Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold my HT delorean recently with marty too. Didnt feel the need to have a "babies toy" ;) as i decided to get the real deal.
delo.jpg

I'm fine with a part 2 Delorean as long as it can be turned back into the part 1 look. If not it would be odd to make a part 2 Delorean to go with part 1 Doc and Marty.

I just hope they make it so the time circuits light up this time.

If they make another Delorean Part two should definitely be priority as they already made part one. And based on the past the figures should be irrelevant as they also made the part one car but skipped part one Doc in favor of part two on the first go round.

I think it would probably be much less jarring to have the Part 1 figures alongside the Part 2 DeLorean than the other way around. The missing Mr Fusion has always stood out like crazy in the displays I've seen.

If they re-released the Tumbler, the odds are quite high for a new Delorean.
Let's make sure we let them know on their Facebook page!

The case of Plutonium with the Doc fig, made me think if the HT DeLorean has a space to put the plutonium. I have not even removed the cap until a few moments ago, to see if there is a space for the bottle of plutonium.

DSCF1927.JPG
DSCF1928.JPG

Looks like there is a void to put the bottle of plutonium, glad I ordered the Deluxe Doc fig now.

I think if this was going to be reissued it would have been announced with Doc and Marty.

I don’t think Hot Toys have ever announced a vehicle at a separate time to figures
Technically, they announced the Part II Delorean years ago. It just never came out. Would they announce it again?

The case of Plutonium with the Doc fig, made me think if the HT DeLorean has a space to put the plutonium. I have not even removed the cap until a few moments ago, to see if there is a space for the bottle of plutonium.

View attachment 537695View attachment 537694
Looks like there is a void to put the bottle of plutonium, glad I ordered the Deluxe Doc fig now.
Looks about the right size.......don't get my hopes up !!

The fact they went out of their way not to include it any of the new Doc and Marty photos makes me think it's not happening.
I assume you mean the car happening, not the plutonium bottle fitting in the Delorean? If yu mean the car re-release it's included in four of the new Doc/Marty photos, including two that showcase most of the car (ie not just a part of it semi out of focus.) So there is reason for hope. And someone mentioned a date in the next week or so that had been hinted at via Toy Sapiens that might mean a new major BTTF announcement?

That being said, Han Bespin in Leia Bespin's promo pics meant nothing (yet was seen at the time as concrete indication Han was coming soon) so the inclusion of the car in these preview pics doesn't mean much.

I assume you mean the car happening, not the plutonium bottle fitting in the Delorean? If yu mean the car re-release it's included in four of the new Doc/Marty photos, including two that showcase most of the car (ie not just a part of it semi out of focus.) So there is reason for hope. And someone mentioned a date in the next week or so that had been hinted at via Toy Sapiens that might mean a new major BTTF announcement?

That being said, Han Bespin in Leia Bespin's promo pics meant nothing (yet was seen at the time as concrete indication Han was coming soon) so the inclusion of the car in these preview pics doesn't mean much.
Yeah, but c'mon how many other pics have they had with teases which did eventuate. Plenty.

May be a chance it is announced before the 18th, when the new Retro Toy Sapiens store in Tokyo opens with the BTTF event.

Ah, that's the date I had stuck in my head. If it's going to be announced, that is the date.
:pray: :pray: :pray:
It only makes the most sense.

Hot Toys/Toy Sapiens would def not capitalize on the buisness at the new store if they annouce the DeLorean after the 18th.
I am going there on the 18th so we will see!

Like I said in another post. If they are going to capitolize on sales, especially at the store with the BTTF event, they would want to have it available for preorder by the 18th so people could buy the Marty in store and preorder both the DeLorean and Doc. If you think about it as well, only reason really they should include an Einstein to have a wearable stopwatch would be to put it in the DeLorean. That was the only time he wore it. On top of the fact HT clearly wants to recreate a display with Einstein in the car and Doc and Marty recording the test.

I have the original DeLorean, so I am in no need of a reissue, but I do hope collectors have the chance at it again. It really is my centerpiece in my collection.

Last edited:
Like I said in another post. If they are going to capitolize on sales, especially at the store with the BTTF event, they would want to have it available for preorder by the 18th so people could buy the Marty in store and preorder both the DeLorean and Doc. If you think about it as well, only reason really they should include an Einstein to have a wearable stopwatch would be to put it in the DeLorean. That was the only time he wore it. On top of the fact HT clearly wants to recreate a display with Einstein in the car and Doc and Marty recording the test.

I have the original DeLorean, so I am in no need of a reissue, but I do hope collectors have the chance at it again. It really is my centerpiece in my collection.
Yeah I was saying this a few days ago - Einstein's only real purpose in the movie is to sit in the Delorean (he doesn't do much else with Doc or Marty, so why include him?) and he's even sculpted in the "sitting in the car seat" pose. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have Einstein just sitting alongside the figures wearing the stopwatch (both stopwatches with Doc) because he really does nothing much other than the car, so it's a pointless display.

I mean they show Einstein in the car four times (they go to the trouble of including the second stopwatch, yet the only time they picture it on the dog figure is when its sitting in the car)....

marty-mcfly-and-einstein_back-to-the-future_gallery_6137bd83b383c.jpg

doc-brown-deluxe-version_back-to-the-future_gallery_6137c4e2812fb.jpg

doc-brown-deluxe-version_back-to-the-future_gallery_6137c4e451331.jpg

But again, you don't want to get ahead of anything assumption-wise when it comes to HT. :dunno

Yeah I was saying this a few days ago - Einstein's only real purpose in the movie is to sit in the Delorean (he doesn't do much else with Doc or Marty, so why include him?) and he's even sculpted in the "sitting in the car seat" pose. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have Einstein just sitting alongside the figures wearing the stopwatch (both stopwatches with Doc) because he really does nothing much other than the car, so it's a pointless display.

I mean they show Einstein in the car four times (they go to the trouble of including the second stopwatch, yet the only time they picture it on the dog figure is when its sitting in the car)....

marty-mcfly-and-einstein_back-to-the-future_gallery_6137bd83b383c.jpg

doc-brown-deluxe-version_back-to-the-future_gallery_6137c4e451331.jpg

But again, you don't want to get ahead of anything assumption-wise when it comes to HT. :dunno
Yea, and the fact that the DeLorean came out years ago, to promote these figures in such a display heavily relied on the DeLorean only makes sense that things point to a reissue. It would be different if the DeLorean came out recently.
I have the original DeLorean, so I will not buy the reissue. That being said, I do hope for improvements, because there were some things lacking with the original one. One big thing for me was that the time circuits did NOT light up, which to me was a huge bummer. Everything else mostly did, except one of the most famous aspects of the car outside the flux capacitor and *Mr. Fusion*. Also Marty barely fit in for me, so I never even attempted to put the part 2 Doc inside. BTTF is my fav movie, so my Delorean is my centerpiece. I got it when it first came out for retail, so happy about that, but they need to also improve things with the car in regards to internal lighting. I also wish there was like a thin layer of carpet or soft material by the pedals, because there is no detail there. I don’t need the seats to be soft goods. The plastic was fine. I don’t even need to see pedals. But it was just a tad unsightly since the other details are amazing.

Last edited:
If they really do this, I hope it's not only a straight reissue, but with some improvements.

My modded Eaglemoss Delorean is already almost perfect. But it's 1:8...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg