Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its because its an original delorean modified which is why i dont see a reissue happening. I still think if you want a delorean to buy one now because i can see the price of them going one way the closer it gets to the figures releasing

Also, ive just stumbled across this and its full of win

5v29gdz920m41.jpg

Yeah it’s a brown horizontal band around the car
It may be common then - in which case it wouldn't bother me too much. I hate when my stuff has flaws that other people's same stuff does not.

By the way I've been looking into getting Moducase for my toys and I understand from Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2 that you got them. What was your experience like in the end? Any regrets? Did you get hammered by customs?

It may be common then - in which case it wouldn't bother me too much. I hate when my stuff has flaws that other people's same stuff does not.

By the way I've been looking into getting Moducase for my toys and I understand from Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2 that you got them. What was your experience like in the end? Any regrets? Did you get hammered by customs?
Yeah it must be a common issue with them.
Very odd it has turned brown along there.

Oh yeah I got Moducase. I got 6 DF120’s and 3 DF60’s with drawer risers and 4 figure stands.
It takes a while to put them together and the drawers are tough to assemble.
Over all I love them. Actually wish I’d gotten another 3 DF60 haha.
My order including shipping was 2700 and customs got me for 860. Ouch!!
But it was worth it. I think they are great and figures looks great in them.
I’ll post a pic if you’d like?

Yeah it must be a common issue with them.
Very odd it has turned brown along there.

Oh yeah I got Moducase. I got 6 DF120’s and 3 DF60’s with drawer risers and 4 figure stands.
It takes a while to put them together and the drawers are tough to assemble.
Over all I love them. Actually wish I’d gotten another 3 DF60 haha.
My order including shipping was 2700 and customs got me for 860. Ouch!!
But it was worth it. I think they are great and figures looks great in them.
I’ll post a pic if you’d like?
Please do, I'm eating up any and all pics to help me decide what to get.

Looking at youtube videos I think assembly is doable for me. Mainly it'll be the time it takes as you said, the chaotic mess I'll be dealing with moving stuff around and maybe the weight when stacking them will be troublesome.

That is a hefty enough customs bill though. :gah:

Looking at youtube videos I think assembly is doable for me. Mainly it'll be the time it takes as you said, the chaotic mess I'll be dealing with moving stuff around and maybe the weight when stacking them will be troublesome.

Justin on the stream yesterday was saying the shelves are a pain to install, the instructions aren’t great and the corner ones don’t come with instructions at all and he had to ring them etc etc. for that price that seems unforgivable, my $10 vacuum cleaner comes with instructions!

I'm not seeing any discoloration on mine thankfully. Just a whole lot of dust.
Oh really? Wonder why mine and the HT one has.

I’m ill at the moment and I was able to put them together and stack them.
Slow and steady is the way to do it.
Yeah the customs bill was pricey but I feel it was worth it.
Here is a pic of my cases. It’s not full as I’m moving stuff around. My ecto1 and ghostbusters and my Bagend diorama are going in to it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 97647E80-422A-458A-8E6F-F1D41DC673FA.jpeg
    97647E80-422A-458A-8E6F-F1D41DC673FA.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 96

Follow the instructions and watch some youtube and you'll be right. I'm a bit mechanically minded though, so whilst fiddly, it wasn't difficult, although the MAX 150s are a PITA.

Hint if you get them, lay them down to stack them, it makes it so much easier to align the sliders that lock into place. Leave the sliders in place until you have all 4 where you want them, and then tighten. They're built with some pretty tight tolerances. They're not particularly heavy at all, I have 4 stacked, and moving it around wasn't particularly difficult. They're just an aluminium frame.

I originally tried stacking my first ones on top of one another, it was... annoying.

Here is a pic of my cases. It’s not full as I’m moving stuff around. My ecto1 and ghostbusters and my Bagend diorama are going in to it tomorrow.
Thanks for the pic. They look terrific.

Do you think the 'enhanced 30kg cube load' is necessary for something like the Batmobile or is that pretty much just for big F-off statues?

At the moment I'm thinking 9 DF120s, 2 stacks of 3 on one wall and a single stack of 3 on another wall. They'd have top-boards so I can put stuff on top for certain larger, taller items. They'd be left exposed to dust but it has been wrecking my head trying to figure out how to incorporate them within the units - I'd need DF130s and that complicates things. DF120s with space on top keeps it simpler. I'd probably get drawer risers at the bottom aswell, plus a mixture of full and half shelves.

I wish I could space out the purchase though since it'll be pretty expensive even before shipping and customs - but with the wait-time on these that's not really viable.

Follow the instructions and watch some youtube and you'll be right. I'm a bit mechanically minded though, so whilst fiddly, it wasn't difficult, although the MAX 150s are a PITA.

Hint if you get them, lay them down to stack them, it makes it so much easier to align the sliders that lock into place. Leave the sliders in place until you have all 4 where you want them, and then tighten. They're built with some pretty tight tolerances. They're not particularly heavy at all, I have 4 stacked, and moving it around wasn't particularly difficult. They're just an aluminium frame.

