Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main issue here would be cost. I have no idea what it costs to tool all the parts of something like the Delorean or the Tumbler, but i know moulding for a normal plastic kettle body is about £26,000(Just that one main body part), so i'd expect the tooling cost for the entire Delorean to be in the hundreds of thousands. Whatever company HT uses to make their parts(It might be a different company for each type of material, or it could be some huge one that does everything), they will foot the bill for the tooling and charge HT "Per Item" for the resultant parts, expecting the recoup their cost based on volume. HT have already repopped the Tumbler twice(Original, Black one, Camo one), and seem to be doing so again, so they will be well in profits with that one. I'm surprised they never dipped back into the BTTF franchise, but perhaps they are waiting for prices on originals to rise high enough that their inevitable price hike on the Delorean still seems cheap compared to Ebay prices. I've recently been testing the waters on selling my Delorean(Even before the new Marty was announced), and there has been interest but not huge interest, so perhaps HT will be waiting till interest is peaking to bring out a new version of the D.
The only reason i mention this is that it would be a HUUUGE expense to retool the Delorean for a single repop. They will only remake the original one(If at all), with the same tooling to save on work that has already been done. If they could replicate the mechanism that Fujimi used on their 1/24 Delorean for the hover conversion, that would be amazing.
Totally agree. For vehicles this size tooling is more than probably metal tooling, so depending how well they have been stored, they could definitely be re-used. At my work we use softer aluminium tooling for prototyping, but even they are suitable for a couple of thousand shots, so I'm sure they would be using original tooling for a relatively low runner like this.

It simply gives them more return on their initial investment for those new collectors etc who don't have it. So no D&D development costs etc. Unless they can easily make mods to the flying version and make a deluxe version to tempt even existing owners as well.

Looking good !!!!!

I have only 2 questions,

1). Where is Einstein ?
2). What is Doc controlling with the remote ?

IMG_2715.jpg

Last edited:
Totally agree. For vehicles this size tooling is more than probably metal tooling, so depending how well they have been stored, they could definitely be re-used. At my work we use softer aluminium tooling for prototyping, but even they are suitable for a couple of thousand shots, so I'm sure they would be using original tooling for a relatively low runner like this.

It simply gives them more return on their initial investment for those new collectors etc who don't have it. So no D&D development costs etc. Unless they can easily make mods to the flying version and make a deluxe version to tempt even existing owners as well.
Exactly. If they re-release the D, I’ll be ordering two. And going balls to the wall doing a Hover conversion on at least one.

I'd fine with a straight up reissue of the Delorean. Just make the time circuits light up this time please Hot Toys.

Sold the one I had to fund a Prime 1 Hush Superman purchase but would definitely buy again at retail now there appears to be a part 1 Doc on the way.

Haha I was thinking exactly the same thing. Half of those Youtubers know less than I do on many things.

The fact that they are "on TV" doesn't mean they are all knowing.
First - I never said Danoby2 or anybody else on youtube is all knowing. I like Danoby2, he is entertaining. I don't think he is an oracle, if you go back and read other posts I have made, I speak out against youtubers who claim to have "inside" knowledge. But never mind that. I don't know if Hot Toys has been in financial problems, it makes sense with all the rereleases. Covid could have brought them down. I don't know. Does anyone know anything?

Second - I think most youtubers (not all) are full of **** and I strongly dislike that they sway people to buy figures for stupid reasons. Especially new collectors. "This figure will have a low production run." So ******* what? And how the **** do you know, smuck? Anyway ...

Love the Doc Brown. Love it. I'll take a two pack any day.

Now, if they re-release the Delorean ... phew ...

I really like that Hot Toys is re-visiting the franchise.

First - I never said Danoby2 or anybody else on youtube is all knowing. I like Danoby2, he is entertaining. I don't think he is an oracle, if you go back and read other posts I have made, I speak out against youtubers who claim to have "inside" knowledge. But never mind that. I don't know if Hot Toys has been in financial problems, it makes sense with all the rereleases. Covid could have brought them down. I don't know. Does anyone know anything?

Second - I think most youtubers (not all) are full of **** and I strongly dislike that they sway people to buy figures for stupid reasons. Especially new collectors. "This figure will have a low production run." So ******* what? And how the **** do you know, smuck? Anyway ...

Love the Doc Brown. Love it. I'll take a two pack any day.

Now, if they re-release the Delorean ... phew ...

I really like that Hot Toys is re-visiting the franchise.
Wasn't having a go at you man. Just a general comment. Sorry, I guess it could have been interpreted that way. All good.

i think Danoby2 speculated with some other guy, what the reason for all the rereleases could be.That was one of them.
Anyway, i like that Doc Brown, even though it's the re used head sculpt. Think this is neat. ^_^

Back