Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About one month ago i was watching AVATAR in 3D and i still have to say...THIS IS ONE of the BRILLIANST MOVIES EVER made :banana:horror:joy

So its still breathtaking :lol

So i made some thoughts about HT doing these figures...

Both Versions of the AVATAR versions will definitly suit up my collection :rotfl

I would really like to see:

Jake Sully (Human Version) with his USMC Shirt...and ??? Wheelchair ??? ...

Col. Miles Quaritch (with Coffee Mug :monkey5)

Am I the only one who wants Jakes Avatar wearing the clothes he had on when he first got dropped in the jungle with the rifle ? That was my favorite look

No way Hot Toys does a nipple. The didn't even add it to the Silk Spectre suit like she had in the movie.

In the normal avatar thread. This is talking about hot toys license...and whats a normal fan?

I believe he may be referring to fans whose interest in the film and related merchandise hasn't yet deteriorated into a discussion of will-they-won't-they on certain alien anatomy. That, and the ridiculous amount of post-padding in this thread.:rolleyes:

Back on point, I believe we are closer to seeing specs since HT has put up the IB Aldo preview.

Also, I was thinking, if these figures aren't scaled down, then these will be the largest head-sculpts that HT has done to date, no?

I believe he may be referring to fans whose interest in the film and related merchandise hasn't yet deteriorated into a discussion of will-they-won't-they on certain alien anatomy. That, and the ridiculous amount of post-padding in this thread.:rolleyes:

Back on point, I believe we are closer to seeing specs since HT has put up the IB Aldo preview.

Also, I was thinking, if these figures aren't scaled down, then these will be the largest head-sculpts that HT has done to date, no?

To my knowledge, this is the first topless female figure that Hot Toys has made. So I really do think the nipple issue is an interesting one. I did not only bring it up to be silly or perverted.:cool:

It's an issue that I expect was discussed at length during the design process for these figures.

My personal prediction is that Neytiri's necklace will be part of the body sculpt or skin suit, depending on what they use, thus hiding the nipples. Normally that sort of thing would look bad on a figure, but I think Hot Toys can pull it off. Besides, although there were brief glimpses, in the movie it almost looked like the necklace was glued to her body, so it will look pretty screen accurate.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, this is the first topless female figure that Hot Toys has made. So I really do think the nipple issue is an interesting one. I did not only bring it up to be silly or perverted.:cool:

It's an issue that I expect was discussed at length during the design process for these figures.

My personal prediction is that Neytiri's necklace will be part of the body sculpt or skin suit, depending on what they use, thus hiding the nipples. Normally that sort of thing would look bad on a figure, but I think Hot Toys can pull it off. Besides, although there were brief glimpses, in the movie it almost looked like the necklace was glued to her body, so it will look pretty screen accurate.

Yes, and I believe your original post had what some of those following it lacked: tact. I think there is room for the more substantive discussion/academic curiosity of your original post. If you'd like my opinion, I believe they will leave the necklace unattached but leave the nipple undistinguished from the surrounding blue flesh tone--that way they can both (1) self-censor to avoid any values-based protest and (2) fully sculpt a realistic looking necklace.

just saw the movie and really liked it and now i want some of the figures hopefully we something soon

Am I the only one who wants Jakes Avatar wearing the clothes he had on when he first got dropped in the jungle with the rifle ? That was my favorite look

That would absolutely be the best initial version of the Jake Avatar to feature as a figure. The fatigues would help cover up a lot of the needed articulation on the body and look really cool.

The backpack, the big gun, the torch and two viperwolves as accessories would be nice too...

Maybe they're gonna give us some version where you can both make Jake with clothes as well as the way he looks later, just wearing a loincloth and some bracers and stuff.

I'm not sure if that's possible though if they choose to make rubber bodies. I can imagine putting clothes on that can be a bit bothersome because the rubber isn't as smooth as regular plastic :dunno

I would prefer the later version without the clothes, but if HT makes these figures as awesome as I hope them to be... there'll be a good chance I'll buy them all :lol

:lecture I agree with everything you said here.

I also would like to add that I'm really looking forward to see these headsculpts. Scaled down or not, Na'vi have larger eyes then humans and I'm really looking forward to see that in a HT fig, because the eyes on their figures really look amazingly lifelike!

Yes, and I believe your original post had what some of those following it lacked: tact. I think there is room for the more substantive discussion/academic curiosity of your original post. If you'd like my opinion, I believe they will leave the necklace unattached but leave the nipple undistinguished from the surrounding blue flesh tone--that way they can both (1) self-censor to avoid any values-based protest and (2) fully sculpt a realistic looking necklace.

Whatever HT chooses to do, nipples or not, it won't bother me. I don't believe they were visible in the movie and if HT makes the bodies nippleless it will be fine by me.

I do hope they make the necklace unattached though, because that would look more realistic on both the body and the necklace.

Theres no way they will sculpt the necklace to the body. Thats not their style. Plus having to paint to rubber torso ( Iassume ) to look like metal would be more work. Whatever Hot Toys does we won't know untill we have some in hand pics. Its not like they'll come out with official pics and be like " Hey eVeRYone L@@K At Teh ZiPPlezzz !!111!"

Seriously all i care about right now is if they in scale. If they're not 18 inches at least I'll be devastated. It would be such a wasted opportunity. Plus if Hot Toys doesn't do it no one else will at the same quality we expect. They are our only hope to get it correct:sick

For anybody who is interested in soldier avatar jake clothing, im thinking maybe they will pull off a dx joker thing again only this time, have regular avatar head and final battle head. Kinda like the cop joker on on the side im guessing the ADR clothes will be on the side to so you can change them if you want.

For anybody who is interested in soldier avatar jake clothing, im thinking maybe they will pull off a dx joker thing again only this time, have regular avatar head and final battle head. Kinda like the cop joker on on the side im guessing the ADR clothes will be on the side to so you can change them if you want.

That could be a very good idea... The clothes would cover up the warpaint on the body!

That could work indeed!!

Well there are probably 3 different versions of Avatar Jake Hot Toys might consider:

Military Clothes

avatar-james-cameron-movie-JakeRifl.jpg

Normal

jake_sully_in_avatar_movie-normal.jpg

And War Paint / Final Battle

Maybe even Patient gown Jake

jake-sully-avatarx.jpg

Now they could make a 2 in 1 version with the clothing, but I imagine Hot Toys wants to sell as many of these figures as they can. Remember whenever Hot Toys develops a new custom body for a character ( Iron Man, T-600 ) They have sell a lot of different versions to justify the investment. Its not like they can use these bodies again for a different franchise. So they might just do 3 separate versions. In fact im willing to bet we'll see other Na'vi characters to.

Well there are probably 3 different versions of Avatar Jake Hot Toys might consider:

Military Clothes

avatar-james-cameron-movie-JakeRifl.jpg

Normal

jake_sully_in_avatar_movie-normal.jpg

And War Paint / Final Battle

Maybe even Patient gown Jake

jake-sully-avatarx.jpg

Now they could make a 2 in 1 version with the clothing, but I imagine Hot Toys wants to sell as many of these figures as they can. Remember whenever Hot Toys develops a new custom body for a character ( Iron Man, T-600 ) They have sell a lot of different versions to justify the investment. Its not like they can use these bodies again for a different franchise. So they might just do 3 separate versions. In fact im willing to bet we'll see other Na'vi characters to.

Im thinking maybe a tsu tey figure maybe but i have no interest in him. Im hoping for regular version jake and adr clothes jake. Im guessing thats what they will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back