Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any room in these threads for "normal" Avatar fans anymore? :monkey3 ;)

Is there such a thing? ;)

I believe he may be referring to fans whose interest in the film and related merchandise hasn't yet deteriorated into a discussion of will-they-won't-they on certain alien anatomy. That, and the ridiculous amount of post-padding in this thread.:rolleyes:

Back on point, I believe we are closer to seeing specs since HT has put up the IB Aldo preview.

Also, I was thinking, if these figures aren't scaled down, then these will be the largest head-sculpts that HT has done to date, no?

This is a discussion thread about the figures. Nothing wrong with talking about nipples. We all have them.

If this bothers you, I suggest never going into the sandbox.

To my knowledge, this is the first topless female figure that Hot Toys has made. So I really do think the nipple issue is an interesting one. I did not only bring it up to be silly or perverted.:cool:

It's an issue that I expect was discussed at length during the design process for these figures.

My personal prediction is that Neytiri's necklace will be part of the body sculpt or skin suit, depending on what they use, thus hiding the nipples. Normally that sort of thing would look bad on a figure, but I think Hot Toys can pull it off. Besides, although there were brief glimpses, in the movie it almost looked like the necklace was glued to her body, so it will look pretty screen accurate.

Though I doubt the necklace will be permenantly attached, it will probably be big enough to cover her breast area completely. I'm doubting she'll have nips.

Yes, and I believe your original post had what some of those following it lacked: tact. I think there is room for the more substantive discussion/academic curiosity of your original post. If you'd like my opinion, I believe they will leave the necklace unattached but leave the nipple undistinguished from the surrounding blue flesh tone--that way they can both (1) self-censor to avoid any values-based protest and (2) fully sculpt a realistic looking necklace.

Tact? Like I said.....stay out of the sandbox! :lol

I will keep this short and sweet.

I am genuinely sorry if I caused any offense in this thread.

In my initial post regarding the nipple question, I was motivated by a genuine curiosity about Hot Toys handling of the matter. Because this is a body part that is somewhat taboo in my culture (USA) I presented the question with an element of humor. (My wife thought it was funny.)

I see now that in this community that was unwise and lacking in tact.

I also apologize for contributing to the of topic discussion about the movie Avatar, though I am not the one who brought that up.

I am not sure whether the "troll" comment was directed at me, but if it was it hurt. I have never been called a troll before and I hate those who enter threads just to rile things up. This was never my intent.

Again, I am sorry for any negative energy that I brought to this discussion and I will bow out of this thread for a while, as I value having this community to discuss a great hobby with and I don't want to put that in jeopardy.

Thank you.

You didn't say or ask anything wrong. The posts weren't directed at you at all. You'll learn about people once you're been here for awhile. Most are great guys who mean well. Some just get a bit carried away. Just hold your guns and speak your peace.......or piece. :D

Party on, Garth! :rock

You know it since avatar is very popular, and thier problay working on these fig right now thats why hot toys has been so quiet.

All I want Hot toys to do is show us a teaser. We are all getting excited about what they are doing and what na'vi we will be getting, but what proof have we got to say that they are making them? All we've got is a guy who says he's seen pictures. I'm not saying that he's lying, but we need some solid proof.

It official they have the license go to the website.

You know it since avatar is very popular, and thier problay working on these fig right now thats why hot toys has been so quiet.

Yeah and i have a feeling its going to be a big production line from them. Avatar by tomorrow or tues will probly be the highest grossing movie of all time so i bet hot toys is gonna really impress us. I just hope its soon.

Yup, After all the dark knight was number two of all time and hot toys made many figures, so im guessing we will get an awesome line of these figs.

This is a discussion thread about the figures. Nothing wrong with talking about nipples. We all have them.

I don't have nipples. In fact, I'm still waiting for them to come in. They're like undescended testicles.

Take that!

Lol i can see it now, human jake with pistol and wheelchair action to defeat the evil quarich. No offense to anybody in a wheelchair.

Maybe they can use whatever design scheme for the PredAlien for these figures. The scale up might be somewhat close, although you have to consider that the weight factor in these sets might go up quite a bit.

I have hard time seeing HT make that power armor from the movie.

Maybe they can use whatever design scheme for the PredAlien for these figures. The scale up might be somewhat close, although you have to consider that the weight factor in these sets might go up quite a bit.

I have hard time seeing HT make that power armor from the movie.

I think the Scale for the Avatar figs will be simialr to the Predaline..that was like 18" right?

I think hot toys can def pull off an AMP suit. they did the Aliens Power loader and Batman Tumbler. It will be a little bigger but sooo worth it!

I hope thier big and not 1/6 scale. Maybe 18 or 20 inches but hopfully not 12inches.

well i think they said there gonna be 1/6 scale, but 1/6 for a 10ft Avatar wwould be like 18-20", but i thinkif they do the marines theyll be 12"

Its highly likely they will make Quaritch so if they are making Avatars they will have to be in scale with him. Hot toys will know there fans will be a little annoyed otherwise. I have a feeling there going to do an amazing job with this license.

Well if they do a quarich then an amp suit in a shoe in.

Well if they do a quarich then an amp suit in a shoe in.

wtf-cat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back