HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Predator vs. Alien: Holy hell... that's a lot of stuff. How'd you manage to get ahold of an Ani-Com!? Do NOT sell that mofo. Never... ever... You hold onto that sucker, 'cause no one seems to have it!

Now um... how's that Celtic sale going? Found the spare helmet wires yet? Wondering if our deal is still a go.

I give him a month before we see the thread "NEED MONEY GOTTA SELL ALL!!!"

Sadly, that's exactly what I was thinking. You used to have a Scar, Li. What's more, you wanted to trade him for a P2! And now... well, you know. Slow down there and give your stuff time to sit.

That's a lot of money going around these past few months. I'm happy because after I sell off my NECA and McF figures, I won't be buying as often. Could sure use the break, too. Give me more time to focus on sculpting my Pred mask, along with enjoying the beauty of Crysis maxed out on the greatest PC I've ever owned so far :D. Good stuff.

His spear went through an alien (when Alexa used it) and he used his knife to cut bits of the alien off when he was equipping Alexa. None of his gear was affected.
I know, thought we were talking Armor.. Celtic didn't get a chance to use any of the same weapons as scar did on an Alien. So you can't really say all of his stuff melted when Scar's didn't..

Okay. Now that I look of it more closely, that Ani-Com Scar looks like his neck has been removed from the body and is attached to the BD head. I don't think you can take the neck off the body. Suddenly that auction seems like a bad idea. DON'T DO IT, PVA! That is, if that's the one you're referring to.

you can take the neck post off if you open the body that is. but if it was pulled off then its probably broken. unassembled my ass. that seller is a shady seller for stating that..

Yup. Bishop even talks about how the acid oxidizes shortly after being drawn in the second movie. So... who wants to touch some?

Yeah, I know that.
But it shouldn't oxidize THAT quick!? It takes about a full minute or two.
Fact of the matter is.... aliens are deadly even in death.
So, some plot holes are needed for the sake of the continuation of the movie.

Same goes for Wolf's foot in AVP-R.
Sure it looks cool to squish an aliens head with your feet, but a peg leg should be in the "squisher's" very near future. :wink1:

Also, aliens can use projectile vomit. So, I wonder why none of them used it against a Pred.... or better yet.... to free the queen instead of ... proboscis raping time.

Anyhoo....

Sadly, that's exactly what I was thinking. You used to have a Scar, Li. What's more, you wanted to trade him for a P2! And now... well, you know. Slow down there and give your stuff time to sit.

That's a lot of money going around these past few months. I'm happy because after I sell off my NECA and McF figures, I won't be buying as often. Could sure use the break, too. Give me more time to focus on sculpting my Pred mask, along with enjoying the beauty of Crysis maxed out on the greatest PC I've ever owned so far :D. Good stuff.

No, none of this stuff will be up for sale.(seriously:wink1: )
I'll take pics of what I'm getting, when it gets here:lol Can't wait to get Les Walker's Scar Pred....it's gonna be epic:D

And, no I'm not talking about the Ani-Com Scar on eBay.

Okay but that means you don't have to buy anything else then? Or you just buy stuff for one person, have low bills and don't have a large savings account. Each month you make roughly $1500 right? Half hour lunch each day turns an 8 hour day to a 7.5 hour day. Five days a week means 37.5 hours a week at $10 yields $375 per week. Each paycheck then is $750. Roughly two pay checks a month goes to $1500 a month. You have 8 figures coming NOW and if each cost $200 then that is $1600. More than you make in a month. Plus you have 4 $200 Predators but I didn't count those.

All of that is an assumption and I am honestly trying to figure out how you can afford that plus the costs of living. But since you work under the table that means the government doesn't know you make money so then I guess you could get government housing and food stamps. But thats all doubtful. Not trying to hate on you again bro, just trying to understand how you can spend so much.

How do you people have so much money.. I mow so many lawns and it just ain't enough..:monkey2

Honestly, after careful calculations, I literally have juuuuuust enough money to get the new HT Preds: Berserker, Falconer, and Tracker. Technically, two of them. The other would be for Christmas or my B-day or something.
I'd love to get an Elder or Chopper (or Scar if I can score either of them for under $300-$350), but I probably won't be able to until 2011. I'm psyched since it means I can still get three totally new Preds, but these AVP's are just so cool.

@Elder: The thing is it's not $200 per figure. We're talking Ani-Com Scar, man. Intense. No wonder PVA has to sell so often.

So I guess my only neutral thoughts would be to carefully think about what you want to buy. Focus on something you really truly want, and you'll be less-inclined to buy more stuff you'll end up letting go of a couple months later. If everything you own is a true winner, then don't go through the "in with the new, out with the old" HT cycle that so many seem to use. Buy only what you really want when you have the actual money, instead of selling off things you either don't care too much about, or that you'll want back later. Right now, I don't have a single HT figure I'd get rid of. I want more of course, but I'm not selling off my current stuff to get it. I'll just wait to buy until I have the dough. Win, win. Just takes some more waiting, but I've got the "Predators" Preds coming my way to cushion the situation :D.

:peace

Last edited:
I have figured, as posted last night, that i can get all the new Predators. All I gotta do is sell some stuff because I never touch the bank account or the money I make at work. that is saved for life expenses. Paypal for all my higher collectibles. I use cash for NECA but those are cheap. Extra sets are covered through Paypal again though. Paypal is my 'checks and balances' system.

Back