1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did, I emailed them, they told me it was heavily promoted through their social media, and that at this point they weren't accepting any additional requests.

Oh well, that sucks as I was really looking forward to the new sculpt, but I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye on eBay or the forums to see if someone decides to sell (at a premium, as well, I'd imagine lol)
I put in a request for a replacement, but I don't want to go through the hassle of returning the current one to get another head sculpt that is likely 99% the same as some others I already have. Happy to coordinate an exchange for you if it's easy to just swap out addresses.

I did, I emailed them, they told me it was heavily promoted through their social media, and that at this point they weren't accepting any additional requests.

Oh well, that sucks as I was really looking forward to the new sculpt, but I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye on eBay or the forums to see if someone decides to sell (at a premium, as well, I'd imagine lol)
That is some BS. I wouldn't call it heavily promoted at all. Honestly felt like quite the opposite. It seemed like it barely made a blip as far as announcements go.

I put in a request for a replacement, but I don't want to go through the hassle of returning the current one to get another head sculpt that is likely 99% the same as some others I already have. Happy to coordinate an exchange for you if it's easy to just swap out addresses.
I believe they were pretty strict about locking the replacement to your account, name, and address so you would still have to get it shipped to you for them, but I'm sure they won't mind paying for that.

That is very kind of you to offer.

I had this on pre-order and after the awful headsculpt issue I cancelled. Glad I did if the replacement is being handled so poorly. What a shame, especially since this is probably even worse for people ordering outside the US and likely won't see any improvement any time soon.

Sincerely hope they don't mess up the battle damaged one, that's a majorly important release for most.

Hey there!! Wow, THANK YOU, that is super cool and nice of you, I’d be more than happy to take you up on that offer - if you’re still game, I can PM you my address if that works? Or I am game to make it work if it requires sending you my existing sculpt and paying for the shipping of the new one to me from you. I definitely super appreciate the gesture, even if for some reason it doesn’t play out 👍🏻😊

That's a ******** excuse from Sideshow. Don't take that from them. First of all, not everyone that buys from them follows them on social media or should be obligated to. I don't and yet I have bought from them a few times and recently as well. Second, I only found out about the exchange program from a user here that posted it. Sideshow made a post on their blog and that user shared it here. Heavily promoted my ass. I don't believe they even sent any email to their customers that bought the Mk85 from them. The way I see it, they don't want to be bothered by this ****. If you bought one from them prior to the cutoff, I'd say don't let them off the hook.

Just to add, I went through their Instagram page and couldn't even find a post about it. I may have missed it but it's not a big announcement or repeated posts about it. That's not what I call heavily promoted. Ask them to give you links to these heavy promotion they did for the exchange program. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just that one blog post they did on their website.
Yeah, truthfully I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels a little put off by how it was all handled. I preordered the Mk85 back in 2019, got it in late January of this year and emailed them back then about this topic and was told we’d be reached out to. I’d assumed it would be emailed/messaged to my account there or something - maybe since they had record of who bought from them, but yeah, it just seemed that something so significant wasn’t really advertised for those of us who were interested. For what it’s worth here’s the whole exchange - starting from my initial asking earlier this year, their response then, and then the follow up from me after the fact and their subsequent response -

Attachments

• 65AB5C54-D33F-4D85-812A-C9CFD25551BA.png
    65AB5C54-D33F-4D85-812A-C9CFD25551BA.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 60A6D165-8C04-4E32-B597-F9629B85BB59.png
    60A6D165-8C04-4E32-B597-F9629B85BB59.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 218AF079-1D6B-448A-8E15-B689592E580D.png
    218AF079-1D6B-448A-8E15-B689592E580D.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 0786D7DD-8843-4EAD-ACF1-3763ABE0D345.jpeg
    0786D7DD-8843-4EAD-ACF1-3763ABE0D345.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 140
That is some BS. I wouldn't call it heavily promoted at all. Honestly felt like quite the opposite. It seemed like it barely made a blip as far as announcements go.
That was my thought also, honestly it was by sheer happenstance of checking this thread that I even learned about it, and that was days ago.

Ugh, it’s definitely kinda frustrating, I otherwise have never felt put off by their customer service, and I’ve always had great experiences with issues. I buy exclusively through them for this reason. This just really kinda shocked me how poorly, in my opinion, something with so much attention was kept so hush-hush how it was handled. However as some have said their thoughts on the reasoning, I can’t say I disagree, it’s just a bummer.

That was my thought also, honestly it was by sheer happenstance of checking this thread that I even learned about it, and that was days ago.

