1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went into my local Forbidden Planet and they have him on display. They're just displaying it inside the box so the sculpt has the plastic wrapping on still but it looks like the original sculpt.

Wondering how a UK retailer has received their allotments before KGHobby have. But since it's showing the original head sculpt all I can guess to is that KGHobby are waiting to receive the new head sculpts. In fact, I actually messaged them a couple days ago and they did say it will be in August, they're waiting on the new head sculpt. So yes, KGHobby is August with the new sculpts.

I think Hot Toys has written off this figure already at this point. Why spend any more resources on it than they have to?

The amount they’ve produced will still sell out eventually, sooner than later.

They know people will buy it because they won’t know or won’t care about the whole headsculpt debacle.

They already have a round 2 attempt setup with the battle damaged Mk 85. They probably figure anyone that doesn’t want this anymore will get that.

That’s what happens when you’re the biggest name and player in town. You get to call your own shots and brush off missteps like this.

Honestly, I think both of the headsculpts each miss the mark on a perfect likeness in different ways. For me, the choice between which you prefer is kind of a "Pick your poison" situation. LOL

so i guess the replacement headsculpt is a limited run and they will continue with the original head for newer batches?
the exchange program was poorly executed, sideshow did not even mention it about but only on a blog post

Hot Toys seems to be a somewhat shifty company when it comes to catering to and taking care of their fanbase. I think they take for granted that their customers will remain loyal no matter what because they think they're irreplaceable for high-end figures. I used to be a big fan of Hot Toys as a company, but all of this mess has soured me to the point that I really hope someone knocks them off their pedestal and soon.

Hot Toys seems to be a somewhat shifty company when it comes to catering to and taking care of their fanbase. I think they take for granted that their customers will remain loyal no matter what because they think they're irreplaceable for high-end figures. I used to be a big fan of Hot Toys as a company, but all of this mess has soured me to the point that I really hope someone knocks them off their pedestal and soon.

The only people knocking them off their pedestal are the custom toy makers, but they cost almost 4x that of a Hot Toy. So I think it's safe to say, no one has and no one will come close to them no matter how far down from the top they go.

The only people knocking them off their pedestal are the custom toy makers, but they cost almost 4x that of a Hot Toy. So I think it's safe to say, no one has and no one will come close to them no matter how far down from the top they go.
Yeah, you may have a point. I've seen some of the other 1/6 scale figs like threezero, etc that Sideshow distributes. Some are good and a couple are great, but they still don't meet the Hot Toys level, unfortunately. I think SS would probably be a likely contender, if only they could up their game on 1/6 scale figures.

Someone definitely is needed to give Hot Toys more of a challenge.

Went into my local Forbidden Planet and they have him on display. They're just displaying it inside the box so the sculpt has the plastic wrapping on still but it looks like the original sculpt.

Wondering how a UK retailer has received their allotments before KGHobby have. But since it's showing the original head sculpt all I can guess to is that KGHobby are waiting to receive the new head sculpts. In fact, I actually messaged them a couple days ago and they did say it will be in August, they're waiting on the new head sculpt. So yes, KGHobby is August with the new sculpts.
thanks for the update on KG Hobby. I have chased them for an update but had no joy. That is good news about the headsculpt, although I won't be displaying it.

My 85 version with the team suit headsculpt.
instagram : @Guillaume_customs
FA49B274-D593-4E9B-BDC7-2C18A62D5E99.jpeg
9A8088BF-7FDE-482C-80D4-CAC39AEB8683.jpeg
0F7043EF-B914-4E81-9B71-8EF849F5F405.jpeg
785783C1-FD44-44BD-876D-134A13802F12.jpeg

all the recent YouTube reviews I’ve seen from Asian or non U.S.A. collectors have got the new Tony HS .

I guess only the U.S. is getting Tony Stank :dunno

much prefer the sculpt on the left. sucks that now it's considered rare and people buying mark 85 now will not be able to exchange :(

Does anyone know if Sideshow allows you to change your order from Battle-Damaged to clean Mk85?
I was able to change my Beskar standard Mando to the deluxe, but it was treated like a separate order and they refunded my original deposit. I am not sure what they're general policy is, but changing for a different version might help your cause. Just shoot them a message and try your luck !

Last edited:
Back