Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are there any pics of these mythical figures??

I'd like to see how HT handles making an 18" tall blue body.... :D

I bet HT are eagerly developing these figures as we speak.

We should just let this thread go and bring it back when we get news, which should be in a few weeks or so.

I wonder if HT will do the AMP suit.

That'll certainly break the tumbler's record as the most expensive HT product up to date.

They should do it IMO.

Would be cool but unless they do laser scans of the original, it couldnt be as accurate-but articulation with the amp would be really cool and expensive

Accuracy is HT's forte.

They pulled off and execute the mark 1 beautifully.

So I think if they decide to do the AMP suit, it'd be spectacular!

I don't think they'll make an AMP suit. It would be an awesome piece, no doubt about that and if anyone could make a fully poseable 1/6 AMP suit, it would be them, but I think the costs it will take on R&D on that thing, will make it very, very expensive...

Not to mention the space it would need to display properly... Not only is it very tall, there's also width and dept which might increase depending on the pose you would choose.

Maybe they'll do a smaller version though, like with the Sentinel from The Matrix :dunno

I thought the AMP suit is give or take bout the same size as the alien power loader?

I mean they could do it then, Im sure they can do an even better job now, and I wont take any lesser than a 1/6th scale.

Ask him how big they are , what scale are they in? Is jake human or Na'vi?

He didn't mention the scale. Not sure if there was anything else in the pics for scale, but I'd sure hope they are 1/6, or Hot Toys shouldn't even bother. The Jake is the Avatar version.

Pics or it didn't happen.

He's got the pics. He just doesn't want to stab his friend in the back by showing them.

Oh ye of little faith, guys. However, I don't like how vague that tidbit is. How good is 'pretty good'? Is that a pejorative?

My friend hasn't seen the movie yet, so his perspective on accuracy is an issue, but he sounded impressed when he said 'pretty good'. Made me beg him to see them.

I'd like to see how HT handles making an 18" tall blue body.... :D[/QUOTE]

That's whay I'm most curious about too. These characters are mostly naked. And, if they are 1/6 at 18" or taller, how expensive are they going to be?

I thought the AMP suit is give or take bout the same size as the alien power loader?

I mean they could do it then, Im sure they can do an even better job now, and I wont take any lesser than a 1/6th scale.

I thought the AMP suit is like 1,5 times the size of the Power Loader... could be mistaken though :dunno

He didn't mention the scale. Not sure if there was anything else in the pics for scale, but I'd sure hope they are 1/6, or Hot Toys shouldn't even bother. The Jake is the Avatar version.

He's got the pics. He just doesn't want to stab his friend in the back by showing them.

My friend hasn't seen the movie yet, so his perspective on accuracy is an issue, but he sounded impressed when he said 'pretty good'. Made me beg him to see them.

That's whay I'm most curious about too. These characters are mostly naked. And, if they are 1/6 at 18" or taller, how expensive are they going to be?

Yup, I was wondering about that too! :)

And Avatar version for Jake!! :woo

So do you might have an idea of when we might see some pics? :monkey3

i'll be shocked it HT does a 1/6 AMP SUIT.

i'd love to see it, i just don't forsee it happening

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would go for a human version of Jake here.

I would definitly go for it as well.

For 2 reasons:

1) Scale reference. You could pose him side by side with his Avatar. And in a wheelchair that will make the Avatar look HUGE!!!

2) I've always wanted a good wheelchair action figure. I have Dr. X from Toys R Us but that's it.

If they did do a human Jake I would prefer his look from later in the film when he has begun to sympathize with the Na'vi rather than the jar head Jake... although perhaps two head-sculpts could give us both.

Last edited:
Here's a good question:

If they make a Natari, how will they handle the nipple situation?

1) No nipple.
2) Hint of a nipple (i.e. a little raised and a little pointed but no color difference).
3) Full on nipple!

In the movie I never could make out a nipple (and believe me I tried:naughty) but my wife claimed that she saw it.

It would suck balls if they just made the Na'vi 12 inches and no human characters. Starting to think thats what Hot Toys is planning:mad:

They should at least be the same size as Big Chap. I think scale will be a deal breaker here

These things should be huge i mean like 18 feet does anybody have a comparision pic navi and human in size that would be great.

scale.png

wow the size ceases to amaze me, but yea thats how big they should be compared to a regular human figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back