1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. But just so people know:

"The package will be opened in order to take the old head sculpt out and exchange the new one for the customer, the rest in the box will remain untouched."

Interesting. But just so people know:

"The package will be opened in order to take the old head sculpt out and exchange the new one for the customer, the rest in the box will remain untouched."
What do they do with the old headsculpts? Melt them down?

What do they do with the old headsculpts? Melt them down?

They gonna release this down the road with the sculpt.

1GOg3dM.gif

Are we even paying attention to how he looks like? The sculpt they reused 4+ times at least resembles RDJ. Who the ***** is the guy on the right?

Screen_Shot_2019_04_02_at_11.42.41_AM.jpg
199448137_10226429358583134_8258422407075505690_n.jpg

Kind of interesting that Sideshow updated their Mark 85 page with new images the old sculpt.

Are they not gonna ship future figures with the new sculpt? Really weird all around.

nvYzJ2d.png

fM8tbtD.png

I think the issue is that they require you to do a exchange in order for you to get the new sculpt.

Since the current one is already in the product and they can't sell it as brand new if they open it up to replace them. I wonder if there's a t&c somewhere that states the exchange program?

Kind of interesting that Sideshow updated their Mark 85 page with new images the old sculpt.

Are they not gonna ship future figures with the new sculpt? Really weird all around.

nvYzJ2d.png

fM8tbtD.png

It was like that as of the end of May. Someone that ordered their figure around then got their figure with this headsculpt. Weird situation all around

I think the issue is that they require you to do a exchange in order for you to get the new sculpt.

Since the current one is already in the product and they can't sell it as brand new if they open it up to replace them. I wonder if there's a t&c somewhere that states the exchange program?

The cutoff date to sign up for their exchange has long passed, though someone who ordered a little after was able to be grandfathered in.

They may just be hoping people who order the figure right now will just take the initial sculpt and the figure as is.

No idea what their plans are moving forward as far as the replacement sculpt goes for new orders.

I would guess Hot Toys wanted to make the very minimum amount of replacements possible. They can say they offered it, made new ones and sent them out. I would guess everyone who missed out gets the original head sculpt as the were all done long ago

Also with those pictures up people can't say that HT pulled a bait and switch and gave them something different than advertised.

Last edited:
I would guess Hot Toys wanted to make the very minimum amount of replacements possible. They can say they offered it, made new ones and sent them out. I would guess everyone who missed out gets the original head sculpt as the were all done long ago

Also with those pictures up people can't say that HT pulled a bait and switch and gave them something different than advertised.

I have the initial thought that Hot Toys would provide said amount to the total number of MK85 ordered by distributors/retailers.

Hope they do that though, else those who bought it late would have to suffer.

So, I totally missed out on this, I was expecting an email from SS, or something, ultimately it's on me that I didn't keep checking on all this and I missed the cutoff...so with that said, anyone have any suggestions on where/how I can go about getting one of the new sculpts? I assume ebay will be the way to go? Anyone know of anywhere possibly selling one now?

So, I totally missed out on this, I was expecting an email from SS, or something, ultimately it's on me that I didn't keep checking on all this and I missed the cutoff...so with that said, anyone have any suggestions on where/how I can go about getting one of the new sculpts? I assume ebay will be the way to go? Anyone know of anywhere possibly selling one now?
Did you ask them anyway? Doesn't hurt to ask if you haven't.

They're closely controlling the supply of the replacement headsculpts by making people jump through hoops and pay their own shipping to send the head in for the exchange. They want to prevent people from selling just the sculpts by themselves.

I don't think you'll find it being sold much on its own. That would leave them a figure without a head.

Someone posted a link earlier in the thread that this store* is selling the figure with the new head. If it really bothers you and Sideshow can't help you, you may have to just buy the figure with the replacement sculpt from there or another store that's done the exchange and sell the one you have.

https://popcollectibles.store/produ...dgame-ironman-mark-85-with-updated-headsculpt
*I have zero experience with this store so I don't know how they are.

Did you ask them anyway? Doesn't hurt to ask if you haven't.

They're closely controlling the supply of the replacement headsculpts by making people jump through hoops and pay their own shipping to send the head in for the exchange. They want to prevent people from selling just the sculpts by themselves.

I don't think you'll find it being sold much on its own. That would leave them a figure without a head.

Someone posted a link earlier in the thread that this store* is selling the figure with the new head. If it really bothers you and Sideshow can't help you, you may have to just buy the figure with the replacement sculpt from there or another store that's done the exchange and sell the one you have.

https://popcollectibles.store/produ...dgame-ironman-mark-85-with-updated-headsculpt
*I have zero experience with this store so I don't know how they are.
I did, I emailed them, they told me it was heavily promoted through their social media, and that at this point they weren't accepting any additional requests.

Oh well, that sucks as I was really looking forward to the new sculpt, but I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye on eBay or the forums to see if someone decides to sell (at a premium, as well, I'd imagine lol)

I did, I emailed them, they told me it was heavily promoted through their social media, and that at this point they weren't accepting any additional requests.

Oh well, that sucks as I was really looking forward to the new sculpt, but I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye on eBay or the forums to see if someone decides to sell (at a premium, as well, I'd imagine lol)

That's a ******** excuse from Sideshow. Don't take that from them. First of all, not everyone that buys from them follows them on social media or should be obligated to. I don't and yet I have bought from them a few times and recently as well. Second, I only found out about the exchange program from a user here that posted it. Sideshow made a post on their blog and that user shared it here. Heavily promoted my ass. I don't believe they even sent any email to their customers that bought the Mk85 from them. The way I see it, they don't want to be bothered by this ****. If you bought one from them prior to the cutoff, I'd say don't let them off the hook.

Just to add, I went through their Instagram page and couldn't even find a post about it. I may have missed it but it's not a big announcement or repeated posts about it. That's not what I call heavily promoted. Ask them to give you links to these heavy promotion they did for the exchange program. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just that one blog post they did on their website.

Last edited:
It is amazing how much Sideshow's customer service has dropped in the past decade or so. Used to be my go-to place.

Back