Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to put out the flying DeLorean they teased, not the part 1 version. It wouldn't make sense with the Marty they are making or the Doc they should make but since when does HT make sense. At least this should make everyone at least somewhat happy.

The sculpt isn't the same but it's still off and looks bigger. Still cool that they are revisiting this given how crazy the prices are. Seriously though give us Doc Part 1!!!

Also am I the only one seeing a hint of Tom Holland in this? Looks super round. 🤦
View attachment 535293
Here is a good comparison. Very similar, essentially the same expression, but the newer one looks a bit rounder in the face and has different hair.

Here is a good comparison. Very similar, essentially the same expression, but the newer one looks a bit rounder in the face and has different hair.
Yeah I looked at that and thought could be different, but the roundness could also be from camera lensing.

If you take away some roundness it could look similar ?? But as always need to wait to see video or other better shots.

They need to put out the flying DeLorean they teased, not the part 1 version. It wouldn't make sense with the Marty they are making or the Doc they should make but since when does HT make sense. At least this should make everyone at least somewhat happy.
So I'm no expert, but could they have a deluxe where both versions could be incorporated into one with some swap out parts ? Or are they too different from another ?

I guess a). they would probably never go to the extra work at this point and b). both versions of Marty and Doc would need to be re-issued ??

My guess is those Libyans will not be a part of BTTF for too much longer - CGI neo-nazis here we come. :lol
Don’t forget that Spielberg got rid of the gun towards the end of ET and then put it back. Plus Zemeckis is one of the few big name directors who pretty sure had never changed his films from the theatrical versions.

I’m not doubting you, but I put the pic right next to my Marty and if they are different sculpts its a very minimal difference (at least to my imperfect eyes).
It’s cool. When you have it in hand you will see. But the sculpt on the original was too tall. They appear to have reduced the height fractionally while widening the hair and giving him less of a forehead. It’s just minor. But I did a few resculpts on the original one and the difference is noticeable.

The sculpt isn't the same but it's still off and looks bigger. Still cool that they are revisiting this given how crazy the prices are. Seriously though give us Doc Part 1!!!

Also am I the only one seeing a hint of Tom Holland in this? Looks super round. 🤦
View attachment 535293

Based on this pic alone, I think that I prefer the original. Neither are perfect captures of MJF, though.

Yeah, the original looks better despite both missing the mark. Just for laughs I showed the newer sculpt to non-collecting friends and none of them think it looks like Fox.

That said I think for those who missed out they should definitely get it since you also get Einstein, it's a far better deal than the current market price for the original figure.

I have the original, I'm just happy they are going back to this franchise. A few people (Danoby2 among them) said Hot toys had been in financial problems. Hopefully all these rereleases are just to get them back on track. I would LOVE a re-release of the Delorean and a Doc 1. I don't think we will get the Doc, sadly, but hope is free

I have the original, I'm just happy they are going back to this franchise. A few people (Danoby2 among them) said Hot toys had been in financial problems. Hopefully all these rereleases are just to get them back on track. I would LOVE a re-release of the Delorean and a Doc 1. I don't think we will get the Doc, sadly, but hope is free
Danoby said that?
I wouldn’t trust a thing that guy says. How does he imply he got that information?

Danoby said that?
I wouldn’t trust a thing that guy says. How does he imply he got that information?
Haha I was thinking exactly the same thing. Half of those Youtubers know less than I do on many things.

The fact that they are "on TV" doesn't mean they are all knowing.

Haha I was thinking exactly the same thing. Half of those Youtubers know less than I do on many things.

The fact that they are "on TV" doesn't mean they are all knowing.

I wouldn’t trust that brain dead numpty as far as I could throw him.
I used to watch his videos but some of the things he said had me switching off. He often criticised parts on a figure which were accessories used in the movie(Like he was moaning that they were added, or wondered what they were).
I wouldn’t believe his “facts” if I were faced with nothing else to believe.

Be just my luck HT release a new DeLorean which is not under scaled this time. The old HT DMC was undersized.

I don't think you have to worry about this, HT isn't exactly going the extra mile on all these annoying re-releases. If they make it they will either copy the original or make a modified flying version.

For what it’s worth I just measured mine (never heard about it being under scaled before). If these measurements I found on Google are correct then the HT is spot on.
28.5 inches long, wheelbase 16.25” and width (including side mirrors) 13” and 7.5” tall (doors closed). Bear in mind I wasn’t being super finicky about getting it down to the millimetre and there is the flux bands on the front making it a little longer than a real one.
F266C31B-3A2E-4668-A195-26B3E032322B.jpeg

Be just my luck HT release a new DeLorean which is not under scaled this time. The old HT DMC was undersized.
The main issue here would be cost. I have no idea what it costs to tool all the parts of something like the Delorean or the Tumbler, but i know moulding for a normal plastic kettle body is about £26,000(Just that one main body part), so i'd expect the tooling cost for the entire Delorean to be in the hundreds of thousands. Whatever company HT uses to make their parts(It might be a different company for each type of material, or it could be some huge one that does everything), they will foot the bill for the tooling and charge HT "Per Item" for the resultant parts, expecting the recoup their cost based on volume. HT have already repopped the Tumbler twice(Original, Black one, Camo one), and seem to be doing so again, so they will be well in profits with that one. I'm surprised they never dipped back into the BTTF franchise, but perhaps they are waiting for prices on originals to rise high enough that their inevitable price hike on the Delorean still seems cheap compared to Ebay prices. I've recently been testing the waters on selling my Delorean(Even before the new Marty was announced), and there has been interest but not huge interest, so perhaps HT will be waiting till interest is peaking to bring out a new version of the D.
The only reason i mention this is that it would be a HUUUGE expense to retool the Delorean for a single repop. They will only remake the original one(If at all), with the same tooling to save on work that has already been done. If they could replicate the mechanism that Fujimi used on their 1/24 Delorean for the hover conversion, that would be amazing.

Back