I originally tried stacking my first ones on top of one another, it was... annoying.
Thanks. So if I'm understanding right your suggestion is to lay them horizontal on their backs, align everything, tighten it and then lift it upright?

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic. They look terrific.

Do you think the 'enhanced 30kg cube load' is necessary for something like the Batmobile or is that pretty much just for big F-off statues?

At the moment I'm thinking 9 DF120s, 2 stacks of 3 on one wall and a single stack of 3 on another wall. They'd have top-boards so I can put stuff on top for certain larger, taller items. They'd be left exposed to dust but it has been wrecking my head trying to figure out how to incorporate them within the units - I'd need DF130s and that complicates things. DF120s with space on top keeps it simpler. I'd probably get drawer risers at the bottom aswell, plus a mixture of full and half shelves.

I wish I could space out the purchase though since it'll be pretty expensive even before shipping and customs - but with the wait-time on these that's not really viable.

I have been considering these as well. I intend to move in the next 1-2 years though and that makes me feel I should wait. A couple other things that hold me back are the high price and the fact that plexiglass tends to easily scratch and is not a particularly high quality material.

Here in the US we have Gladiator shelves which are very high quality sturdy metal construction, relatively cheap($100-$200), and adjustable to any height you want. The drawbacks are they don't look as classy, are not enclosed at all, and you would have to do your own lights.

I just keep kicking the can down the road because I don't know what to do :dunno

I have been considering these as well. I intend to move in the next 1-2 years though and that makes me feel I should wait. A couple other things that hold me back are the high price and the fact that plexiglass tends to easily scratch and is not a particularly high quality material.

Here in the US we have Gladiator shelves which are very high quality sturdy metal construction, relatively cheap($100-$200), and adjustable to any height you want. The drawbacks are they don't look as classy, are not enclosed at all, and you would have to do your own lights.

I just keep kicking the can down the road because I don't know what to do :dunno
This has been an interesting conversation. Earlier this year I spent weeks measuring, researching, and even using an online software program to create a 3D model of my collection room with the Moducases inside. Still can’t bring myself to pull the trigger though. At that price, I especially hate the idea of locking myself into one display setup. I was looking at the DF cabinets and I’ve already preordered a couple things this summer that would have not fit into them had I decided to order that size case. Knowing how easily acrylic scratches plus how much it attracts dust is also a bit of a put off. I went ahead and just got a couple of the Gladiator shelves for the time being to try out, and I like them. They definitely looked like they would be the most reliable of all those types of garage shelving, especially with the extra bar that goes under the middle of each shelf. My only real complaint is that they say GLADIATOR on them in big f@&%ing letters everywhere. I also have really started to appreciate having stuff out in the open instead of behind glass so now I don’t even know if I would want enclosed cases anymore. So personally I’m trying to decide if I want to replace my 8 detolfs with more Gladiator shelves, order Moducases, or try and install some custom shelving. If they offered a cheaper Moducase without any of the acrylic I actually think I would want to go for that, personally.

This has been an interesting conversation. Earlier this year I spent weeks measuring, researching, and even using an online software program to create a 3D model of my collection room with the Moducases inside. Still can’t bring myself to pull the trigger though. At that price, I especially hate the idea of locking myself into one display setup. I was looking at the DF cabinets and I’ve already preordered a couple things this summer that would have not fit into them had I decided to order that size case. Knowing how easily acrylic scratches plus how much it attracts dust is also a bit of a put off. I went ahead and just got a couple of the Gladiator shelves for the time being to try out, and I like them. They definitely looked like they would be the most reliable of all those types of garage shelving, especially with the extra bar that goes under the middle of each shelf. My only real complaint is that they say GLADIATOR on them in big f@&%ing letters everywhere. I also have really started to appreciate having stuff out in the open instead of behind glass so now I don’t even know if I would want enclosed cases anymore. So personally I’m trying to decide if I want to replace my 8 detolfs with more Gladiator shelves, order Moducases, or try and install some custom shelving. If they offered a cheaper Moducase without any of the acrylic I actually think I would want to go for that, personally.

My process has definitely been similar to yours. I just took measurements and did a rough sketch of my collection room. I was looking at a bunch of their Max shelves and probably some of the others too. It was going to cost like $8k and I decided I need to move first before committing to that sort of setup. But since I have ordered at least one 1/3 scale statue that is definitely too tall for even the Max 140 plus which kinda turns me off.

So I have really come around to the idea of eventually buying a bunch of Gladiator shelves and modding them to look nicer. Add lights. Cut large sheets of thin plywood, paint them black and use them to close up the back walls. Cut and paint thin trim pieces to match the ugly front adjustable vertical pillars, then glue magnets to the back of the trim pieces to cover all those unsightly adjustable holes. I really like the idea of adjustable shelves and the price can't be beat. They also support an incredible amount of weight.

is it the 45 or 60 in terms of depth?

Back