1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this figure on my desk every since I got him and I'm still in awe of him. Looks amazing.

jWhsrIf.jpg

JzDdT7v.jpg

nyp5LuY.jpg

JaVT7fk.jpg

Damn, Lu, those are some crisp pictures. You get a new phone?

Damn, Lu, those are some crisp pictures. You get a new phone?

:lol I got off my lazy ass and got the good camera!

Actually, that's a lie! My lazy ass stayed put, but noticed my wife had left the good camera in my office, so I grabbed it and took a couple of shots! :lol

:lol I got off my lazy ass and got the good camera!

Actually, that's a lie! My lazy ass stayed put, but noticed my wife had left the good camera in my office, so I grabbed it and took a couple of shots! :lol

Is that one of Stoney's Stands the Probe Droid's on?

I got my figure yesterday and opened him up last night. I haven’t spent a ton of time with him yet, but had some initial reactions.

The colors look better in person. The gold really does pop.

He’s very heavy even for a diecast figure. He’s more like a WM weight which is very nice.

The pointy part of the hip flaps seem easily breakable so be careful. I’ve seen others post about broken pieces. Seems like they could have designed it a little better but it does look good at least (nice clean lines)

As for the HS, it’s still not good. However, in person I’ve decided it looks more like RDJ as a profile only. If you look at it completely from the side then I can see RDJ. It’s lost as soon as you turn it and looks nothing like him straight on. I think it’s a result of them trying to thin out the face. My impressions are the same though. It’s a quality piece of art, but looks nothing like RDJ overall. IMO it’s a downgrade from the prototype. I will be trading it in for the updated HS in the fall.

One bummer is my helmeted head has some paint worn off from rubbing in the box during shipping. I’ve contacted SSC and asked for a new helmet. The rest of the figure is pristine though.

Well you were right, they?re sending me a replacement torso! So now I?m hoping the process of disassembly isn?t too complicated that I don?t break it taking it down to the torso to swap out. Soooo yeah, we shall see how this goes. Unless I luck out and it comes with instructions haha

Anyone ever taken a diecast iron man figure apart before?? Any tips/tricks??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The arms, legs, head are all just ball joints. They just pop out with some force

Those Mad Old Lu pics have me seriously considering dropping all of my rewards points on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

I'm not an eminent Iron Man expert, but I think the figure is great. Beautiful finish and details and great presence. I only have this one, Mark I and Mark IV (I'm in the process of selling my Mark II but the jerk bidder flaked out on me), so my Iron Man figures knowledge is limited. But I feel like I have a nice little representational grouping, having the very first suit and the last, plus a "blocky" one with the round reactor.

DLtwJ5T.jpg

Z1c4rPW.jpg

FWmrLrM.jpg

Thanks guys!

I'm not an eminent Iron Man expert, but I think the figure is great. Beautiful finish and details and great presence. I only have this one, Mark I and Mark IV (I'm in the process of selling my Mark II but the jerk bidder flaked out on me), so my Iron Man figures knowledge is limited. But I feel like I have a nice little representational grouping, having the very first suit and the last, plus a "blocky" one with the round reactor.

DLtwJ5T.jpg

Z1c4rPW.jpg

FWmrLrM.jpg

Great photos. Did you tweak any of them in Photoshop though?

It's interesting that the gold on your images seem more muted (screen accurate) versus some images I've seen where the gold is overly saturated to the point it looks yellow.

Are the photos an accurate depiction of the colors in real life?

Great photos. Did you tweak any of them in Photoshop though?

It's interesting that the gold on your images seem more muted (screen accurate) versus some images I've seen where the gold is overly saturated to the point it looks yellow.

Are the photos an accurate depiction of the colors in real life?

Yes they are. It doesn't look stupidly yellow as it appeared in one of those youtube reviews. So there's that.

Thanks, marvinmyles! Yes, the sheen is gorgeous. The finish is much nicer than my Mark IV, but that could be the die cast perhaps. Although I can't really tell what's die cast and what's plastic.

And thanks, gmoney! Nope, no PSD manipulation. Looks pretty much like that IRL.

Yes they are. It doesn't look stupidly yellow as it appeared in one of those youtube reviews. So there's that.

Thanks, marvinmyles! Yes, the sheen is gorgeous. The finish is much nicer than my Mark IV, but that could be the die cast perhaps. Although I can't really tell what's die cast and what's plastic.

And thanks, gmoney! Nope, no PSD manipulation. Looks pretty much like that IRL.

Appreciate the response guys. Good to know the gold will look muted IRL! :yess

Mad Old Lu, once again, great photos! :hi5:

Those "professional" photos we see online has the contrast and saturation amped up to the max. I don't know why they find that concentrated piss yellow attractive.

Back