Ugh, it’s definitely kinda frustrating, I otherwise have never felt put off by their customer service, and I’ve always had great experiences with issues. I buy exclusively through them for this reason. This just really kinda shocked me how poorly, in my opinion, something with so much attention was kept so hush-hush how it was handled. However as some have said their thoughts on the reasoning, I can’t say I disagree, it’s just a bummer.
Sideshow is not perfect, and they have some unfortunate practices, but they are also not the worst company to deal with.

So I’m definitely not giving them as pass here, but I think a fair amount of blame rests with Hot Toys. They probably wanted the exchange campaign as limited as possible.

They’re the ones bearing the cost of replacement heads, and painting the heads for their figures is probably the most time consuming part of their manufacturing process.

They’re already behind on figures, so they are probably loathe to allocate any resources to this, even if it’s a problem of their own making.

Again, I’m sorry this happened to you and others out there. Definitely disappointing to see Hot Toys fumble and let down their customers like this. I don’t know if they’ll take it as a learning experience at the very least, but I hope so.

Exactly if Hot Toys said give everyone a replacement that ordered then Sideshow would have. Hot Toys limited this overseas also. Just like here there was a window to sign up and after that you were out of luck. So i don't blame sideshow Hot Toys made the rules and sideshow is just following them.

Yeah, to be fair, I am not trying to come off as bashing SS & being overly harsh, I am just disappointed in the way I feel this was communicated out, but I get it, it's business and it's bigger than just me. That said, I can definitely agree this is more of a HT-driven issue than anything else. I've been a dedicated customer to SS for a reason, and they've honestly always bent over backwards before for me on issues with parts/damages, etc. - it's just a bummer the way it played. But, I also gotta ground/remind myself - 1st world probs, I know it's trivial in the grand scale of things lol I still will be doing business with SS and if it works out with Yacobschlomo for his most generous offer, that's cool too! :)

So, I ordered mine the 17th on Sideshow with the payment plan. So, I'm ****** and getting the old head?

Sideshow is lying when they say the head exchange program was "heavily promoted" on their social media. I remember clearly the head exchange program was announced on their blog in a small, single post on a late Thursday or Friday evening. It was only noticed because someone here happened to be reading the blog and saw the post. No e-mail alerts of the head exchange program to 85 buyers were ever sent out. I'm an 85 buyer myself and I never got an e-mail from Sideshow promoting the head exchange program. You'd think that would be the bare minimum thing to do, but it didn't happen.

Don't let Sideshow gaslight you into thinking the head exchange program was "heavily promoted" and you were just inattentive to that.

Last edited:
So do I miss the cut off time to request the new HS replacement? Not sure should I just keep waiting for announcement from SS?

So do I miss the cut off time to request the new HS replacement? Not sure should I just keep waiting for announcement from SS?
Yes, it appears that way. They will not have any heads for anyone that didn’t sign up by or close to their deadline.

Someone asked recently if they could help and Sideshow said no.

Great figure with an equally fantastic head sculpt. It's quite difficult to capture the essence of the figure on photos so I understand the promo pictures (including these pictures) don't do justice to the figure. Have to see it in real life on your shelves. Congrats to those who got this.

Attachments

• IronManMk85_01.jpg
    IronManMk85_01.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IronManMk85_02.jpg
    IronManMk85_02.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 129
  • IronManMk85_03.jpg
    IronManMk85_03.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IronManMk85_04.jpg
    IronManMk85_04.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IronManMk85_05.jpg
    IronManMk85_05.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IronManMk85_06.jpg
    IronManMk85_06.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 149
  • IronManMk85_07.jpg
    IronManMk85_07.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IronManMk85_08.jpg
    IronManMk85_08.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 159

Justin’s comparison Tony HS review

so according to Justin..those who have the 85 coming are still getting the old Tony HS WTF :banghead

Great figure with an equally fantastic head sculpt. It's quite difficult to capture the essence of the figure on photos so I understand the promo pictures (including these pictures) don't do justice to the figure. Have to see it in real life on your shelves. Congrats to those who got this.
Massive improvement. Looks great, and great photos!

Justin’s comparison Tony HS review

so according to Justin..those who have the 85 coming are still getting the old Tony HS WTF :banghead

Yeah I’m not sure why people (including Justin) think Hot Toys would be making new batches of this figure and bundling the new head. They’re done. The figure is still widely available. They’re not gonna make more because there are no distributors to sell them to.

For the old stock to include the new head, distributors like Sideshow would have had to ordered replacement heads for their existing inventory. They apparently didn’t.

Back