1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm losing track of the portraits. Is the portrait from the new version of this suit the same portrait used on the final release of the Team Suit figure?

Don't mind the thumbnail since the actual figure was different.

Edit:

Took some screengrabs:

D0dBf3v.png

yzjUWN2.png

aXGR8m8.png

vhS9btG.png

id82dAy.png

picWDWy.png

Has anyone gotten an email yet from Sideshow on the instructions for the head send back yet?

I don't think the replacement heads will be ready for awhile. Did you sign up for it? i think today is the deadline.

I did sign up for the head. Maybe they had been closed today with the holiday. Hopefully we will see an update tomorrow from them.

So has anyone heard from authorized 3rd party sellers about this exchange program yet??? Alter Ego? Timewalker? Etc.?

I bought mine from BBTS and this is the statement they provided through an email, mind you this was sent on the 28th and the cutoff for them is June 4th.
Hot Toys previously announced a one-time Iron Man Mark LXXXV Portrait Exchange Program for the Tony Stark head sculpt. As we are now eligible to participate in the exchange program, response is required no later than June 4th, 2021 for anyone who would like to participate in the voluntary exchange program. The new version head sculpt portrait is estimated to begin shipping as early as the 3rd Quarter of 2021.

Once Sideshow, the distributor of Hot Toys in the US, receives the new portraits, retailers will be provided with and then forward a unique and individualized exchange code with replacement instructions to all customers who confirmed that they would like to participate in the exchange. Customers will be responsible for shipping costs to ship their current head sculpt to Sideshow along with the unique replacement code that will be provided. Once the original head portrait is received, Sideshow will then process the exchange and cover shipping costs to ship the new head sculpt portrait back to address that has been provided. Canadian collectors will be responsible for any Taxes, Duties, Vat, or import fees for this process. We apologize for any inconvenience but we are unable to accommodate exchange requests for customers outside the USA/Canada.

If you have purchased the Avengers: Endgame MMS528D30 Iron Man Mark LXXXV 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure and not yet shipped (if the item is your Pile of Loot), a response is still required from you if you are interested in participating in the exchange program. The shipping address provided to Sideshow will be your marked preferred shipping address in your BBTS account unless otherwise noted in your response.

Please reply no later than June 4th, 2021 only if you are interested in participating in the Portrait Exchange Program. No requests after this date will be accepted. If you elect to participate in the exchange, please note that you are agreeing to allow BigBadToyStore to share your name, shipping address, phone number, and email address with Sideshow Collectibles who will facilitate the exchange process. We will also need to know if your shipping address has changed or the new head sculpt will be shipped to the same address as your original order.

So through BBTS and ultimately Sideshow I'd need to pay to ship my headsculpt out in order to receive a new one in the fall...shouldn't that be prepaid for because it was the manufacturer that messed up in the first place? That's gonna' be a pass on my part. This just sounds like a terrible exchange program.

I bought mine from BBTS and this is the statement they provided through an email, mind you this was sent on the 28th and the cutoff for them is June 4th.

So through BBTS and ultimately Sideshow I'd need to pay to ship my headsculpt out in order to receive a new one in the fall...shouldn't that be prepaid for because it was the manufacturer that messed up in the first place? That's gonna' be a pass on my part. This just sounds like a terrible exchange program.

Interesting, appreciate you sharing this detailed feedback.

Just received mine and wow, I absolutely hated it being die-cast.

Die-cast Ironman really overstayed it's welcome. It's unnecessarily heavy and the extra care you need to take to handle it is causing unwanted stress.

It's a good figure nonetheless, but wow. I seriously hate handling this figure.

Team suit left, New 85 middle, Old 85 right.

199448137_10226429358583134_8258422407075505690_n.jpg
Yep, just as we suspected. The "new" 85 head is just the Mk 46/47/50 head with a different hair piece and different paint application with a slightly slimmer neck. Still way better than the Tony Sanchez portrait they scammed us with though.

Back