1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I absolutely was not expecting to receive this until late 2021 when HT got the head replacements figured out...but looks like mine will be coming in a couple of weeks according to an email alert from PCZ.

Color me surprised cause I had ZERO expectations of EVER receiving the Mk 85-gate headsculpt!!! :panic:

Kinda excited to see it in-hand so I can hate on it in-person as well!!! :lol

Yeah I'm kinda baffled as to why Timewalker will be shipping mine out next week. I thought these were all supposed to be delayed now until the end of the year while they make the correction?

I wasn't planning to display much with the Tony sculpt anyway, but it still would have been nice to have the option.

Colour me surprised when I come into this thread and see that you're still receiving this piece!

It's the equivelant of ordering a box of poo from Amazon and still accepting delivery even knowing what you're getting. :rotfl

Haha yeah, I never canceled my preorder cause I was willing to let HT attempt to rectify their error. I was under the impression that all pending pre-orders would be fulfilled later in 3rd or 4th QTR of 2021 so that's why I'm very surprised that I'll be receiving it in a matter of weeks! As you all know I hate the 85-gate sculpt with a passion, BUT I can now provide the in-hand criticism some were saying is needed before outright dismissing it based on photos alone. :lol

I look forward to your colorful review :)

Lolzzz, oh yessss...I will certainly have my thoughts on this one in-hand... Now people can't bash me for only critiquing photos and not assessing it in-hand! Bwhahaha!!! My hate will be validated even more!!! :yess:

I have my fingers crossed that it exceeds your expectations. That, in-hand, you look at it sideways and say: ?you know what? It?s *not* actually all that bad...?
But if it still looks as bad, I?ll take the head off your hands, lol.

First off, thanks for unblocking me! :hi5:

Secondly, I HIGHLY doubt my opinion will be swayed once I view it in-hand, however I may hate it slightly less? Who knows. I will certainly make my opinion known though! :lol

If the requirement for the replacement headsculpt program didn't mandate us to return the original I probably would have been inclined to give it away. So blame HT for their rules!!! You can never win with them! :gah: :rotfl

And I'll take everything else off your hands gmoney[emoji51]

Yes, please do. I'm running out of closet space to store my never displayed 50+ Hot Toys! :slap

I dunno man. While I do think the prototype is superior, I do think the final product is pretty solid too (minus the headsculpt of course)...but rest assured I'll give it a fair review once I receive it in hand. My biggest gripe is the piss-yellow gold that I've seen in some photos, but apparently that's not the case in-hand. So we'll see...

I think there's a good chance I will like this one...I did keep my pre-order after all...so that's kinda saying something! :lol

Yeah I'm kinda baffled as to why Timewalker will be shipping mine out next week. I thought these were all supposed to be delayed now until the end of the year while they make the correction?

I wasn't planning to display much with the Tony sculpt anyway, but it still would have been nice to have the option.

Yeah, that was my initial impression as well...but this honestly seems like the better alternative: send the figure out to the customers now and once the new replacement headsculpt is ready then HT will send that out. This way the customer doesn't get screwed into MORE waiting...so it's kind of a win-win. Plus it'll be nice to critique the Mk 85-gate in-hand, since it'll be kind of a historical piece in a few years time!

gmoney5000: I am usually never too bothered with likeness or accuracy so receiving my Mk. LXXXV before Q3-Q4 was welcome… until I saw that headsculpt in hand. That piece is the EXACT opposite of “it looks better in hand”. Pictures and videos actually flatter the look of that monstrosity even to someone like myself who does not make a big deal about that stuff. The only 2 things that save the figure package is the gauntlet turned out fantastic and while the stones could be brighter, they are much brighter than expected. #2 saving grace is the fact that I don’t usually pose my IM figures with RDJ sculpts anyways usually saving them for kitbashes. This one can only be saved for a $|-|17bash.

Haha yeah, I never canceled my preorder cause I was willing to let HT attempt to rectify their error. I was under the impression that all pending pre-orders would be fulfilled later in 3rd or 4th QTR of 2021 so that's why I'm very surprised that I'll be receiving it in a matter of weeks! As you all know I hate the 85-gate sculpt with a passion, BUT I can now provide the in-hand criticism some were saying is needed before outright dismissing it based on photos alone. :lol

Lolzzz, oh yessss...I will certainly have my thoughts on this one in-hand... Now people can't bash me for only critiquing photos and not assessing it in-hand! Bwhahaha!!! My hate will be validated even more!!! :yess:

First off, thanks for unblocking me! :hi5:

Secondly, I HIGHLY doubt my opinion will be swayed once I view it in-hand, however I may hate it slightly less? Who knows. I will certainly make my opinion known though! :lol

If the requirement for the replacement headsculpt program didn't mandate us to return the original I probably would have been inclined to give it away. So blame HT for their rules!!! You can never win with them! :gah: :rotfl

Yes, please do. I'm running out of closet space to store my never displayed 50+ Hot Toys! :slap

I dunno man. While I do think the prototype is superior, I do think the final product is pretty solid too (minus the headsculpt of course)...but rest assured I'll give it a fair review once I receive it in hand. My biggest gripe is the piss-yellow gold that I've seen in some photos, but apparently that's not the case in-hand. So we'll see...

I think there's a good chance I will like this one...I did keep my pre-order after all...so that's kinda saying something! :lol

Yeah, that was my initial impression as well...but this honestly seems like the better alternative: send the figure out to the customers now and once the new replacement headsculpt is ready then HT will send that out. This way the customer doesn't get screwed into MORE waiting...so it's kind of a win-win. Plus it'll be nice to critique the Mk 85-gate in-hand, since it'll be kind of a historical piece in a few years time!

IMG_20210209_160132.jpg

gmoney5000: I am usually never too bothered with likeness or accuracy so receiving my Mk. LXXXV before Q3-Q4 was welcome… until I saw that headsculpt in hand. That piece is the EXACT opposite of “it looks better in hand”. Pictures and videos actually flatter the look of that monstrosity even to someone like myself who does not make a big deal about that stuff. The only 2 things that save the figure package is the gauntlet turned out fantastic and while the stones could be brighter, they are much brighter than expected. #2 saving grace is the fact that I don’t usually pose my IM figures with RDJ sculpts anyways usually saving them for kitbashes. This one can only be saved for a $|-|17bash.

Wowza! That's some pretty harsh criticism then! Yeah, I'm not expecting my opinion to be changed in the slightest once I receive it in-hand, but I think I'll like the rest of the figure. Or at least I hope! :pray:

Wowza! That's some pretty harsh criticism then! Yeah, I'm not expecting my opinion to be changed in the slightest once I receive it in-hand, but I think I'll like the rest of the figure. Or at least I hope! :pray:

If anything, I believe that your opinion might be even harsher once you see it in hand, if that is even possible, lol.

I am still pretty harsh regarding this whole package though because the one saving grace would have been LEDs in the Lightning Refocuser. Honestly, for the price there should have been 12 light up points on the front of the refocuser and 13 on the back with larger LR41 or LR936 batteries in the main torso with connection points for the refocuser. Of course that didn’t happen so I’d have been fine with the 25 light up points powered by separate batteries and switch on the refocuser itself to save some costs but again nope. Shoot, even just having the front 12 light up points (which could easily have been lit by only 6 separate LEDs) with the batteries and switch as part of the accessory but of course, didn’t happen. So to me, there was more than just some failures with this overpriced piece, there were plenty of cuts made that honestly piss me the F off. And just to reiterate that things like this don’t usually bother me, even if it is 1, 2 or even 3 things “wrong” but this was supposed to be his final armor and HTs should have not only delivered a masterpiece but also given us our money’s worth.

So I’ve been following your bashing and have been enjoying every second!

If anything, I believe that your opinion might be even harsher once you see it in hand, if that is even possible, lol.

I am still pretty harsh regarding this whole package though because the one saving grace would have been LEDs in the Lightning Refocuser. Honestly, for the price there should have been 12 light up points on the front of the refocuser and 13 on the back with larger LR41 or LR936 batteries in the main torso with connection points for the refocuser. Of course that didn?t happen so I?d have been fine with the 25 light up points powered by separate batteries and switch on the refocuser itself to save some costs but again nope. Shoot, even just having the front 12 light up points (which could easily have been lit by only 6 separate LEDs) with the batteries and switch as part of the accessory but of course, didn?t happen. So to me, there was more than just some failures with this overpriced piece, there were plenty of cuts made that honestly piss me the F off. And just to reiterate that things like this don?t usually bother me, even if it is 1, 2 or even 3 things ?wrong? but this was supposed to be his final armor and HTs should have not only delivered a masterpiece but also given us our money?s worth.

So I?ve been following your bashing and have been enjoying every second!

Posts like this make me glad I cancelled. Still getting the battle damaged version though. Hopefully they make some improvements.

I respect everyones opinion but i love my 85. It stands out on the shelf. I don't care about lights because i never ever use them (wish they would get rid of them completely) and having a dozen Hot Toys and 3rd party Stark sculpts i think it's average and far from the worst IM headscuplt HT has done. But that's my opinion if others hate it no biggie that's why there is 70 (or more) Hot Toys Iron Man figures to choose from. Pick your favorite and have fun.

Wait G$ - You think THAT'S why people bash you??? Ah, to be young and oblivious again. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:wave

Regarding the headsculpt, I fully expect to be in complete agreement with you on this one. It must truly be the end of days. :lol

I took some pictures. These are my 3 favorite headsculpts :lol

14475E7F-7D16-4943-995D-F50A0F540F50.jpg5F173FB6-4FE9-4FFE-857A-07EADF4ED710.jpg37DFCF97-EB9E-4F7B-B700-8EB0BAFAD022.jpg5CF4B3F3-79CE-4787-B454-9BEA5173FA0A.jpgA89751B6-D271-40CD-9EBA-AD70C88099E6.jpg

Also I made a list of my current favorite diecast HTs IM armors in order. I decided not to include any of the plastic armors as to not cause anymore ruckus that my diecast list might already cause. If people knew where I had a figure like Mk. XL Shotgun or Mk. XXXIX Starboost, I dunno, there might be riots :lol

1. Mk. VI
2. Mk. XLVII
3. Mk. VII
4. Mk. XLIV Hulkbuster
5. Mk. L
6. Mk. XXI Midas
7. Mk. XLVI Concept
8. Mk. XLVI
9. Mk. LXXXV BD
10. Mk. V
11. Mk. XLV
12. Mk. LXXXV
13. Mk. XLIX Rescue
14. Mk. IV
15. Mk. II
16. Mk. XLIII
17. Mk. I
18. Mk. XLII
19. Mk. XXII Hot Rod
20. Mk. III
21. Mk. III Stealth
22. Mk. IV Neon Tech
23. Mk. VI Neon Tech
24. Mk. XLVIII Hulkbuster 2.0

Also I made a list of my current favorite diecast HTs IM armors in order. I decided not to include any of the plastic armors as to not cause anymore ruckus that my diecast list might already cause. If people knew where I had a figure like Mk. XL Shotgun or Mk. XXXIX Starboost, I dunno, there might be riots :lol

1. Mk. VI
2. Mk. XLVII
3. Mk. VII
4. Mk. XLIV Hulkbuster
5. Mk. L
6. Mk. XXI Midas
7. Mk. XLVI Concept
8. Mk. XLVI
9. Mk. LXXXV BD
10. Mk. V
11. Mk. XLV
12. Mk. LXXXV
13. Mk. XLIX Rescue
14. Mk. IV
15. Mk. II
16. Mk. XLIII
17. Mk. I
18. Mk. XLII
19. Mk. XXII Hot Rod
20. Mk. III
21. Mk. III Stealth
22. Mk. IV Neon Tech
23. Mk. VI Neon Tech

Hard to find much fault with your list, although your placement of the BD Mark LXXXV that high seems a bit premature. I do find your ranking of the Mark IV that much lower than the Mark VI a bit curious - do you like the triangular arc reactor that much more than the round one?

Hard to find much fault with your list, although your placement of the BD Mark LXXXV that high seems a bit premature. I do find your ranking of the Mark IV that much lower than the Mark VI a bit curious - do you like the triangular arc reactor that much more than the round one?

Regarding the triangle chest RT, short answer is yes, I do love it. Actually the first “high end collectible” that started me down this road of ruin was actually the SSC Mk. VI 1/4 that I knew nothing about and saw for the first time when I was at a comic store while visiting my father the Christmas after IM2. I bought it on the spot and now I?m buried in this crap :lol. But aside from that, I have come to appreciate the subtle different color ways on the VI vs the IV. Particularly the extra silver bits where it is just red or gold on the IV. And lastly, the “Stark Element” made the VI, which was not technically a substantial upgrade of an armor compared to the IV much more powerful than its palladium powered predecessor. Does that answer your question?

I disagree with the mark I and hulkbuster 2.0 being on the diecast list :). Otherwise a good list.

Ah yes, i forgot to remove them. When I made the list it was initially a non-HPP favorites list so yeah. Although the Mk. I 2.0 made diecast I doubt would change much aside from size, headsculpt (possibly) and weight as the 2.0 is a damn closely accurate figure. I never was much of a fan of that trash can suit so I do not imagine that its position would change much if at all. And the Hulkbuster 2.0 being vinyl, plastic, articulated, diecast, statue, 1/6, 1/4, 1/1 will always be ugly and unnecessary. I just do not see the evolution from the Mk. XLIV.

View attachment 505790View attachment 505787View attachment 505791View attachment 505788View attachment 505789

1. Mk. VI
2. Mk. XLVII
3. Mk. VII
4. Mk. XLIV Hulkbuster
5. Mk. L
6. Mk. XXI Midas
7. Mk. XLVI Concept
8. Mk. XLVI
9. Mk. LXXXV BD
10. Mk. V
11. Mk. XLV
12. Mk. LXXXV
13. Mk. XLIX Rescue
14. Mk. IV
15. Mk. II
16. Mk. XLIII
17. Mk. I
18. Mk. XLII
19. Mk. XXII Hot Rod
20. Mk. III
21. Mk. III Stealth
22. Mk. IV Neon Tech
23. Mk. VI Neon Tech

You should have included them, there are a lot of great older armors out there. I have all the DC figures and i would rate a few of my all all plastic ones in my top 10 over some of the DC ones.

View attachment 505790View attachment 505787View attachment 505791View attachment 505788View attachment 505789

1. Mk. VI
2. Mk. XLVII
3. Mk. VII
4. Mk. XLIV Hulkbuster
5. Mk. L
6. Mk. XXI Midas
7. Mk. XLVI Concept
8. Mk. XLVI
9. Mk. LXXXV BD
10. Mk. V
11. Mk. XLV
12. Mk. LXXXV
13. Mk. XLIX Rescue
14. Mk. IV
15. Mk. II
16. Mk. XLIII
17. Mk. I
18. Mk. XLII
19. Mk. XXII Hot Rod
20. Mk. III
21. Mk. III Stealth
22. Mk. IV Neon Tech
23. Mk. VI Neon Tech

You should have included them, there are a lot of great older armors out there. I have all the DC figures and i would rate a few of my all plastic ones in my top 10 over some of the DC ones.

I am still pretty harsh regarding this whole package though because the one saving grace would have been LEDs in the Lightning Refocuser. Honestly, for the price there should have been 12 light up points on the front of the refocuser and 13 on the back with larger LR41 or LR936 batteries in the main torso with connection points for the refocuser. Of course that didn’t happen so I’d have been fine with the 25 light up points powered by separate batteries and switch on the refocuser itself to save some costs but again nope. Shoot, even just having the front 12 light up points (which could easily have been lit by only 6 separate LEDs) with the batteries and switch as part of the accessory but of course, didn’t happen. So to me, there was more than just some failures with this overpriced piece, there were plenty of cuts made that honestly piss me the F off. And just to reiterate that things like this don’t usually bother me, even if it is 1, 2 or even 3 things “wrong” but this was supposed to be his final armor and HTs should have not only delivered a masterpiece but also given us our money’s worth.

So I’ve been following your bashing and have been enjoying every second!

Haha I'm glad I've got fans out there then! :hi5:

But yeah, I do find it highly annoying that HT didn't bother to include LEDs on the lightning refocuser. It could have been done since customizers out there are literally doing it, but HT decided to be lazy and cut corners. Anyways, not a major deal breaker for me, but definitely frustrating for sure given the price point.

And you can expect nothing less than pure, unadulterated truth from me when it comes to reviewing this figure! :lecture

Wait G$ - You think THAT'S why people bash you??? Ah, to be young and oblivious again. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:wave

Regarding the headsculpt, I fully expect to be in complete agreement with you on this one. It must truly be the end of days. :lol

I'm a very lovable person! They only bash me because they don't fully understand me! But that's okay too cause I got love for my haters! :lol

1. Mk. VI
2. Mk. XLVII
3. Mk. VII
4. Mk. XLIV Hulkbuster
5. Mk. L
6. Mk. XXI Midas
7. Mk. XLVI Concept
8. Mk. XLVI
9. Mk. LXXXV BD
10. Mk. V
11. Mk. XLV
12. Mk. LXXXV
13. Mk. XLIX Rescue
14. Mk. IV
15. Mk. II
16. Mk. XLIII
17. Mk. I
18. Mk. XLII
19. Mk. XXII Hot Rod
20. Mk. III
21. Mk. III Stealth
22. Mk. IV Neon Tech
23. Mk. VI Neon Tech

Fantastic photos! Really makes me want to get Midas, but I can't justify the price at this moment! :thud:

Back