HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay but that means you don't have to buy anything else then? Or you just buy stuff for one person, have low bills and don't have a large savings account. Each month you make roughly $1500 right? Half hour lunch each day turns an 8 hour day to a 7.5 hour day. Five days a week means 37.5 hours a week at $10 yields $375 per week. Each paycheck then is $750. Roughly two pay checks a month goes to $1500 a month. You have 8 figures coming NOW and if each cost $200 then that is $1600. More than you make in a month. Plus you have 4 $200 Predators but I didn't count those.

All of that is an assumption and I am honestly trying to figure out how you can afford that plus the costs of living. But since you work under the table that means the government doesn't know you make money so then I guess you could get government housing and food stamps. But thats all doubtful. Not trying to hate on you again bro, just trying to understand how you can spend so much.

No biggie bro. I have a 2-hour lunch break I work 8-hours.
I have a savings account, as well as a checking account. I'm able to afford all these figures, because I just sold my Wolf bust, for $1,300 and the $500+++ I just made by selling Marcus, Bats, and the Joker.

Also:lol I've been saving ALOT so...... I have $2,000 saved up for collectibles alone(I've got money pockets for things such as car parts, clothing, games, ect). I'm 18, and still living with the parents:lol
So you can imagine that helps too....although I pay rent, and alittle $$ for utilities too.

You're 16 and you have a PayPal??

Good lord, I feel so alone. With me, I just save my hundred dollar bills until the on-going tab in my head runs dry. Then I pay back my folks (who cover the payments originally). I just keep track of it all until it's gone. Then it's easier to calculate how much to pay them -- all of it. Duh. It works out pretty well... but not very independant for this sorta thing.

Same here. That and my two Terminator Salvation Endo's.... Those guys just look too cool. I keep 'em downstairs with my NECA T2's. Better to keep the AVP and Terminator stuff seperate, plus I need more room since my AVP collection is getting out of hand. That is, unless I sell my NECA and McF stuff. 'Bout time.

No biggie bro. I have a 2-hour lunch break I work 8-hours.
I have a savings account, as well as a checking account. I'm able to afford all these figures, because I just sold my Wolf bust, for $1,300 and the $500+++ I just made by selling Marcus, Bats, and the Joker.

Also:lol I've been saving ALOT so...... I have $2,000 saved up for collectibles alone(I've got money pockets for things such as car parts, clothing, games, ect). I'm 18, and still living with the parents:lol
So you can imagine that helps too....although I pay rent, and alittle $$ for utilities too.
Nice plan bro! I will be doing that too but hopefully in college. Gotta get a good education to make them big bucks.
You're 16 and you have a PayPal??

Good lord, I feel so alone. With me, I just save my hundred dollar bills until the on-going tab in my head runs dry. Then I pay back my folks (who cover the payments originally). I just keep track of it all until it's gone. Then it's easier to calculate how much to pay them -- all of it. Duh. It works out pretty well... but not very independant for this sorta thing.
Yes sir! All money made at work is, like said, saved for life expenses.
Also forgot to mention, that I'll be selling everything in my collection that's NOT Predator, or Alien related.

I'm trying to narrow down my collecting habit.
Same here though. It's hard for me to do that.

I agree :D :D :D any plans on selling your celtic blade? (just curious)

Hell's no ;)! What one thing would I save if my house burned down... I always thought that years from now, when I sell all of my collectibles, I'd keep one or so. Celtic is that one. Plus he means a lot. I've wanted one for years and it took a lot to cross the line and unload more cash than I've ever unloaded before out of pocket for him. Got him for a great price (thanks Karamazov80! :)), and he's not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Even though i will not buy anymore AVP to collect the line (Celtic and Scar) i still have love for HT AVP. This AVP line got me into collecting 1/6th scale. I remember when i bought chopper from ebay, i wasn't sure if it was worth it at the time. When i got it, i was amazed by the detail of it. I was hooked ever since.. Thank you AVP! :)

Hey endlessrain how do you futz your avp dreads like that? do you start from side to side or the back first?.... also could you post some shots of the back of your avp preds... I seem to have so much trouble with the dreds in the back

This is actually a good bump, since EndIess, you did say you'd have some pics of your custom open-mouthed Scar or something like that :).

Hey endlessrain how do you futz your avp dreads like that? do you start from side to side or the back first?.... also could you post some shots of the back of your avp preds... I seem to have so much trouble with the dreds in the back

I start side to side. Actually try to get as much onto the side as possible when you first start so you don't get stuck with too many hairs to deal with in the back. Let me see if I have any back shots of any AVP Preds...NOPE! Nothing that can be helpful right now. I'll see if I get some time later and take some pics for you. Taking pics is easy. Uploading it onto my slow @$$ laptop is the tough part.

This is actually a good bump, since EndIess, you did say you'd have some pics of your custom open-mouthed Scar or something like that :).

Yea it's still on it's way here. Seb had sent it last week and I should get it sometime middle of next week I think. Let me find the pics Seb had posted of just the head. And I'll take full body shots after it gets here.

Found it!

Thought i would post the Scar head i did for my friend Endlessrain.
It's an AVP Elder head repainted.

Hope you will like it buddy, it's on his way to you now.

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

IMG_8100.jpg

Aw, nice! The eyes are very well done, and I love the skin color! Yeah, please post some pics of the fully-suited badass when the head arrives ;).

IMHO, in that kind of combat armor, a chubby Pred would look out of place. It works in P1 and in P2, but I think AVP called for a different look. But hey, in AVP2 Wolf was anorexic... just saying ;).

Well, yeah. But Wolf's also old, so the formula's a little weird. I personally don't see ahything wrong with a buff Predator. It's a matter of personal taste, nothing more.

Back