DeLorean again.

View attachment 619708

I wouldn’t trust blu tac as it tends to leave an oily residue when left over time.

View attachment 619708

I wouldn’t trust blu tac as it tends to leave an oily residue when left over time.
Great note as I wouldn’t want to affect the simulated stainless finish!
You might be able to do it with magnets. I’m using one here with the existing magnet in the shoe and one under the bench he’s standing on.

12C04284-E085-48CA-ADDD-811D47995C0D.jpeg

Back